IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

5 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Medical pharmaceutical systems mate. Quite a small industry. Ill do anything to be fair.

I've got a couple of irons in the fire already and you know what is said, ' a change is as good as a rest'.

I'm working the month but will probably take a break afterwards after a very, very tough 12 months with covid.

Thanks though, it's greatly appreciated.

Fair play SJ - but I’ll keep my ear to the ground - best wishes mate 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Medical pharmaceutical systems mate. Quite a small industry. Ill do anything to be fair.

I've got a couple of irons in the fire already and you know what is said, ' a change is as good as a rest'.

I'm working the month but will probably take a break afterwards after a very, very tough 12 months with covid.

Thanks though, it's greatly appreciated.

Sorry to hear @Ska Junkiebut hopefully those irons in the fire will come good for you.

And to you and your colleagues in the pharmaceutical industry - we salute you!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

so the facts are; Gas are docked at 21st position. At 22nd we have Wigan (game in hand, same points). At 23rd we have AFC Wimbledon (1 point behind, 2 games in hand), At bottom we have Rochdale.  (2 points behind. 1 game in hand). Above we have Northampton (20th) same games, 2 points ahead). Gas have a game against Northampton to come. Swindon at 19th (on a run, 3 points ahead, same games. 18th? Burton (safe). The game on 10th April at Northampton looks absolutely key

Just realised Northampton beat Oxford tonight.

Brings back fantastic memories of a sunny Saturday in early May a few years ago...isn’t it? Cobblers beat Oxford, Wycombe beat Torquay, Rovers playing football in the park, foxshit all over the pitch, City fans in the away end, jumpers for goalposts...etc.

St Daniels Day.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Robin 1

8 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Brings back fantastic memories of a sunny Saturday in early May a few years ago...isn’t it? Cobblers beat Oxford, Wycombe beat Torquay, Rovers playing football in the park, foxshit all over the pitch, City fans in the away end, jumpers for goalposts...etc.

St Daniels Day.

Amazing set of circumstances were required. 

Northampton must win. 
Wycombe must win. 
Rovers must lose. 

Nothing else would do. 

Edited by Fordy62
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

St Daniels Day.

....with Rovers not having been in the bottom four until that very afternoon 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Amazing set of circumstances were required. 

Northampton must win. 
Wycombe must win. 
Rovers must lose. 

Nothing else would do. 

It was so unlikely I didn't follow it on the radio, didn't want to hear about the gas staying up. Turned the radio on after full-time, kicked myself for missing it as it happened.

• Haha 1

Just now, Cider_boy said:

It was so unlikely I didn't follow it on the radio, didn't want to hear about the gas staying up. Turned the radio on after full-time, kicked myself for missing it as it happened.

It’s one of those moments for me where you remember exactly where you were!

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Cider_boy said:

I was seeing a Rovers fan at the time (bless her). We got "friendly" that night after me not mentioning the result all day. As I err finished I couldnt resist saying "nothing like sticking it up the Gas".

Edited by Sweeneys Penalties
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, INCRED said:

So they blame the last 3 managers ineptitude as well as the players but they just can’t see that the problem is and always has been Wally!

I can’t see them flukeing their way out of relegation and they are that bad they will struggle in L2 

As one of them said on Gaschat, why would anyone want to go to the Mem post lockdown and watch that crap in a ramshackle stadium and in L2 en route to the National league

Surely they will be in their brand new shiny stadium down the Fruit Market for next season.

2 minutes ago, Cider_boy said:

Same.

Didn't check the scores until 10 minutes before the end.

Longest 10 minutes of my life ?

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Yes! I was in Costa in Avonmeads. I didn’t think the stars would align to send them down, so I only checked my phone towards the end of the game. It was absolutely brilliant. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I was following the City game on FM, where there wasn't uninterrupted commentary, the moment the results started to change and they were heading south, I switched to their game when I think Clarkson hit the post.

My mobile was going bonkers with hope, messages and prayers from friends.

Finished the afternoon off with booze on Gloucester Road. 

The greatest day in sporting history (that doesn't involve a City win).

35 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Oh look, it’s the guy who was on Man City’s forum after we played them...

??? Brilliant. I know there's so much material to choose from but that is definitely a "foot in mouth" moment for that blue to55er.

Once again I bow to you PHH you've demonstrated with cold hard facts what a complete bunch of needy wa nkers they are 

13 minutes ago, Swede said:

??? Brilliant. I know there's so much material to choose from but that is definitely a "foot in mouth" moment for that blue to55er.

Once again I bow to you PHH you've demonstrated with cold hard facts what a complete bunch of needy wa nkers they are 

Speaking of which, haven’t seen ‘Weezord’ on here for a while.

Cant think why?

• Haha 1