IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

If only someone would put all the posts about the gas in one thread and name it in such a way that you could ignore it, whilst those who are interested can carry on unabated.

Even better, imagine if OTIB then had an "ignore topic" function on top of your suggestion...........the Mods need to get a grip of this site!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

(Wael).......Guess the reason why he never held a senior role in the family banking business is now starting to dawn on the fewers. He might have access to cash, but not the ability to earn or generate it.

This is probably the most sensible thing said about Wael on the forum. He’s got some money but absolutely no business brains. Owning the Rovers is just some Walter Mitty fantasy for him 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pongo88 said:

This is probably the most sensible thing said about Wael on the forum. He’s got some money but absolutely no business brains. Owning the Rovers is just some Walter Mitty fantasy for him 

A bloody expensive fantasy too.........if they go down what will season ticket sales be next season? 3-4K? Doesn't cover the wage bill. and who will buy them for the money he would want for them? That said, he might be happy to take a loss and get the hell out of there if it does go wrong for them in the next few weeks.

21 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

A bloody expensive fantasy too.........if they go down what will season ticket sales be next season? 3-4K? Doesn't cover the wage bill. and who will buy them for the money he would want for them? That said, he might be happy to take a loss and get the hell out of there if it does go wrong for them in the next few weeks.

Don't be daft. Gaslogic dictates that they'll sell more season tickets then us but they can't fit them all in the ground and some will be locked out. 

2 minutes ago, Blackbird1 said:

In what?

Rivals are assumed to be a force that challenges you, if that's what you think, so be it.

I'd say they are historical rivals, yes they may not have challenged us for some time but if we ever played them you wouldn't just call it some other game. 

We're both aiming to be the #1 team in Bristol (hardly a debate at the moment) and aiming to be in the Premier league. That's a rivalry. 

Over the seasons our rivals on the pitch have been Cardiff and others but fans feelings about Cardiff won't be as strong as Rovers. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

If only someone would put all the posts about the gas in one thread and name it in such a way that you could ignore it, whilst those who are interested can carry on unabated.

Unabated, unchallenged , thought processes, yep that is what it is, would have hoped we have moved on from the seventies, Trumpton, Hollowhead, Mem,  et. all, God sake move on, we have a fine club, don't waste energy on that lot, seems like we actually are in awe of them.

10 minutes ago, Blackbird1 said:

In what?

Rivals are assumed to be a force that challenges you, if that's what you think, so be it.

That's semantics really.

The biggest demand for tickets in a season would come in a game where we were playing the Rovers.  That would be the most important game of the season for us.

We have competitors within the Championship but there is only one genuine rivalry for City and it isn't with Cardiff, Swindon, or Plymouth.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

I would suggest that if roles were reversed we would get it coming our way a lot worse than we dish out tbh..........far worse.

Run out of ‘likes’ but absolutely spot on.

You only have to look at their performance after we were last relegated into the division ABOVE them to know that.

**** em!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Me too. In 2011 I spoke to William Hill and asked them to give me odds for the Gas to stay up when they were in a similar position.

Managed to get 5/1 (admittedly I think Gas were actually bottom of the table and a point or two further adrift but still in touch of 5th from bottom). 

Best £100 I’ve ever lost ?

Ahh, then this thread isn’t for you.

Off you pop, good lad.

Look, you got some easy likes and Lols from the easily impressed, well done, made your day did it? You are making as if Rovers are our rivals, my God how sad?

14 minutes ago, Blackbird1 said:

In what?

Stoke still consider Port Vale to be rivals.

Newcastle still consider Sunderland to be rivals

Norwich/Ipswich

There are other examples.

So you’re wrong.

Are you new to football?

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, Blackbird1 said:

Look, you got some easy likes and Lols from the easily impressed, well done, made your day did it? You are making as if Rovers are our rivals, my God how sad?

Why not ignore this thread?

26 minutes ago, Blackbird1 said:

Unabated, unchallenged , thought processes, yep that is what it is, would have hoped we have moved on from the seventies, Trumpton, Hollowhead, Mem,  et. all, God sake move on, we have a fine club, don't waste energy on that lot, seems like we actually are in awe of them.

I think the obsession case was put to bed by the Villa fans who attended the Mem.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VW9N0OiSxq8" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

They have always believed that City are delusional and up themselves when in fact it all comes down to their own inferiority complex and envy.

I guess we are in awe of how they continuously embarrass themselves and provide hours, days, months and years of material that we can utilise to take the piss out of them with consummate ease.

They’re always hard done by, try to have cringeworthy love-ins with Man City and Sunderland, celebrate staying up only to get relegated out of the football league the very next week and do you know what the worst thing about Gasheads is?....They can’t wait to dish it out, but as soon as you give it back they can’t take it and throw all their teddies out of the pram.

We know they HATE having the piss taken out of them so much that it causes them to have a meltdown / turn violent and so that is the exact reason why we do it.

If they didn’t constantly bleat on about going one better than ‘da shit’ we could end this thread tomorrow, but no, they only have themselves to blame.

Absolute belters the ******* lot of them!

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Blackbird1 said:

They are a pox on Bristol, along with the Kill the Bill protesters, but our own form is pretty much diabolical too, losing at home 6 on the trot, Brum, Rotherham etc, IF we were in a postion to mock, fair enough, but we are not.

But we are because we get crowds at least twice as big, have a fantastic stadium, a real billionaire owner and are in a league above the gas in more ways than one, enough for you?

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

He's a bit of a pretty boy, he'll end up with an arse like a saucepan! 

Grippers 'special' friend! ;)

Whereas we have been using 'A Tilson' as a metric of calculation, a Barton could soon be a similar point of reference, especially if he get passed around the queens of d-block as some sort of arse-for-rent.

He'll be pimped out for snout.

Eer, Crusher, how much for an afternoon with your boy Barton?

Cost is 3 snout if you send him back in one piece, if you break him and he can't work for a few days, then I'll be needing a phone-card as well.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Blackbird1 said:

There should come a time when some should stop obsessing over them, to keep banging on about them shows they get under your skin. They are not our rivals, they used to be but not anymore, his sort of tribal post code thing seems to prevent us moving forward.

I admit though to find it entertaining in their demise, but the other part of me thinks there a lot of other good Bristol folk who are completely down over this, and I could never laugh in their faces over that. 

well they been my rivals for 39 years and they always will be unless they go out of business. Nothing better than a Bristol derby to get the heart racing and the blood pumping.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackbird1 said:

There should come a time when some should stop obsessing over them, to keep banging on about them shows they get under your skin. They are not our rivals, they used to be but not anymore, his sort of tribal post code thing seems to prevent us moving forward.

I admit though to find it entertaining in their demise, but the other part of me thinks there a lot of other good Bristol folk who are completely down over this, and I could never laugh in their faces over that. 

For the younger generations rovers are nothing and cant possibly get under our skin. They are a laughing stock and every now and then bring up some ridiculous notion that makes them better than us. 

Secondly I dont see how slating your rivals prevents us from moving forward ? 

Thirdly I belive the bristol folk you are referring to laughed in our faces after our demise that nearly led to being out of business. 

Finally why does it matter how much we take the piss out of them? 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Gert Mare said:

Why?

When it comes to embarrassment the amount of gifts from Rovers is ******* endless!

Exactly.

It’s not our fault they’re so ridiculous.

Just when you think they can’t make bigger fools of themselves we now have the possibility (and it’s still only a possibility, LONG way to go) that they could get sent down on the pitch just before their manager gets sent down in Court.

I mean, FFS! ? this is potential GOLD!

Oh, but we lost to Birmingham at home in December so we can’t take the piss?

Naah.

• Like 1