IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 minute ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

You could get Pep or Jose in at Rovers and they wouldn’t do anything, they don’t have any strikers end of story!  If Holloway goes in and takes them down, that would be something!

He could become a temporary City legend if he took the job and took them down. 

Whatever happens they must be losing an absolute fortune in these current times, they will be paying 3 managers unless they go down the ultimate cheap route and let the temp take full charge. If the shocking Swindon manage to get anything Saturday then it will be huge pressure on them as other teams around them are playing eachother so some will be getting points.

27 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Hollowank would probably do the job until the end of the season for nothing; such is his love for that shitty little club

31 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Official BRFC Twitter 

and on TALKSPORT . Keith Curle has also left Northampton. So 2 ex City players .

Edited by E.G.Red

1 minute ago, The Horse With No Name said:

But, but all football fans everywhere, love the famous quarterzzz.

They do. Wherever fans gather together, no matter where on the planet that is, to discuss the beautiful game the legendary club from north Bristol are spoken of with reverence and glasses are raised in their honour.

As it should be.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Would be a good appointment for them.

The blokes a myth . It’ll be tub thumping gas this gas that. Apart from Blackpool he’s achieved nothing . Nearly ****** up palace going up after freedman left with them miles clear at the top . Just scraped the play offs.I  hope he does go there , he take them down 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Why? The situations are entirely different. The Gas are praying they can find someone who can keep them in L1. We are not in any danger of relegation. We are just arguing about style. 

Getting rid of Holden now would just be nuts. No new manager is going to get us in the top 2 or could guarantee us the play-offs, which realistically we won't win anyway. Neither are they going to magic up a left back. If we rid ourselves of Holden do we show Simpson and Downing the door too? Would they stay under a new manager. By all means review at the end of the season but to change now would be crass stupidity. 

Hi Dean 

57 minutes ago, !james said:

??????

Who was that mentalist on here who wanted Tisdale to come to us?! 

Scroll back a few years and quite a few members of this forum posted on here saying they expected PT to come to City after learning Management skills at Exeter. Over the years there have been some others who reckon Warnock is the manager City need.

6 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

The blokes a myth . It’ll be tub thumping gas this gas that. Apart from Blackpool he’s achieved nothing . Nearly ****** up palace going up after freedman left with them miles clear at the top . Just scraped the play offs.I  hope he does go there , he take them down 

I really hope that happens. It’ll stop the meatheads from wasting any more reproduction juice over him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TomF said:

Finances must be in absolute tatters. 

Who's next for a payoff? 

Wally is probably playing a very shrewd hand, letting managers get to the end of their probation period and then sacking them to avoid the pay-off.

Unfortunately, for this #gaslogic to work, he has to keep appointing crap managers.

That's the one thing he has overlooked, the crap manager no pay-off strategy will result in relegation, but is #gaslogic at its finest.

1 minute ago, 22A said:

Scroll back a few years and quite a few members of this forum posted on here saying they expected PT to come to City after learning Management skills at Exeter. Over the years there have been some others who reckon Warnock is the manager City need.

I think they expected Tisdale because it was more of a Lansdown appointment, you know the type that has no experience in the second tier. Also Warnocks record speaks for itself so yes surely most City fans would have had warnock over tisdale a few years back.

1 minute ago, RedLionLad said:

I really hope that happens. It’ll stop the meatheads from wasting any more reproduction juice over him.

Short memories that lot . I remember waiting in the pub for a minibus of gas (mostly mates) to come back from Cardiff after Holloway had taken them from clear at the top to dropping out of the playoffs on the last day. It was ******* hilarious. Even if I did have to dodge a few objects  being thrown during the night ???

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Grimsby is the nearest club to where i live so have a fair few codhead friends. Holloway was an absolute travisty for them. Agreed when taking over he would invest 100k in them but never did as he couldnt sell his house. Bought a load of non league players in the summer all of which are gash and they are pretty doomed now. I hope the gas appoint him as hes a fraud.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 22A said:

A few weeks ago quite a few on here said he should replace DH!

1 hour ago, 22A said:

Totally different characters.

Can you imagine Warnock on the touchline wearing A cravat with a Peaky Blinders cap?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, 22A said:

Some people wanted Holloway to manage us unbelievable.

For what it is worth I don’t think it matters who takes them over. They have some really shit players and no strikers that can scy

19 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Anyway ... RIP Graham Day - he always seemed a decent Gas centre half - rest easy fella - way too young, way too soon ... https://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/2021/february/graham-day/

WOW, didn't see that rather sad news - Graham was a top quy (met him loads of times) , last time (a number of years ago now) i chatted to him he was working behind the bar at Longwell Green Community Centre 

• Like 1