IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

"Oi feld for da referee today.. He wasn't up to da game. He couldn't handle da cauldron" :noexp:

They keep on giving!

Can say that again.....and again.... and again.

One of them thinks ‘it’s a point gained’ from their game today, yes that’s right at home against one of your relegation rivals who went down to 10 men, yeah great point that ?

Another posted this on their forum about Shrewsbury.....

Horrible cheating mickey mouse club.

???  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Family club strikes again.Screenshot_20190209-200808_Facebook.thumb.jpg.2721ea97a3648d430430f5203761460a.jpg

This is one of the many, many reasons they are loved and adored all over the country unlike us “gert ******* shithead fugs”.

3 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

469 Shrews - 7853 15ers

Under 8k Gas again?

Its what they do....

49 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Can say that again.....and again.... and again.

One of them thinks ‘it’s a point gained’ from their game today, yes that’s right at home against one of your relegation rivals who went down to 10 men, yeah great point that ?

Another posted this on their forum about Shrewsbury.....

Horrible cheating mickey mouse club.

???  

I heard one of them saying that "they need to start winning games if they wanted "a top 10 finish" .Talk about delusion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, cityal said:

I wonder how many points they have won against 11 men for 90 minutes this season - seems like they always need help from the referee.

I thought I would answer my own question from earlier.....

This stuff is based on data from - https://www.flashscores.co.uk/team/bristol-rovers/GILi6JC9/results/   and the league one tables on bbc sport (Sorry any gas reading for using facts)

League One matches where a Bristol Rovers opponent has been reduced to 10 men:

Rochdale (A) Draw

Gillingham (H) Win

Fleetwood (H) Win

Shrewsbury (H) Draw

So 8 points gained against sides with 10 men across 4 matches

They have  played a total of 31 league one matches this season "amassing" (sic) 33 points 

Their ppg against 10 men = 8pts / 4 matches  = 2 ppg

Their ppg against 11 men = 25pts  / 27 matches  = 0.92 ppg

You would usually expect a higher ppg in games against 10 men of course, but the difference for the gas feels huge - maybe someone with more knowledge than myself could say if that is really the case? 
My conclusion is if they play against 11 for the rest of the season, and don't improve their form things could look very bleak for them ?

Interestingly despite us feeling they get "lucky" in this regard the following site - http://www.footcharts.co.uk/index.cfm?task=basics_cards contains a tool to look at a league table of for/against cards - pompey have had many matches where opponents are at 10 men. (this site still needs updating for this weekends games)

2 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

They could be in a fair bit of trouble for that. 

Just been on asschat and you won’t be surprised to know they say it can’t be them as there was quarter of an hour left. Apparently groups of thugs hang around the stadium during the match hoping for trouble.

Repeat it couldn’t be da roverz 

Here’s the report from the Shropshire Star ... 

Shrewsbury Town vehicle taking Greg Docherty to hospital allegedly hit by objects whilst departing Memorial Stadium

By Lewis Cox | Shrewsbury Town FC | Published: 4 hours ago | Last Updated: 3 hours ago

Boss Sam Ricketts revealed his disappointment after a Shrewsbury Town vehicle taking Greg Docherty to hospital was allegedly pelted with missiles at Bristol Rovers.

The car taking Greg Docherty to hospital was the target of thrown objects (AMA) 

Town substitute Docherty was on the field less than half hour before he had to be taken off after complaining off blurred vision. 

He had taken a ball to the face in the Rovers box during the ill-fated 1-1 draw at the Memorial Stadium. 

But, while leaving the stadium during the final stages of the match in a marked Town vehicle, the car was allegedly hit by several objects. 

"Doch had some bleeding in his eye, he wanted to carry on. But as it went on he started to struggle with vision," said Ricketts. 

"Doch's left early to go to the eye hospital. I'm a bit disappointed with how the vehicle was treated taking him with objects thrown when they're trying to leave the ground and get to hospital. 

"That's disappointing. Hopefully he'll be OK." 

That was one of the incidents that left Ricketts unhappy after his side were pegged back to draw 1-1. 

The Town boss feels Graham Coughlan's hosts should have found themselves down to 10 men for Abu Ogogo's kick out on Ollie Norburn early on. He feels Norburn should never have been shown his first yellow - as the Town man survived a Gas appeal for a second yellow. 

And Ricketts strongly believed the late red card to sub Dave Edwards was 'unjust' as the midfielder was 'caught in the heat of the moment' by inexperienced League One referee Peter Wright.

Personally, I miss us playing this Gas scum, as I used to I like giving there lot a good kickin pre/during and post match.

Hate the *******! Always have done, always will!

WTF were they doing pelting the car giving the Shrews player a lift to the meat shop???

Evil ******* IMO! GGGrrrr.....

Edited by GasDestroyer
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Busterrimes said:

Just been on asschat and you won’t be surprised to know they say it can’t be them as there was quarter of an hour left. Apparently groups of thugs hang around the stadium during the match hoping for trouble.

Repeat it couldn’t be da roverz 

Are they blaming the police?

Edited by Crackers Corner
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Crackers Corner said:

Are they blaming saying it was the police?

Should they ever meet again, Gash v Liverpool is now being hyped as the “We Are Always the Victims Who Attack Emergency Vehicles Transporting Injured Players to Hospital Derby”.

Gert catchy.

9 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Here’s the report from the Shropshire Star ... 

Shrewsbury Town vehicle taking Greg Docherty to hospital allegedly hit by objects whilst departing Memorial Stadium

By Lewis Cox | Shrewsbury Town FC | Published: 4 hours ago | Last Updated: 3 hours ago

Boss Sam Ricketts revealed his disappointment after a Shrewsbury Town vehicle taking Greg Docherty to hospital was allegedly pelted with missiles at Bristol Rovers.

The car taking Greg Docherty to hospital was the target of thrown objects (AMA) 

Town substitute Docherty was on the field less than half hour before he had to be taken off after complaining off blurred vision. 

He had taken a ball to the face in the Rovers box during the ill-fated 1-1 draw at the Memorial Stadium. 

But, while leaving the stadium during the final stages of the match in a marked Town vehicle, the car was allegedly hit by several objects. 

"Doch had some bleeding in his eye, he wanted to carry on. But as it went on he started to struggle with vision," said Ricketts. 

"Doch's left early to go to the eye hospital. I'm a bit disappointed with how the vehicle was treated taking him with objects thrown when they're trying to leave the ground and get to hospital. 

"That's disappointing. Hopefully he'll be OK." 

That was one of the incidents that left Ricketts unhappy after his side were pegged back to draw 1-1. 

The Town boss feels Graham Coughlan's hosts should have found themselves down to 10 men for Abu Ogogo's kick out on Ollie Norburn early on. He feels Norburn should never have been shown his first yellow - as the Town man survived a Gas appeal for a second yellow. 

And Ricketts strongly believed the late red card to sub Dave Edwards was 'unjust' as the midfielder was 'caught in the heat of the moment' by inexperienced League One referee Peter Wright.

Why is this not leading the Radio Bristol headlines or top story on the Bristol post website, I’m 100% certain if it was City fans it would be. 

Its one rule for those deluded , victim playing scumbags and one rule for us.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, GasDestroyer said:

Personally, I miss us playing this Gas scum, as I used to I like giving there lot a good kickin pre/during and post match.

Hate the *******! Always have done, always will!

WTF were they doing pelting the car giving the Shrews player a lift to the meat shop???

Evil ******* IMO! GGGrrrr.....

those were the days.

58 minutes ago, bs3 said:

Why is this not leading the Radio Bristol headlines or top story on the Bristol post website, I’m 100% certain if it was City fans it would be. 

BBC Bristol new website yesterday had the fewers draw as top story and our win behind them.

Edited by Slacker

Coughlans interview was well out of order, blaming all and sundry for appointing such an inexperienced referree. Fair enough it's the blokes first season on League One games but everyone starts from somewhere and does Coughlan really think the Gas deserve Collina running their games?

Edited by cidercity1987
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, bs3 said:

Obviously sheeds, masquerading as sainted sags.

5 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Coughlans interview was well out of order, blaming all and sundry for appointing such an experienced referree. Fair enough it's the blokes first season on League One games but everyone starts for somewhere and does Coughlan really think the Gas deserve Collina running their games?

They did play like Barcelona last week apparently .

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Coughlans interview was well out of order, blaming all and sundry for appointing such an inexperienced referree. Fair enough it's the blokes first season on League One games but everyone starts from somewhere and does Coughlan really think the Gas deserve Collina running their games?

He’d do well to remember that he’s just two months into his first managerial appointment, in other words a mere novice prone to making mistakes. Everyone starts somewhere as you rightly point out. He should have cut the ref some slack but to do so wouldn’t win him brownie points from his supporters.

Cock by name ...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bs3 said:

Post are on it now;

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/objects-thrown-vehicle-carrying-injured-2528119

Edited by myol'man

4 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Those that get locked out of the Memorial Ground (“The Lucky Ones”) and loiter around its car park appear to be a really nasty bunch. Teds obviously. 

Bloody Teds. The lengths we’ll go to in order to give them a bad name.