IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Did someone post their final games are all top half teams?

The real Rovers on the other hand  with a lovely soon to be built stadium, the well run family club with a go ahead owner looking to make their own history now rather than the pathetic out of date stale version with no history living off some old rose tinted 1950's cup matches using the same out of date quirky kit will be passing them going the other way. . . 

Oh dear

Never mind

Move on

13 minutes ago, Swede said:

Struggling bristol rovers, I like that. Looks like a routine victory then on their windyass final big day out. I expect they would've taken 40,000 to pay homage to their hero if they were allowed to

Obviously. 1, 2, 3, 40,000.

I've learnt to count in 'gas' during lockdown.

;)

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Haha 3

But they had three shots on target, one more than Hull. And according to Barton, they were down to ten men, obviously only briefly but, that'll probably end up as ten men for the whole 90, plus forty minutes. 

Something had to be said, to get this back to the first page.

When this thread gets bumped back up the ratings, I think that Joey has handed in his notice from a terrible dream of being their manager...and is currently walking the hard shoulder of M5 & M6 back to the north west.....where he goes back to reality.

Well it seems he has God's ear, popped over for a chat in his back yard apparently...

"I spoke to the Lord yesterday in the garden and I was blaming things from Saturday and saying “why can’t this or that be better?” When he spoke to me he said you’ve got to find a solution, you’ve got to find a way out of this."

Sounds like you're on your own though Joey!

and God said low, listen to the wealthy Arab & everything will be fine. 

You may feed the 5,000 on stale crisps and fake fanta.  If you say 'Let there be light' there will be light (if you pay the leccy bill yourself) 

& you will be known as St Joey 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 06/03/2021 at 21:11, Lanterne Rouge said:

Hull City 2-0 Bristol Rovers - BBC Sport

The match report from the BBC. The reporter doesn`t hold back on saying how shite they were!

Mallik Wilks refused to give up the cause and craftily gained possession before crossing centrally towards Whyte.

The reporter doesn't hold back on the adjectives and adverbs either. 

WTF does it mean "to cross centrally"?

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Polly said:

Mallik Wilks refused to give up the cause and craftily gained possession before crossing centrally towards Whyte.

Boot it up the middle of the park, otherwise known as lumping it?

:dunno:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Polly said:

It`s for any s*gs reading the report who will be scratching their heads over the terminology `crossing` and need explanation as to where the ball goes when you `cross` it. They don`t get to see this phenomenon often and find it bewildering.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

It`s for any s*gs reading the report who will be scratching their heads over the terminology `crossing` and need explanation as to where the ball goes when you `cross` it. They don`t get to see this phenomenon often and find it bewildering.

It's not a tactic you can use when they are no strikers in the box to utilise it.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

Big game tonight for them

One of the most important matches of the season against......., (wait for it)......... Accrington Stanley! As has been said, many times, “it takes time”