IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

19 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Hey this Portsmouth fan seems pissed right off hahaha

pompeygas.PNG

You’d think with Pompey being top of League 1 he’d be over the moon, but no..he seems more preoccupied with the fortunes of some tinpot club at the other end of the table?

It’s almost like he’s not really a Pompey fan but was just too embarrassed to admit being a Gashead.

Surely not...

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

Their FB page is comedy gold again. Most are admittedly saying how abysmal they are playing but then you get stuff like:

I’ll always be a Gashead but I’m embarrassed to admit I’m one. 

Is that Weezord again?

53 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

We are the oldest club in Bristol and should be the most successful.”

Well, only one Bristol club has well over 100 consecutive seasons in the football league and it’s not the Gas. So they can stick their ‘1883’ up their arses because they haven’t even got a Freight Rover trophy to their name in all that time.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Sergio Georgini said:

So has Porsmouth fan, too scared to admit he's a R*vers fan just done celebrating taking more to QPR than them 82'ers? I wonder what little Weezleble thinks about only taking 500 to a game just outside London?

Just ask him, if their away support is so great, why don’t they bother to turn up to their home games?

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Sergio Georgini said:

Or away games for that matter..

You sure? I keep hearing they are amongst the best travellers in the country? (No pun intended) strange they never seem to mention their shit home support, you know the one that really matters, where they own club profit?

I've just had a quick read of their forum and the tide against Clarke is growing.

To our visitors from the dark side I will say this, Clarke is the only thing with any semblance of respect in your club and you are hounding out the only thing holding your club together. If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys so the issue is the budget he is given and NOT the Manager.

Sack him / hound him out and you're properly screwed so, as a red, knock yourselves out!! :)

We can see it, you, with your self important, deluded specs on, can't. If he leaves, you are definitely going down, bloody good! 

OTIB

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I've just had a quick read of their forum and the tide against Clarke is growing.

To our visitors from the dark side I will say this, Clarke is the only thing with any semblance of respect in your club and you are hounding out the only thing holding your club together. If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys so the issue is the budget he is given and NOT the Manager.

Sack him / hound him out and you're properly screwed so, as a red, knock yourselves out!! :)

We can see it, you, with your self important, deluded specs on, can't. If he leaves, you are definitely going down, bloody good! 

OTIB

I disagree. Under DC they are heading in one direction only, under the leadership of someone who’s lost the plot, lost interest and is more interested in making public bitchy digs at everyone else. 

He’s the perfect fit for them and I hope they can’t afford to sack him and he’s too stubborn to resign. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I disagree. Under DC they are heading in one direction only, under the leadership of someone who’s lost the plot, lost interest and is more interested in making public bitchy digs at everyone else. 

He’s the perfect fit for them and I hope they can’t afford to sack him and he’s too stubborn to resign. 

To be fair BBS3, he'e performed pretty damn well to get them to where they are IMHO and clearly wants out of that cesspit. Yes, he's having a damn good moan at the mo but they've sold anyone remotely half decent and given him a shite budget to replace them. 

essentially, they're screwed regardless. Shame eh! ;)

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

To be fair BBS3, he'e performed pretty damn well to get them to where they are IMHO and clearly wants out of that cesspit. Yes, he's having a damn good moan at the mo but they've sold anyone remotely half decent and given him a shite budget to replace them. 

essentially, they're screwed regardless. Shame eh! ;)

Agree and said it before, he's trying to get the push..... but they just can't afford to sack him ?

7 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

OTIB

I think you are right, they would end up like the Ipswich fans, wishing for the good old days when Magic Mick had them sitting comfortably in mid table. 

11 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Is that Weezord again?

Well, only one Bristol club has well over 100 consecutive seasons in the football league and it’s not the Gas. So they can stick their ‘1883’ up their arses because they haven’t even got a Freight Rover trophy to their name in all that time.

They even lie about the 1883 date. They didn’t change their name to Bristol rovers until 1899 

8 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

OTIB

Sorry I disagree 

I think we once bought a striker for 300k I recall his name something like snake 

And he turned out to be a wasp ?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

What was said above is 100% true. If we take banter aside temporarily, I will give credit where it is due. Darrell Clarke is the one bit of genuine sporting talent at the club. If they're daft enough to sack him then they are going straight down, and it will be hilarious.

Yes he’s shown that he can achieve decent things there, in the lower leagues/non league. 

He’s hardly made much on an impact on league one since he’s been there. Certainly since we nicked MT.

Whatever talents he does it doesn’t have, it’s all going very sour over there. They are heading in one direction at the moment, so hopefully sacking him is too expensive to risk a fresh face bringing in new ideas. 

The rot has set in and DC is the damp that’s feeding it. 

Long may it continue. 

The only totally objective view I can see is that he is destroying his own stock and will get to a point where he has to resign to save his own career.