IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

So they got relegated once in their own shirt.

Now it looks like they will be relegated when NOBODY  attended their games *.

They will claim we were in the away end no doubt, for when IT happens. 

(* great Question of Sport question : "What team (!) got relegated in their own shirt, and relegated when nobody attended ?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

It did in the “Colin Daniel” season..

You don’t have to follow that level too closely to realise they are effing awful, they drew with Wigan when they had to put out a youth side, then under Barton they lost at home to them, drew at home to Wimbledon when they were bottom, lost on Saturday to Plymouth (who had lost their previous 5) & now Swindon have done the double over them.

Barton has lost 7 out of his 10 games in charge, 7 points from 30 is not relegation form, it is 24th place form.

I'd like to put a smiley face to this post but amazingly I've used them all up in the last 30 minutes!

1 minute ago, The Gasbuster said:

So they got relegated once in their own shirt.

Now it looks like they will be relegated when NOBODY  attended their games *.

They will claim we were in the away end no doubt, for when IT happens. 

(* great Question of Sport question : "What team (!) got relegated in their own shirt, and relegated when nobody attended ?"

I was.........slinging bags of dogshit over the tents 

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

It does for the teams that go down

14 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

You don’t have to follow that level too closely to realise they are effing awful, they drew with Wigan when they had to put out a youth side, then under Barton they lost at home to them, drew at home to Wimbledon when they were bottom, lost on Saturday to Plymouth (who had lost their previous 5) & now Swindon have done the double over them.

Barton has lost 7 out of his 10 games in charge, 7 points from 30 is not relegation form, it is 24th place form.

Stop getting my hopes up. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

The kids they are playing are probably on overtime for games, especially away games when they are 'on duty' for a 12 or 24 hour period, otherwise they won't be making minimum wage.

ooh I dunno

National Minimum Wage and National Living Wage rates - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

32 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Weird I never knew rovers first entry to league 2 (old division 3) came in 2000! I started watching in 98 but always assumed they had been bouncing around down there for years before.

I noticed them saying that. League 2 is Division 4 old money. 

prem = Div 1

champ = div 2

lge 1 = div 3

lge 2 = div 4

they’re not even down yet and are airbrushing history. We’ll be hearing more about ‘Tier 5’ again soon, no doubt. 

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Yep, he's doing a good job. Hope he continues his points per game ratio for the last nine games ?

Barton’s words:

it’s a game we expect to win. 
blames refs. 
singles out last weeks ref as fat!

keeps blaming refs  

blames refs some more  

many issues at the club

ive come here for the great reset  

I can’t speak about the clubs problems publicly 

Players need to take a long hard look at themselves

everything we build is built on sand because of everything that happened before we came in  

we can’t train because there are too many games  

He’s essentially just said his squad isn’t good enough, I don’t know how we’re going to get there  

Blaming the ref again  

the refs are just guessing  

I got booked for telling last weeks ref to get in shape! 

how confident are you you’ll be in league one next season? “Less confident than I was before the game!”

I demand winning... I was a winner as a player...

running out of trust in some players  

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Barton hammering the officials on RB. Even told Trevor Kettle on Sat that he wasn't physically fit enough to ref at this level and got a booking!?

Was this on the field still as they were walking Off? Or was it inside because I have a really funny image in my head of the ref brandishing a yellow card inside the office.

1 minute ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Was this on the field still as they were walking Off? Or was it inside because I have a really funny image in my head of the ref brandishing a yellow card inside the office.

Probably whilst he was pinned to the wall!

Binning players off and blaming officials. I wonder if he's starting to think he might of made a mistake coming down here.

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Really sorry to hear that mate - what sort of business are you in? Perhaps someone on here could help you out?

Medical pharmaceutical systems mate. Quite a small industry. Ill do anything to be fair.

I've got a couple of irons in the fire already and you know what is said, ' a change is as good as a rest'.

I'm working the month but will probably take a break afterwards after a very, very tough 12 months with covid.

Thanks though, it's greatly appreciated.

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 11
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 6

40 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Thank you Rovers, I knew I  could rely on you.

I was given my notice today after working through lockdown so needed cheering up.

???

Sorry to hear that seems very unfair to me and I'm sure you will find one quickly. You may already be on there but Linked In is a really good way to put yourself out there. Myself and a few mates were approached on their. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Barton’s words:

it’s a game we expect to win. 
blames refs. 
singles out last weeks ref as fat!

keeps blaming refs  

blames refs some more  

many issues at the club

ive come here for the great reset  

I can’t speak about the clubs problems publicly 

Players need to take a long hard look at themselves

everything we build is built on sand because of everything that happened before we came in  

we can’t train because there are too many games  

He’s essentially just said his squad isn’t good enough, I don’t know how we’re going to get there  

Blaming the ref again  

the refs are just guessing  

I got booked for telling last weeks ref to get in shape! 

how confident are you you’ll be in league one next season? “Less confident than I was before the game!”

I demand winning... I was a winner as a player...

running out of trust in some players  

Doesn’t sound too promising off the pitch either ?

• Like 1