IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

8 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Well I was hoping to take a nice lump sum a couple of months ago, recent events put paid to that though :(

Same here, had a pensions statement this morning actually. 10% gone in 2  months! :( Not old enough to take a lump sum yet anyway but near enough to be affected. 

1 minute ago, Miah Dennehy said:

You're lucky it's just 10 %! I had a lot of plans this year, all down the pan now I'm afraid.

That's one of 3 Miah, the second I don't know and the 3rd is final salary so should be ok, I hope. At 53, it's alarming and may mean early retirement plans have to be looked at again even though my plan was to go at 60.

19 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Same here, had a pensions statement this morning actually. 10% gone in 2  months! :( Not old enough to take a lump sum yet anyway but near enough to be affected. 

Mine was over 25% down at one point! Just checked and it's risen to about 9% below it's peak now. Three years to wait so should be enough recovery time....

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Mine was over 25% down at one point! Just checked and it's risen to about 9% below it's peak now. Three years to wait so should be enough recovery time....

Maybe that's why mine was showing a 9% drop Rich, it's recovering. As you say, let's hope they fully recover in time eh! 

15 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I've seen us have two spells in the second tier, so I guess that does make me really old :}

Ten years in the second tier, in your whole life, seven of those before you were eighteen and, twenty six years since the last time, that's genuinely sad.  I have to admit, you've got some staying power. And I complain about our relative lack of success in my lifetime, plus ten on yours. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

Ten years in the second tier, in your whole life, seven of those before you were eighteen and, twenty six years since the last time, that's genuinely sad.  I have to admit, you've got some staying power. And I complain about our relative lack of success in my lifetime, plus ten on yours. 

All relative isn't it, I suspect there are Premier League teams fans who look down on your lack of success and other teams fans who can only dream of third tier football.

3 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

All relative isn't it, I suspect there are Premier League teams fans who look down on your lack of success and other teams fans who can only dream of third tier football.

Agreed, I wasn't looking down on you or your team though, well, not this time. I was actually feeling the pain for you and your like.

23 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I was hoping to buy a new tent.

Have you looked locally? There is a place in Whorefield where they will sell you a tent and give you a football club for free with it.

3 hours ago, Rich said:

Agreed, I wasn't looking down on you or your team though, well, not this time. I was actually feeling the pain for you and your like.

That's the great thing about football though, every success is relative,  our last minute promotion against Dagenham, or your last minute win against Manchester United, would have meant just as much-if not more-  to us than an umpteenth Champions League to a Real Madrid fan.

• Like 11

23 hours ago, 22A said:

Just found this on Youtube under Recommended videos; it's only ten seconds long.

This guy, having to take a week off work. I doubt very much that it was because he was upset, probably more due to the fact that he's a massive Sag nause who has continually revelled in any misfortune we've had for years and years. He clearly knew that the opportunity for anyone else to give him some grief back would have been taken and relentless, and he knew he wouldn't have a leg to stand on. You can just imagine what he's like - every workplace has one...

FTG

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, BS3City said:

This guy, having to take a week off work. I doubt very much that it was because he was upset, probably more due to the fact that he's a massive Sag nause who has continually revelled in any misfortune we've had for years and years. He clearly knew that the opportunity for anyone else to give him some grief back would have been taken and relentless, and he knew he wouldn't have a leg to stand on. You can just imagine what he's like - every workplace has one...

FTG

Bless him...thinking a week later the piss taking will have died down and everyone would’ve forgotten about it ?

You’re absolutely spot on, it gives me a very smug feeling inside thinking about all those Sagheads and what they must have felt after spending most of that season telling US we were definitely going down. ?

All those times they celebrated us losing league matches in divisions above them against teams that would’ve put 10 past the Sags had they been the opposition and not us.

Sag nause indeed, many workplaces have more than one...I never tire of telling them how much I find their relegation to non league hilarious.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Bless him...thinking a week later the piss taking will have died down and everyone would’ve forgotten about it ?

You’re absolutely spot on, it gives me a very smug feeling inside thinking about all those Sagheads and what they must have felt after spending most of that season telling US we were definitely going down. ?

All those times they celebrated us losing league matches in divisions above them against teams that would’ve put 10 past the Sags had they been the opposition and not us.

Sag nause indeed, many workplaces have more than one...I never tire of telling them how much I find their relegation to non league hilarious.

How many of them actually go and see that rubbish (& I don't count slipping Bob the gateman a fiver to get in) Not many I suspect judging by the sell out crowds at Turnip Patch Tent City. It's like the window lickers who phone in to Radio Bristol after the match and give an opinion on a game they've not seen but listened to on the radio. "It was definitely a penalty Geoff from what I heard on the radio, stone wall" Comedy gold.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1