IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

49 minutes ago, bodin said:

I could give a few examples but the strongest is probably Bournemouth, they're leagues above where they've been for the majority of their history and now they're being able to beat some of the best Premier League teams 4-0, when only a decade beforehand they were scraping away from relegation

Owner bought into Bournemouth in 2011, his worth is in the 100s of millions BTW , they spent a lot of money to get up and are not reliant on crowds. That would probably change with relegation, but they apparently stay with in the FFP rules. My point being, although another club with small crowds, they are another club with a rich owner, and now about £100m from the Prem each year. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Banjo Island said:

One win and your up and running bodin so predictablea it takes  one little thing to get you lot excited on radio bristol last night some chump described one of your players as reminding him of loftus cheek haha give it a rest what a totally futile football club you are

Ha ha, just to show the sag knew a lot about football's elite, it said Loftus Cheek of Man City!

Best stick to Wealdstone or Braintree, a level you're more accustomed to.

This thread has taken an interesting turn.

@bodin, do you honestly think your club, given the absolute tip you call home and your losses / lack of revenue / infrastructure, would stand a hope in hell's chance at the level we currently do quite well at?

I'm genuinely interested as myself, like the rest of us, already know the answer but would like to hear your thoughts.

That league one table looks incredibly tight. Even Wycombe in 12th place are in a relegation battle, just 5 points off the drop zone.

If I was a saggie, I wouldn't be shouting from the rooftops just yet. They've been on a good run, but so  have many other teams around them. All it would take is a couple of bad results, and they could suddenly find themselves adrift again.

For what it's worth, I think they will probably survive this time around, but then what? No money, no resources, dwindling crowds and pretty much nothing in the way of evidence that things are going to change.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bodin said:

Point 3: No, I didn't celebrate at Wycombe, I knew there was every chance we could still go down given that Wycombe was our first win in 6 games, and we could blow it at Mansfield....

Good grief, you don’t even know that the game that saw you drop out of the Football League was at home to Mansfield...I’ll jog your memory, they stuffed you whilst wearing one of your own kits...

You’ve come on here and blustered about in a patronising fashion, correcting people’s spelling (which is my job by the way!) and spouting your verbose, and boring, opinions - yet you don’t even know that the biggest game in your history was at home.

You’re lucky you’ve been given a platform to drone on and on because you must be aware that any City fan that dares to have a debate on your forum gets banned immediately from the closed shop of delusion more commonly known as ‘Gas Chat’?!

• Like 1

For what it’s worth, I agree with the new pet Sag about their survival chances. I don’t think they’re getting relegated  unless there is a drastic downturn in form and I can’t see that happening.

Obviously Dopey Darrell wasn’t the managerial genius that they told everyone he was, under him they were undoubtedly heading back to L2. Whether ‘the cock’ can continue this form next season is another matter however he’ll have to do it on a shoestring as the 6th richest owners in the Football League clearly have no intention of backing any manager with decent funds.

Interesting that Saggy has chosen this particular moment to sign up to OTIB after a few defeats for us and a couple of wins for them? 

Whatever happens over the rest of the season, we will be a Championship team at least next year (likely imo) and they will be a L1 club with L2 fans in a Non League ground spunking ‘gifts’ at every opportunity.

I also confidently predict that Ipswich fans will be on BJ list next year. Grubby little star-struck, arse kissers that the Sags are.

ohh, please tell us that you love us more than da shit, pleeese, I know you haven’t heard of us but aren’t we amazing? Look at our stadium, feel sorry for us pleeese”

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

@bodin, do you honestly think your club, given the absolute tip you call home and your losses / lack of revenue / infrastructure, would stand a hope in hell's chance at the level we currently do quite well at?

I'm genuinely interested as myself, like the rest of us, already know the answer but would like to hear your thoughts.

Would the EFL even allow them to play in that stadium in the Championship??

I see this Saggie is falling for Coughlan's claptrap.

As he said on Saturday 'I dont look at the full league table, I just look at the one since I was appointed and I am in a play off place'. Thats alright then, you get em relegated as long as your form is play offs then whats the problem ?‍♂️?‍♀️

Edited by cidercity1987

The trouble with taking a limited set of statistics is you do not give the full picture. Sure Coughlan might have “play off” form, but that masks just how badly your club is being run.

If you look at England managers win percentages, Alf Ramsey is third. Behind Fabio Capello in second and Sam Allardyce.

It would ignore reality to take those stats and pretend that Big Sam is the greatest England manager of all time. Just as it ignores reality to argue that Couglan is a play off manager.

8 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Owner bought into Bournemouth in 2011, his worth is in the 100s of millions BTW , they spent a lot of money to get up and are not reliant on crowds. That would probably change with relegation, but they apparently stay with in the FFP rules. My point being, although another club with small crowds, they are another club with a rich owner, and now about £100m from the Prem each year. 

My point wasn't we could emulate Bournemouth, my point was Bournemouth have a fanbase who must be in disbelief of where they are now, so I don't think they'd think they deserve better

8 hours ago, Swede said:

Ha ha, just to show the sag knew a lot about football's elite, it said Loftus Cheek of Man City!

Best stick to Wealdstone or Braintree, a level you're more accustomed to.

I didn't say it, and there are uneducated members of every fanbase, City included. I have a mate who supports City and I asked him how Jay DaSilva was, because as a player i've kept watch of him for a couple years, and he said "who?"

8 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Honestly? Not in a million years. It's exactly what I said when we were sitting around 4thish and on amazing form in League 1 in the 16/17 season, in the short term yes 3 promotions on the bounce great. But in the long term I didn't want us to go up that season, it would have been embarrassing. We still had a Conference squad and needed to take time to build a team.

7 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

That league one table looks incredibly tight. Even Wycombe in 12th place are in a relegation battle, just 5 points off the drop zone.

If I was a saggie, I wouldn't be shouting from the rooftops just yet. They've been on a good run, but so  have many other teams around them. All it would take is a couple of bad results, and they could suddenly find themselves adrift again.

For what it's worth, I think they will probably survive this time around, but then what? No money, no resources, dwindling crowds and pretty much nothing in the way of evidence that things are going to change.

Whilst I get your point, but there really haven't been a lot of teams around Rovers level who are on good form, in fact the majority are on awful form. The only teams near us that have been on good form from what I can remember are Plymouth and Oxford. And that's only 3 of 13 teams (including Wycombe).

4 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Good grief, you don’t even know that the game that saw you drop out of the Football League was at home to Mansfield...I’ll jog your memory, they stuffed you whilst wearing one of your own kits...

You’ve come on here and blustered about in a patronising fashion, correcting people’s spelling (which is my job by the way!) and spouting your verbose, and boring, opinions - yet you don’t even know that the biggest game in your history was at home.

You’re lucky you’ve been given a platform to drone on and on because you must be aware that any City fan that dares to have a debate on your forum gets banned immediately from the closed shop of delusion more commonly known as ‘Gas Chat’?!

I was at the game, it was a poor choice of words. Nothing more.

Don't think I've seen a City fan on Gas Chat in a long time, but a lot get banned because after a loss they'll be like "mind da gap sags" just as Rovers will go "unlucky da shit, we're coming for you," on otib and probably get banned for it. But I don't run Gas Chat? And if people who genuinely want to debate get banned then that's wrong.

4 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

For what it’s worth, I agree with the new pet Sag about their survival chances. I don’t think they’re getting relegated  unless there is a drastic downturn in form and I can’t see that happening.

Obviously Dopey Darrell wasn’t the managerial genius that they told everyone he was, under him they were undoubtedly heading back to L2. Whether ‘the cock’ can continue this form next season is another matter however he’ll have to do it on a shoestring as the 6th richest owners in the Football League clearly have no intention of backing any manager with decent funds.

Interesting that Saggy has chosen this particular moment to sign up to OTIB after a few defeats for us and a couple of wins for them? 

Whatever happens over the rest of the season, we will be a Championship team at least next year (likely imo) and they will be a L1 club with L2 fans in a Non League ground spunking ‘gifts’ at every opportunity.

I also confidently predict that Ipswich fans will be on BJ list next year. Grubby little star-struck, arse kissers that the Sags are.

ohh, please tell us that you love us more than da shit, pleeese, I know you haven’t heard of us but aren’t we amazing? Look at our stadium, feel sorry for us pleeese”

For me I've always thought Darrell Clarke was a great manager, on the same level as someone like Paul Hurst. He just needed backing, think about it, had our board not sold Taylor, Bodin and Harrison, he'd have built one hell of a strike force and we'd probably be competiting for promotion right now. I don't think you can expect any manager to sell their 4 top goalscorers in the space of 18 months and expect him to replace all of them effectively and expect him to improve other positions on the pitch simultaneously with very limited funds. 

I think Clarke would be very successful at say, a Bradford or a Mansfield, someone with a capacity to back their owner.

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

I see this Saggie is falling for Coughlan's claptrap.

As he said on Saturday 'I dont look at the full league table, I just look at the one since I was appointed and I am in a play off place'. Thats alright then, you get em relegated as long as your form is play offs then whats the problem ?‍♂️?‍♀️

Whilst I disagree with looking at the bigger picture I do see his point.

1 hour ago, BS2 Red said:

The trouble with taking a limited set of statistics is you do not give the full picture. Sure Coughlan might have “play off” form, but that masks just how badly your club is being run.

If you look at England managers win percentages, Alf Ramsey is third. Behind Fabio Capello in second and Sam Allardyce.

It would ignore reality to take those stats and pretend that Big Sam is the greatest England manager of all time. Just as it ignores reality to argue that Couglan is a play off manager.

But win percentages have never been a good measure to analyse a manager's success on imo. Because you'll have the same win percentage if you have 50 wins and 50 losses, as you would if you had 50 wins and 50 draws over your managerial tenure. Yet we all know 50 wins and 50 draws is far superior, although not realistic.

59 minutes ago, Robin Wood said:

They have won 1 game on the trot and now they are world beaters watch out Barcelona

I never said we were world beaters or compared us to Barcelona. I said we're on great form so I expect us to stay up comfortably. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, bodin said:

Since Coughlan took over Rovers have 23 points in 14 games. I'll do the maths, that's 1.64 points per game, over a 46 game season that's 75 points. Last season that would have been enough to finish 5th in League 1, which is a place in the Playoffs. We're 36 games into the season so far, so such form would expect 59 points, which would be enough to be 6th at the moment, also in the playoff spot. Hence since Coughlan took over we've experienced playoff form. 

We're a "1 measly point outside of the relegation zone." Except we have a game in hand and if we win that we go all the way up to 13th, comfortably clear of the relegation zone. Also, if you're mocking the club size of the team we've beat then we beat Blackpool 4-0? So what's your point? And if you're mocking the fact they're a poor team, why wouldn't a team below another team in the league celebrate a win against that team? It's not even a one-off because we've done it multiple times in recent weeks but oh well. 

On that basis I would like to calculate the finishing table of the Championship purely on games played from Boxing Day until 12th February - average of 3 points per game for us, which would equate over 46 games as a record breaking points total that would see us win the League by about 50 points. Easy.

I would be more worried about what funds he is given over the Summer and what infrastructure will be improved, even if you stay up you will more than likely struggle again next season with zero investment and still losing millions per year. You could even be left without a ground if the club isn't sold as it is basically has no equity left in it.

38 minutes ago, bodin said:

My point wasn't we could emulate Bournemouth, my point was Bournemouth have a fanbase who must be in disbelief of where they are now, so I don't think they'd think they deserve better

Bournemouth are a funny one. When they went up , they spent a lot of money on wages and had a fine of £7.6m for breaking FFP when they got promoted, nearly £40m lost winning the Championship. On here , I remember a few questions but not the condemnation that Wolves got for doing it a similar way, all be it on another level. 
I do wonder what will happen with them. When they got promoted the Russian part owner (I think it was him) , said they wouldn't redevelop the ground straight away. I think implying they would wait to see if they could maintain Premiership stats. Years on and as far as I know little has changed, although I believe he is now sole owner. Without the high money in the Prem they would be royal screwed , capacity of under 12,000 with no expansion in the near future? Better not get relegated any time soon.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, wood_red said:

I would be more worried about what funds he is given over the Summer and what infrastructure will be improved, even if you stay up you will more than likely struggle again next season with zero investment and still losing millions per year. You could even be left without a ground if the club isn't sold as it is basically has no equity left in it.

This is a very real problem that a lot of Fewers have yet to question.

A lot of Championship and League One clubs need to loan players to be competitive, especially with the financial restrictions we all have to work with.

We have seen Tammy, Kalas etc come in and do an outstanding job, part of that is down to the facilities we have. If you were head of (for example) Chelsea youth and had some young players who would benefit from playing adult football, would you loan them to a club with training and medical facilities, or to a club where the first thing they have to do when they get to training is to clear fox shit from the pitch.

@bodin ? Fair play son. At least you are giving it a right good go at trying to convince us that your club isn’t as Tinpot as it is. I haven’t seen as much effort since Ian Alexander tried to put Dave Smith in hospital twice and then tried to do the same to his replacement Louie Donowa. 

Like @Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan I too believe that you might actually manage to escape the drop this year, because usually (apart from Sir Colin Daniel day) you have always been spawny bastards. 

However, in my opinion you are ? ? well above your weight with no money in a tented shithole. You must be embarrassed at how awful it is. It makes Trumpton look like a palace!

The reality is that Rovers are probably on a par with the likes of Yeovil and Cheltenham these days. Two promotions were a miracle under the dog fiddler which is why you have been struggling at the wrong end of League One since you went up. It’s only a matter of time before you crash back into League Two to increase the gap to where it should be.

I think your fan base are just struggling to come to terms with the fact that your club is dying, and without a serious cash injection and a new ground it won’t be long before you are struggling to hang on to your football league status again at the bottom of League Two.

Your long term future is grim to say the least and the longer you fester the more your faithful and true will start to dwindle.

Your delusion is thinking that you are bigger than you are which is actually what you project onto us as our problem.

I’m just glad you didn’t succeed in stealing our ground back in 1982 and I enjoy the false hopes followed by disaster when it comes to Tinpot Bristol Rovers.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I know a Notts County fan who still clearly believes that his team has the potential to be the biggest in their city.

"Just you wait until Forest crash and burn, we'll soon be back above them" etc etc

*note, take a look at the bottom of the League 2 table

11 hours ago, bodin said:

But Taylor wasn't optional, Bodin had 6 months left on his contract and Harrison we got offered £1m for, which we saw as great business since we could get Payne for £200k. 

Here is further evidence, were it required, of the hyperbole which we are gifted by 15ers so frequently. The fee for Harrison was “a reported £750,000”; you were not offered £1m by Ipswich, (unless you actually were and succeeded only in negotiating them down).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44925395

19 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Here is further evidence, were it required, of the hyperbole which we are gifted by 15ers so frequently. The fee for Harrison was “a reported £750,000”; you were not offered £1m by Ipswich, (unless you actually were and succeeded only in negotiating them down).

Thing is, them negotiating the fee down really isn't beyond them.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, bodin said:

Do you misunderstand me? By "deserve better," I mean around 8-10th in League 1. Around that. And there's evidence for that, specifically the 9th highest average attendance in the league. And the fact we'd have the 2nd highest would be go down. I'm not dumb enough to think we deserve the Championship, maybe that's what you think I'm implying? 

Also that's quite ignorant, just the other day a guy on gaschat started a petition and met up with the board and conducted a 2 hour interview with the board. What else can you do? They're not poor enough for us to boycott. 

And there you go, another belting comment - you 'deserve to be around 8th-10th in L1'. Why and based on what exactly? Average attendances don't count. It's based on way more than just the number of people who turn up every other weekend at the Bristol Rovers Tent Show. You've only been a league club for a couple of years having relegated by a team wearing your own kit,  you've knocked around the conference, been knocked out of the FA Cup by more non league teams than is healthy, and yet you seem to think that you deserve and have a right to automatically be around the top ten in L1. Blinding.

You were doing so well with reasoned debate and coming back with points to back up your comments, undone in one silly comment.

#thegift

Edited by BanburyRed
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, bodin said:

We're a "1 measly point outside of the relegation zone." Except we have a game in hand and if we win that we go all the way up to 13th, comfortably clear of the relegation zone. Also, if you're mocking the club size of the team we've beat then we beat Blackpool 4-0? So what's your point? And if you're mocking the fact they're a poor team, why wouldn't a team below another team in the league celebrate a win against that team? It's not even a one-off because we've done it multiple times in recent weeks but oh well. 

Who is your game in hand against? I mean we have a game in hand on a few of our play off rivals, but as it's against Middlesbrough away,  I don't think many of us are using it in our equations. So how big is your IF? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, myol'man said:

I know a Notts County fan who still clearly believes that his team has the potential to be the biggest in their city.

"Just you wait until Forest crash and burn, we'll soon be back above them" etc etc

Even Notts County have a ground that the sags can only dream of!

3 hours ago, wood_red said:

On that basis I would like to calculate the finishing table of the Championship purely on games played from Boxing Day until 12th February - average of 3 points per game for us, which would equate over 46 games as a record breaking points total that would see us win the League by about 50 points. Easy.

The difference is i've used our form since Coughlan took over. Whereas Johnson has been at City for years and you've picked and chosen. You've also got a history under Johnson of poor spells in the second half of the season. The whole point is I don't think we need a club rebuild we just need a few players here and there, and there will be players of good quality available for limited funds, whether that be free agents, non-league stars of perhaps loanees. The infrastructure is obviously a problem but it's only a matter of time until the Al Qadis are forced out.

3 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Bournemouth are a funny one. When they went up , they spent a lot of money on wages and had a fine of £7.6m for breaking FFP when they got promoted, nearly £40m lost winning the Championship. On here , I remember a few questions but not the condemnation that Wolves got for doing it a similar way, all be it on another level. 
I do wonder what will happen with them. When they got promoted the Russian part owner (I think it was him) , said they wouldn't redevelop the ground straight away. I think implying they would wait to see if they could maintain Premiership stats. Years on and as far as I know little has changed, although I believe he is now sole owner. Without the high money in the Prem they would be royal screwed , capacity of under 12,000 with no expansion in the near future? Better not get relegated any time soon.

They seem to have a great squad and with players like Nathan Ake and David Brooks in their team they could reap high profits in the future on some of their players, hell, Chelsea were willing to bid £50m for Wilson apparently before they went for Higuain.

3 hours ago, East End Old Boy said:

Pleased to see you take such an interest in our performances. Are you a season card (yes, we have modern technology!) holder, or just an occasional visitor, perhaps away as well?

I have some mates who are City fans and we talk about performances and what not. 

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

This is a very real problem that a lot of Fewers have yet to question.

A lot of Championship and League One clubs need to loan players to be competitive, especially with the financial restrictions we all have to work with.

We have seen Tammy, Kalas etc come in and do an outstanding job, part of that is down to the facilities we have. If you were head of (for example) Chelsea youth and had some young players who would benefit from playing adult football, would you loan them to a club with training and medical facilities, or to a club where the first thing they have to do when they get to training is to clear fox shit from the pitch.

To take it back a few years I remember us getting in a lot of loan players in our first season in League 1. Particularly, Chelsea duo Charlie Colkett and Jake Clarke-Salter. Colkett was a great young player, seem to remember in the Chelsea youth team he was the main player that used to assist Tammy, but he struggled for game time so went back in January. Clarke-Salter was injured the majority of the time and when he finally played he was awful, got turned inside out by Lee Gregory. Somehow he's managed the eredivisie. 

2 hours ago, Gert Mare said:

@bodin ? Fair play son. At least you are giving it a right good go at trying to convince us that your club isn’t as Tinpot as it is. I haven’t seen as much effort since Ian Alexander tried to put Dave Smith in hospital twice and then tried to do the same to his replacement Louie Donowa. 

Like @Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan I too believe that you might actually manage to escape the drop this year, because usually (apart from Sir Colin Daniel day) you have always been spawny bastards. 

However, in my opinion you are ? ? well above your weight with no money in a tented shithole. You must be embarrassed at how awful it is. It makes Trumpton look like a palace!

The reality is that Rovers are probably on a par with the likes of Yeovil and Cheltenham these days. Two promotions were a miracle under the dog fiddler which is why you have been struggling at the wrong end of League One since you went up. It’s only a matter of time before you crash back into League Two to increase the gap to where it should be.

I think your fan base are just struggling to come to terms with the fact that your club is dying, and without a serious cash injection and a new ground it won’t be long before you are struggling to hang on to your football league status again at the bottom of League Two.

Your long term future is grim to say the least and the longer you fester the more your faithful and true will start to dwindle.

Your delusion is thinking that you are bigger than you are which is actually what you project onto us as our problem.

I’m just glad you didn’t succeed in stealing our ground back in 1982 and I enjoy the false hopes followed by disaster when it comes to Tinpot Bristol Rovers.

The ground is awful, especially the pitch last season which was atrocious. But in all honesty we always seem to have a good atmosphere, well whenever I go at least. Of course that might be mocked by City fans but I think it's true, although not a testament to our supporters really, more down to the standing conditions. But there's plenty of fans who are following clubs who are performing much better in League 1 who have awful fans. Fleetwood springs to mind. I think in the short term the quality in our squad (you may point to our position but that was down to the lack of quality in one area), might save us for a next couple of seasons. But in the long term I am worried, although I don't think we'll be competing at the bottom of League 2 anytime soon, in my opinion. 

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

@bodin bless you for replying to literally every single comment..! 

It’s like you actually think we give a toss what you think, about anything..! 

No problem mate, always happy to help. But hit me up next time you want to have an actual footballing debate rather than going "argh his a gazhed yur shite."

2 hours ago, myol'man said:

That's completely different though, firstly Nottingham Forest have won 2 European Cups, something Notts County won't ever achieve, and secondly I don't think we've got the potential to be the biggest in our city. 

2 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11707/11446570/bristol-rovers-striker-ellis-harrison-to-have-ipswich-medical-ahead-of-1m-move

"Ipswich are understood to be paying an initial fee of £750,000, rising to £1m with bonuses."

1 hour ago, BanburyRed said:

And there you go, another belting comment - you 'deserve to be around 8th-10th in L1'. Why and based on what exactly? Average attendances don't count. It's based on way more than just the number of people who turn up every other weekend at the Bristol Rovers Tent Show. You've only been a league club for a couple of years having relegated by a team wearing your own kit,  you've knocked around the conference, been knocked out of the FA Cup by more non league teams than is healthy, and yet you seem to think that you deserve and have a right to automatically be around the top ten in L1. Blinding.

You were doing so well with reasoned debate and coming back with points to back up your comments, undone in one silly comment.

#thegift

How is losing to a non-league teams more of a justification of where our club should be or deserves to be more than the size of our fanbase? The lack of quality of a team isn't a justification of where a team deserves to be.

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Who is your game in hand against? I mean we have a game in hand on a few of our play off rivals, but as it's against Middlesbrough away,  I don't think many of us are using it in our equations. So how big is your IF? 

Doncaster, who although high in the league have lost to Wimbledon and Shrewsbury in recent weeks, and when we play them they'll probably be 7 without a win given they lose to Blackpool tomorrow.

57 minutes ago, Southstandoriginal said:

Even Notts County have a ground that the sags can only dream of!

Even Bath have a ground we can only dream of at this rate.

Edited by bodin
typed wrong

23 minutes ago, bodin said:

The difference is i've used our form since Coughlan took over. Whereas Johnson has been at City for years and you've picked and chosen. You've also got a history under Johnson of poor spells in the second half of the season. The whole point is I don't think we need a club rebuild we just need a few players here and there, and there will be players of good quality available for limited funds, whether that be free agents, non-league stars of perhaps loanees. The infrastructure is obviously a problem but it's only a matter of time until the Al Qadis are forced out.

They seem to have a great squad and with players like Nathan Ake and David Brooks in their team they could reap high profits in the future on some of their players, hell, Chelsea were willing to bid £50m for Wilson apparently before they went for Higuain.

I have some mates who are City fans and we talk about performances and what not. 

To take it back a few years I remember us getting in a lot of loan players in our first season in League 1. Particularly, Chelsea duo Charlie Colkett and Jake Clarke-Salter. Colkett was a great young player, seem to remember in the Chelsea youth team he was the main player that used to assist Tammy, but he struggled for game time so went back in January. Clarke-Salter was injured the majority of the time and when he finally played he was awful, got turned inside out by Lee Gregory. Somehow he's managed the eredivisie. 

The ground is awful, especially the pitch last season which was atrocious. But in all honesty we always seem to have a good atmosphere, well whenever I go at least. Of course that might be mocked by City fans but I think it's true, although not a testament to our supporters really, more down to the standing conditions. But there's plenty of fans who are following clubs who are performing much better in League 1 who have awful fans. Fleetwood springs to mind. I think in the short term the quality in our squad (you may point to our position but that was down to the lack of quality in one area), might save us for a next couple of seasons. But in the long term I am worried, although I don't think we'll be competing at the bottom of League 2 anytime soon, in my opinion. 

No problem mate, always happy to help. But hit me up next time you want to have an actual footballing debate rather than going "argh his a gazhed yur shite."

That's completely different though, firstly Nottingham Forest have won 2 European Cups, something Notts County won't ever achieve, and secondly I don't think we've got the potential to be the biggest in our city. 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11707/11446570/bristol-rovers-striker-ellis-harrison-to-have-ipswich-medical-ahead-of-1m-move

"Ipswich are understood to be paying an initial fee of £750,000, rising to £1m with bonuses."

How is losing to a non-league teams more of a justification of where our club should be or deserves to be more than the size of our fanbase? The lack of quality of a team isn't a justification of where a team deserves to be.

Doncaster, who although high in the league have lost to Wimbledon and Shrewsbury in recent weeks, and when we play them they'll probably be 7 without a win given they lose to Blackpool tomorrow.

Even Bath have a ground we can only dream of at this rate.

and after all that the fact remains your still sh**t and always have been MIND THE GAP

• Like 1