IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

6 minutes ago, pommers65 said:

:facepalm:

take it it’s nothing to do with Sunderland are a huge club for that level and it’s their ‘cup final’ (Sunderland’s obviously) and that it’s their first ever visit there?

Of course it’s not, it’s the gassssss, it’s what they doooooo’s.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BCFC11 said:

take it it’s nothing to do with Sunderland are a huge club for that level and it’s their ‘cup final’ (Sunderland’s obviously) and that it’s their first ever visit there?

Good effort, Gasheads.

Pity your team are SO shite! :facepalm:

13 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I read your posts and wonder whether you are on the right Clubs forum

Forums are just a tiny group of people,a little clique who always have to conform and say the same old drivel .

I cant be bothered with that and neither can 99.9% of city fans.

Lee johnson and steve cotterill have been on the end of unfair hammer bordering on abuse.

But hypocrites on here saying how great he was back then[cotterill].

What a joke!

7 minutes ago, bobby kellard was go said:

Forums are just a tiny group of people,a little clique who always have to conform and say the same old drivel .

Lee johnson and steve cotterill have been on the end of unfair hammer bordering on abuse.

What a joke!

Unless I am mistaken I’ve not seen one post on here saying how great/or bad SC was for us? Yes he should of been given the resources that LJ has been given and people shouldn’t of messed around with the transfers that SC had already agreed that obviously fell through, had the above happened then who knows where we would be right now. I will always be grateful to Cotts for giving us one of our best ever seasons but his arrogance and stubbornness ultimately cost him his job.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BCFC11 said:

Their first ever visit to the Stadium of Light, going up there to them is like the odd occasion we get to go to Newcastle. The distance almost seems irrelevant, very popular awayday and one that a lot of fans look out for when the fixtures are released.

Had they gone to Rochdale, Bradford or Scunthorpe today they’d have taken their usual 300-400.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pommers65 said:

They dont seem to understand the patronising nature of these comments. Pompey take 1,000 no one is saying what a great attendance. Bradford take 1,000 no one is saying what a great attendance. Rovers take 1,000 and it's fair play to the Gasheads, a great attendance with the missing ending of for such a small club

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, bobby kellard was go said:

What a joke!

Have you somehow remembered the names of those giving abuse to SC years ago and linked that to the usernames of fans on here who have praised him? Or is there a chance they’re different people?

23 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

They dont seem to understand the patronising nature of these comments. Pompey take 1,000 no one is saying what a great attendance. Bradford take 1,000 no one is saying what a great attendance. Rovers take 1,000 and it's fair play to the Gasheads, a great attendance with the missing ending of for such a small club

Gash  heads couldn’t spell “patronising “ let alone know what it means.

29 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

Have you somehow remembered the names of those giving abuse to SC years ago and linked that to the usernames of fans on here who have praised him? Or is there a chance they’re different people?

I just remember the endless posts against cotterill just like the current manager and every other manager.

Its not just BCFC though its how football is.

Probably a mistake by me and all the posters saying nice things about SC were defending him when he was struggling.

6 minutes ago, bobby kellard was go said:

I just remember the endless posts against cotterill just like the current manager and every other manager.

Its not just BCFC though its how football is.

Probably a mistake by me and all the posters saying nice things about SC were defending him when he was struggling.

Well I personally applauded him whilst doing well.

I got arsey when he wouldn’t put up a full bench, I also questioned the support he had at that time from the owner/board.

He was petulant towards the end and failing, his fault or the powers that be is another argument.

You can’t just keep clapping when things are going pear shaped.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, RumRed said:

I got arsey when he wouldn’t put up a full bench, I also questioned the support he had at that time from the owner/board.

He was petulant towards the end and failing, his fault or the powers that be is another argument.

I think steve lansdown turned his back on him after the promotion by refusing to buy the players cotterill wanted to sign.

But obviously he will get sweet FA if he takes over at rovers.

5 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Unless you're gAss ;)

4 minutes ago, bobby kellard was go said:

I think steve lansdown turned his back on him after the promotion by refusing to buy the players cotterill wanted to sign.

But obviously he will get sweet FA if he takes over at rovers.

I loved the guy but he was handed L1 on a plate.  Still took a load of balls to do what he did though, we’ve seen many in the Championship fail with money thrown at them.

Will always have respect, and great memories from him.

However if he goes to Rover’s (can’t imagine he will) hope he’s shite.

2 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Unless I am mistaken I’ve not seen one post on here saying how great/or bad SC was for us? Yes he should of been given the resources that LJ has been given and people shouldn’t of messed around with the transfers that SC had already agreed that obviously fell through, had the above happened then who knows where we would be right now. I will always be grateful to Cotts for giving us one of our best ever seasons but his arrogance and stubbornness ultimately cost him his job.

Mourinho is often described as arrogant and stubborn but he is considered a great manager. I think you need that to succeed in football management. Cotterill will always be a City legend in my eyes and I was disappointed when he was sacked. I think he could have done more if he had been supported fully by the board who seem happy with being a mid table Championship side. Having said that I think we have a good manager in Johnson and I think he will ultimately be a very successful manager. I only hope it will be with City rather than someone else.

• Like 1

A factor about Cotterill and LJ difference in budgets.

If we recall in 15/16 especially we were walking a bit of a fine line financially. Because of the redevelopment still ongoing we had a maximum capacity of less (average published attendance 15,292) as Lansdown Stand still being built.

Throw in also the corporate facilities in the Lansdown. These weren't there in 15/16 so Cotterill was arguably by necessity on a restricted budget.

This was something that wasn't the case for LJ as (average published) attendances the next year hit 19.2k plus the higher corporate revenue base from the Lansdown being complete.

If somehow and it's all ancient history now, but had Cotterill managed just to see us through the season he may well have seen the benefits of the budget increase- one of those what if situations.

Just something I think should be factored in.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 2

Good comment on the Sunderland forum:

“Their dads chucked rocks down on me from the flyover at the back of the away end at Eastville in 74

I hope they freezed their bollock off today and got a flat tyre on the way home.

Worse than Coventry.”

• Like 2
  • Haha 1