IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Has anyone got the foggiest idea? They don't deserve anything and there is most certainly not 'a club like theirs' (still in the 1950's) in the Championship that I can remember. Delusion as usual? I assume they're better and bigger than Rotherham (no), Wycombe (maybe bigger but Wycombe have a much better team and ground) and Coventry (don't be silly) that had the audacity to get promoted in place of the self deserving losers?

It's almost 30 years since we played second tier football and that's way too long for a club like ours. The fans really do deserve better than this.

Edited by Ska Junkie

so which of their recent managers is your favourite?? Tisdale was doing great but i think may have been found out what his mission was. my favourite was the irishman, doing a job and getting paid,then dropping them in it as soon as a better one came along.wardy maybe second,retired at a crucial stage of the season to save his cv

Edited by redsquirrel

38 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Has anyone got the foggiest idea? They don't deserve anything and there is most certainly not 'a club like theirs' (still in the 1950's) in the Championship that I can remember. Delusion as usual? I assume they're better and bigger than Rotherham (no), Wycombe (maybe bigger but Wycombe have a much better team and ground) and Coventry (don't be silly) that had the audacity to get promoted in place of the self deserving losers?

It's almost 30 years since we played second tier football and that's way too long for a club like ours. The fans really do deserve better than this.

A club like theirs? What, a perennial 3rd/4th tier outfit who play in run-down grounds from yesteryear with an average attendance that shouts 3rd/4th tier. 

They're already punching at their weight. 

• Like 1

My wife who has been watching City on and off since the 70's but not very often, saw their ground on TV yesterday, her words were. "is that their ground", "not very good". 

I had a little self satisfied chuckle at that comment, as she'd always been protective of them and their supporters whenever I'd mocked them and their delusionary views. She'd say things like, it's only a game and they're just football fans, the same as you. She knows differently now having seen the tip.

34 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

so which of their recent managers is your favourite?? Tisdale was doing great but i think may have been found out what his mission was. my favourite was the irishman, doing a job and getting paid,then dropping them in it as soon as a better one came along.wardy maybe second,retired at a crucial stage of the season to save his cv

No question - Ben Garner!

Apart from the stunning run of "form", by most accounts he rebuilt their squad with utter dross. Tisdale could not recover from it, and here's hoping that Jailbird Joey does not either.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

A club like theirs? What, a perennial 3rd/4th tier outfit who play in run-down grounds from yesteryear with an average attendance that shouts 3rd/4th tier. 

They're already punching at their weight. 

I'd argue that they're punching well above their weight/level.

The facilities are conference standard at best, and even then that's doing some of the conference sides an injustice. 

The average attendance (we know despite them bleating on about how good it is) is shocking for a club that claims they are "so well supported", and is in fairness inline with a 4th division club (or league 2 in new money).

They measure their success on how bad we are doing.

Hop around from one ground to another, then moan when the council won't give them a new ground for free.

Their biggest recent success is when Dean Windass scored in the playoff final to stop us getting to the Prem. 

I'm only in my mid 30's, but as I'm getting older the number of sags I know of and see around on social media are just getting needier and more pathetic. In comparison I do know a few that I can have a good laugh with, and are realistic (a rare commodity).

They're punching well above their weight, and always have done. We've had relatively little success in comparison to some clubs of a similar size, but they've had even less.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Taz said:

The facilities are conference standard at best, and even then that's doing some of the conference sides an injustice. 

The average attendance (we know despite them bleating on about how good it is) is shocking for a club that claims they are "so well supported", and is in fairness inline with a 4th division club (or league 2 in new money).

Hop around from one ground to another, then moan when the council won't give them a new ground for free.

Their biggest recent success is when Dean Windass scored in the playoff final to stop us getting to the Prem. 

I'm only in my mid 30's, but as I'm getting older the number of sags I know of and see around on social media are just getting needier and more pathetic. In comparison I do know a few that I can have a good laugh with, and are realistic (a rare commodity).

They're punching well above their weight, and always have done. We've had relatively little success in comparison to some clubs of a similar size, but they've had even less.

Fair comments. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Taz said:

While they will inevitably eat themselves with jealousy while trying to compare themselves to us, we just don't bother anymore and just take the mick. I genuinely think, the comparison has held us back a bit and while we all enjoy them losing, it doesn't really matter to us as we know we are eons ahead in every way.

• Like 1

They haven’t got a clue about anything above league 1 if they somehow fluked a promotion to the championship Wally would shit himself at the wage demands. He’s got a few quid compared to the average man in the street but nothing like enough to fund even a year of championship wages with their attendances and income. In some ways I would love them to get promoted just to see how big the gap in monetary terms is

3 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Ugh....whinging maggots

They’ve got the shit, tinpot club their deluded, apathetic  support deserve.

Punching above their weight right now. 

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, cityal said:

No question - Ben Garner!

Apart from the stunning run of "form", by most accounts he rebuilt their squad with utter dross. Tisdale could not recover from it, and here's hoping that Jailbird Joey does not either.

Yes, that was a ludicrous appointment.

He was a back office boy who tried to manage like you play Championship Manager: buy young players who, fingers crossed, will increase in value, set the team formation and style of play and then simply sit back and watch.

Great in theory on the whiteboard. 

Doesn't work in the real world.

I think they will take another couple of seasons to undo the damage he did to their squad with his acquisitions.

The mighty Tisdale's biggest career mistake was accepting that job without properly assessing the squad first:

"Why don't you have any strikers?" would have been a very sensible question to ask at interview and would have saved him from taking on an impossible job.

9 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

Step forward Agent Garner!

The work he undertook on his assignment under the guise of ‘more attractive football’ was simply stunning. 

He took a squad that was in the mix for promotion into a rag bag assemblage of no- hopers in super quick time. Not only that he destroyed team spirit, brought in players that are flipping hopeless and created a squad bereft of strikers and any quality in key areas of the pitch, so laying the foundations of misery for many seasons to come. 

A worthy winner of the ‘Colin Daniel’ Lifetime Achievement Award. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

13 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Both new managers put thank you messages out on Twitter the other day, check the comments / re-tweets / likes.....about 1:3 in Nigel’s favour

I would say that ties-in very nicely with the club’s fanbase ratio 

B6B1C0DB-0D6B-4519-A0BE-5D1E7E61AE37.jpeg

You aren't allowed to talk facts it's all about the gas logic, there are 100m fans locked out of twitter who can't like that tweet from Barton so it's not fair to compare the 2. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Don't be silly, of course they have electricity, you can't watch Babestation without it. :)

And it's the reason why the Fanta goes off, not because it's out of date but because they can't afford to power the fridge at the same time...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RedRaw said:

Both new managers put thank you messages out on Twitter the other day, check the comments / re-tweets / likes.....about 1:3 in Nigel’s favour

I would say that ties-in very nicely with the club’s fanbase ratio 

B6B1C0DB-0D6B-4519-A0BE-5D1E7E61AE37.jpeg

That’s all down to how many fans of each team have Internet........or how many have been disconnected for not paying their provider.