IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

At least one person on their forum has a sense of humour:

“Plenty of positives to take from today's performance.

Positives: 
Good to see Ehmer get on the scoresheet today from the header. We forced their keeper into a save. Great to see us resort to the long ball tactics which served us so well the first half of last season. We are showing that you don't really need a central midfield to hold out for 80 minutes. We are starting to look comfortable - when the ball is out of play. More players got 90 minutes under their belts. We didn't throw away a lead today. Defence is beginning to gel as we only lost 2-0 to Ipswich this time round. Pitch looked fab.

Negatives: Attendance was poor today. Teams may now be aware that our plan A is to get a wide free kick and get the big men up. Ben Garner's baseball cap trend taking hold.“

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, TomF said:

Just hate how we haven't even started the season properly yet and some fans are counting down the games before we can sack the manager. That's something that I would expect from City's fanbase or from one of the top four clubs.

Time and time again they think they’re some sort of special fanbase different to every other.  Absolute whoppers the lot of them. 

Oh, they're special Tom. Don't worry about that.

59 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Might have a little look at slagchat after tea. i`m sure there will be much thoughtful reflection and constructive discussion to be had.

Here's page 19 of today's match thread; https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/200853-bristol-rovers-dustbin-thread/page/2199/#comments

They ain't happy (for some reason).

Edited by 22A
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, TomF said:

Just hate how we haven't even started the season properly yet and some fans are counting down the games before we can sack the manager. That's something that I would expect from City's fanbase or from one of the top four clubs.

Time and time again they think they’re some sort of special fanbase different to every other.  Absolute whoppers the lot of them. 

They’ve been saying that for yonks - I remember when Buckle was manager and a section of their fans were calling  for his head and some were saying “we aren’t Teds, we don’t do that.”

Yeah you do actually. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, TomF said:

Cretins.

They’re just as fickle and impatient as every other set of fans.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Crackers Corner said:

That's some record

P    W    D    L    Win %
20    2    7    11    10.00

I’m sorry, but I have to call you up on this as being unfair;

That’s nearly ten whole games that this manager didn’t lose!

Given enough time I’m sure he can hit that crucial miles stone of a cool two digits of matches they’ve not got done over in... 

Edited by samo II
  • Like 1