IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Ivorguy said:

Just a little contrary note to strike.

I hope things improve for Rovers and they begin to challenge us

The old rivalry was good to watch, good for the success of both clubs, and good for football in the city

Why young supporters under fifty should be so bitter is way beyond my understanding, but then again at my age much is beyond my understanding from Brexit onwards!

46 minutes ago, redapple said:

Social Media 

Social media does not necessarily explain underlying hate patterns. It is just a method of communicating,  no more, no less. In the past supporters of both clubs managed to communicate with each other without social media and also without the level of hatred shown today.  

Things have changed with football, as have with most things, but just looking at social media can’t explain a change in behaviour. It’s a bit like blaming health and safety regulations or Brexit or climate change or bankers or my cat ate my homework for everything 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Social media does not necessarily explain underlying hate patterns. It is just a method of communicating,  no more, no less. In the past supporters of both clubs managed to communicate with each other without social media and also without the level of hatred shown today.  

Things have changed with football, as have with most things, but just looking at social media can’t explain a change in behaviour. It’s a bit like blaming health and safety regulations or Brexit or climate change or bankers or my cat ate my homework for everything 

I've despised them for over 40 years, not going to change now and I can't blame Twitter or Dumbook for my total dislike.  Back in my day one would write a letter full of insults to a BRFC associate, pop it into an envelope and then deposit it in a red post box.  To add insult, no stamp was applied therefore the git had to stump up readies to the postie before having it handed to him.  Nobs then, nobs now……..but the youngsters don't really post letters anymore do they?  And don't get me started on telephone boxes and press Button A…………...?

Edited by JackofromSanJavier
typo
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

What success did having local derbies help bring either club in the 80’s or 90’s..? Apart from lower league promotion..?

Surely, 2 periods from last century aside, this is currently closing in on our most successful period now (sustained 2nd tier football, with play off ambition) 

Look how far we’ve progressed off the field since we last played them..!

They may need us as a market, but we sure as hell don’t need them and their going out of business could only benefit us. 

And you call yourself a Bristolian and a football supporter, and yet you want one of the city's clubs to go out of business.

How very very sad

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hmmm 2

16 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

And you call yourself a Bristolian and a football supporter, and yet you want one of the city's clubs to go out of business.

How very very sad

**** Bristol Rovers. I hope they go out of business . I’m a proud Bristolian. I’m a very proud Bristol City fan . You inbetweener

Bring back the rubbish bin . Biggest load of shite I have read on here 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1
  • Flames 2

5 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Dopey has got Luton fans pissing themselves by saying Luton don't have bigger support than them ?. Considering Kenilworth roads capacity holds 2k less then chernobyl I think Lutons new stadium capacity is too small at 17,500.

Luton’s average home attendance last season was 8.6k (1.7k below capacity) so why do you think a new stadium with 17.5k capacity is too small for them?

I just give up with the level of vitriol

Corinthian Spirit truly dead in Bristol then, save for some of us oldies who still remain true to the standards of the 40s and 50s.  Atyeo and Bradford must be spinning in their graves at the views expressed here, if you can call them that.

Makes me feel ashamed to be a City supporter in this age of hate.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

How very very sad

It's not by our choice that the League's most tedious and obnoxious club happens to be from the same City as the great BCFC.

The sooner they go bust the better.

• Like 10
  • Sad 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

I just give up with the level of vitriol

Corinthian Spirit truly dead in Bristol then, save for some of us oldies who still remain true to the standards of the 40s and 50s.  Atyeo and Bradford must be spinning in their graves at the views expressed here, if you can call them that.

Makes me feel ashamed to be a City supporter in this age of hate.

Worse things happen at sea mate.

28 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

How very very sad

Why don’t you go preach to them, most Gasheads I’ve seen posting on Social Media appear to feel exactly the same way about us.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Well I certainly wouldn't want to be on the high seas with some on here.

Hardly shipshape and Bristol fashion

Sounds to me like you would be happy spending your time on the high seas with pirates, good luck with that then.

Edited by Esmond Million's Bung
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

I disagree, most who read Social Media daily take everything as gospel. A lot of the Sags I know are younger than me but completely deluded due to what they read by fellow Sags. Even Wael thought they could have a 30k seater stadium and it would be sold out in an instant due to what he read. Too many people everywhere will not bother to get the actual facts of anything anymore, it doesn't help that the actual media will only print what they want to suit their own agenda. Politics, Brexit, Crime, Celebrities getting away with ----- (add your own word) etc etc etc.

17 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Even nostalgia ain't what it used to be.