IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

39 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Get the feeling that Alf Garnett will not be around too long based upon the crap he has dished up in his first 6 games.  Shame really as he seems like just the man to take them back out of the Football League where they belong.

Surely they can't afford to sack him? 

47 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

The best bit is if they had any sense they would take the pain right now and let him get on with it. But they will more than likely hound the guy out before he can get the job in motion and revert to some long ball Neanderthal Manager that they seem to adore out there and off they go again....

That mob have been long ball for about 40 years!!

To be fair, I remember them playing it on the deck a bit with David Williams at sweeper (I think) in about '83. Yes, they definitely passed the ball on the floor a bit, in 1983. Then Gerry Francis arrived .....

• Like 1

I sometimes wonder if Bristol Rovers isn't real, that it's some kind of TOWIE type soap opera purely for our enjoyment.

I mean when they won at Ipswich they were 3rd, on a roll and with a home game to come against AFC Wimbledon to go 2nd and I rhink City lost that day. Lireraly No-one would have written a sscript where the manager walks out to go to  team  in danger of relegation to the National League, they employ a new manager who's never played, managed or won a game of football in his life and they drop like a stone to 12th and lose at home to the team in 23rd in L2 whe there was a real chance of a Wembley final.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, fgrsimon said:

I sometimes wonder if Bristol Rovers isn't real, that it's some kind of TOWIE type soap opera purely for our enjoyment.

I mean when they won at Ipswich they were 3rd, on a roll and with a home game to come against AFC Wimbledon to go 2nd and I rhink City lost that day. Lireraly No-one would have written a sscript where the manager walks out to go to  team  in danger of relegation to the National League, they employ a new manager who's never played, managed or won a game of football in his life and they drop like a stone to 12th and lose at home to the team in 23rd in L2 whe there was a real chance of a Wembley final.

Too far fetched mate, you expect anyone to believe that story?

11 minutes ago, fgrsimon said:

I`ve thought for ages that they could be a long term installation project by the KLF but then think even the diseased imaginations of Bill Drummond and Jimmy Cauty couldn`t have dreamed up what r*vers have actually done.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I`ve thought for ages that they could be a long term installation project by the KLF but then think even the diseased imaginations of Bill Drummond and Jimmy Cauty couldn`t have dreamed up what r*vers have actually done.

When I house shared with @Harry we once sprayed (I think they might have been his) bedsheets with some sort of anti-gas/relegation celebration slogans and hung them off bridges over the M32.

They were all signed 'The KLF'.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Makes me laugh that some of them are defending their new manager, saying that with all the games they've had recently, he hasn't had time to do any coaching....

Now, you might consider that a fair point but....

And this won't feature in #gaslogic...

If he hasn't had time to coach a side that were 4th when he took over, how has he made them so poor without any influence?

OMG.... Its worse than I thought if they expect the manager to drive the team bus as well.

16 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

When I house shared with @Harry we once sprayed (I think they might have been his) bedsheets with some sort of anti-gas/relegation celebration slogans and hung them off bridges over the M32.

They were all signed 'The KLF'.

Just to square the circle and to mix me metaphors...

THE KLF.

That would he The Knowle Lunatic Fringe.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Banjo Island said:

A gas kiddie i know told me weve bi taken over by jordanian billionaires but its evolution not revolution wtf thats meant to mean ive no ideal but it seems to have worked a treat ????

@Banjo Islandgot to say that it's been yonks since I've seen anyone say or post 'ideal' instead of idea.

Great to see that the Bristolian dialect is alive and well. Some say it's simply adding an L to the end of words, but it also could be adding an 'aw' which in the great Bristolllian dialect sounds similar. 

And yes. He is doing a gert lush job there babber. 

Long may it continue. 

Up The City

• Haha 1