IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

The more times I see you say this, the more I'm convinced you COULDN'T have been there yesterday

I wasn't there yesterday, haven't claimed to have been at any point, nor said anything contrary to the comments of yesterdays performance.

You are not relegated on the performance of one game, no matter how bad it was.

A mid table side is going to be inconsistent, and occasionally they will put in a dire performance, occasionally there will be a very good one.

Most games will be somewhere between the two, somewhere on a sliding scale of good to bad (though almost all games we don't win will be viewed as bad).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ever-red said:

Tramp sent off 1-0

We call him the Tramp, do you know what some of them call him?

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/13251/barnet-match-thread?page=8

He’s made a silly error today by the looks of it but let’s be honest that man bleeds blue blood and has always given everything for our team. He’s always reminded me of a lower league Edgar davids ,

at least he said 'lower league', but still how you compare the two is beyond me!

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I wasn't there yesterday, haven't claimed to have been at any point, nor said anything contrary to the comments of yesterdays performance.

A mid table side is going to be inconsistent, and occasionally they will put in a dire performance, occasionally there will be a very good one.

Most games will be somewhere between the two, somewhere on a sliding scale of good to bad (though almost all games we don't win will be viewed as bad).

Ok, fair play but I didn't know that you weren't there. I sort of assumed you were.

What I would say, it isn't only 1 game. This has been coming for weeks, months even.

This is a team and manager/ coach whatever that is headed only one way and don't kid yourself.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Ok, fair play but I didn't know that you weren't there. I sort of assumed you were.

What I would say, it isn't only 1 game. This has been coming for weeks, months even.

This is a team and manager/ coach whatever that is headed one way and don't kid yourself.

We've been dire for most of 2018!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Sorry if I missed it on another thread, but I heard a week or so ago that our record against teams in the top half of the table was the second best in the league. Against teams in the lower half of the table we were second worst. 

We need to figure out how to beat these 'lesser' teams. An natural goal scorer would be a start.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cider_boy said:

Sorry if I missed it on another thread, but I heard a week or so ago that our record against teams in the top half of the table was the second best in the league. Against teams in the lower half of the table we were second worst. 

We need to figure out how to beat these 'lesser' teams. An natural goal scorer would be a start.

Easier to bring in a natural head coach.

3 minutes ago, Cider_boy said:

Easier to bring in a natural head coach.

• Like 2

Just now, Cider_boy said:

This is obviously a master stroke from our highly regarded up and coming head coach. If we do better against teams above us then the sooner we plummet the better. If we get everyone above us we should be able to beat them all.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

This is obviously a master stroke from our highly regarded up and coming head coach. If we do better against teams above us then the sooner we plummet the better. If we get everyone above us we should be able to beat them all.

I was also thinking that if we ever made it to the Prem, we should be able to beat Man City, Utd, Liverpool etc, but would obviously have to put up with Cardiff beating us.

2 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

I think they did well, it was only a few years ago that Barnet beat them to the Conference title. :rofl2br:

Yep, no giant killing at the Hive today - the g*s didn`t win. Still, the extra revenue from a huge replay at the swamp will come in handy for the spending spree they will no doubt embark on come the 1st of January - I expect the BBC have enquired about televising it already, there will be a public outcry if they don`t.

40 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

- I expect the BBC have enquired about televising it already, there will be a public outcry if they don`t.

Added bonus for those loyal gasheads; if the game is televised, they won't have to bother turning up to watch.

• Haha 2