IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

On 28/03/2021 at 14:40, 22A said:

In six months time (October) it's the 40th anniversary off when we came soooo close to losing City.

Rovers tried getting their hands on Ashton Gate on the cheap and their fans have ever since claimed we should have had to form a new club starting at the bottom of the pyramid and work our way back up.

I've just gone back over the league tables for the last forty seasons; in that time Rovers have finished above City on just EIGHT occasions. This fact alone suggests to me, if not proves, they can not consider themselves our equals or betters.

Really? 40 years ago - October 1981? It can’t have been as bad as 39 years ago in February 1982 ...

Edited by BS4 on Tour...

On 28/03/2021 at 10:43, Sleepy1968 said:

Yesterday one of the Sunderland commentary duo said "the main stand looks like a horse racing stand". And in the second half pointed out there was “a woman with a dog who’d sneaked in”.

... that would have been Irene - I believe they let her in there whenever she wants - but who was the woman with her? ??

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, LilRascal said:

Hahaha - the circus keeps rolling on.. “Sportsmail understands legal action is being considered and lawyers have been contacted after Barton accused the pair of negligence and labelled their training sessions a 'farce'.”

CC50EAAF-EE7F-4C57-98F7-A99FA421B64E.jpeg

The circus never stops oved there! 

But honestly I hope they do and he gets what's coming to him (in terms of calling others negligent). He complains about the training sessions on Fridays but his record for rovers is worse then Both his predecessors. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, xerox6060 said:

I don't think he's too bad an appointment, did a decent job at Fleetwood and worth another chance by someone somewhere, looking at their fixtures they may well just slip through the door but won't be his fault, need to let him get on with a project of rebuilding them.

Why wouldn't it be his fault? He would of had 18 games to save them and they were well above the relegation places before he arrived and there are some mightily shite clubs in that division 

1 hour ago, bristolmoose said:

They can't have much of a defence though.

"We propose that the defendant's comments are libellous. His claims are patently untrue. Our respective records at the club speak for themselv.....oh."

I would guess that it's the word 'negligent' that's the problem. Quite a strong word in legal matters....

7 hours ago, LilRascal said:

Hahaha - the circus keeps rolling on.. “Sportsmail understands legal action is being considered and lawyers have been contacted after Barton accused the pair of negligence and labelled their training sessions a 'farce'.”

CC50EAAF-EE7F-4C57-98F7-A99FA421B64E.jpeg

Well he has blamed everything and everyone since he’s arrived. He publicly crucified the previous two managers through the clubs media and that obviously had wallys backing as it helps take the blame of him. Such a little amateur basket case of a club . What is it with suing and Bristol Rovers. The gift

3 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Well he has blamed everything and everyone since he’s arrived. He publicly crucified the previous two managers through the clubs media and that obviously had wallys backing as it helps take the blame of him. Such a little amateur basket case of a club . What is it with suing and Bristol Rovers. The gift

Maybe he's worked out that the club is a basket case and he's being a pain to try getting compromised out. Mutual agreement, personal reasons etc. - plenty of clubs up north where he could work. Easy to do...

• Like 1

He has got some class that Barton, don't think I've ever heard a manager talk about previous managers in that way, hope he does get sued, him and the Gas are made for each other. At least those 2 former managers will be heroes in our eyes for their sterling efforts ???

Defamation of character?

'Whatever has gone before me has been negligent. If they were doctors, they should certainly be struck off for what's gone on here before. I could show you the footage of the training sessions. They're a farce. It wasn't done correctly.

How do I know that? Look at the league table. Look at the fact two managers have been removed from the job.

Two-and-a-half-hour sessions on a Friday — what chance have the lads got? It's like having a 15-round spar the night before you have a 12-round scrap. What chance have you got? You're going to get your head punched in. 

It's because they don't know what it's like to go in the ring, the Colosseum. They've read it in a book and they've done it on a course and they don't know. It's criminal.

Those coaches will probably want to take me to task on that and I'll have absolutely no issue in showing them exactly what they got wrong and where they got it wrong, and they'll be better coaches for it.

If they want to get on the phone and have a conversation with me, no problem at all."

I'm no legal expert but i would be expecting a call from your solicitor (again), not the previous managers.

Surely a few zero's missing?

Post by amgas on 3 hours ago
Suspect Barton could get 10000 Gasheads to go to court and agree with his point of view.

I have some sympathy for Tisdale as he was not given time, but Garner I am afraid had plenty of time to select the players and work with them in pre-season. He and Widdrington are the main culprits for our impending relegation.

5 minutes ago, Super said:

Suspect Barton could get 10000 Gasheads to go to court and agree with his point of view.

I have some sympathy for Tisdale as he was not given time, but Garner I am afraid had plenty of time to select the players and work with them in pre-season. He and Widdrington are the main culprits for our impending relegation.

With 100,000 locked out of the courtroom.....

• Haha 4

This is exactly the narrative Barton is after, isn’t it?

The Post article last week uncritically (of him) implied the same thing.

Fact is he took over a side with 18 games left that weren’t in the bottom 4 at the time & have a top half wage bill in their league.

He is simply getting his excuses in early if they go down, the standard is really poor & if he was a tenth as good as he thinks he is, he would certainly keep them up.

They are rubbish but their rivals are Rochdale, Wigan (who had to play their youth team for a while), Wimbledon, Northampton, I mean, seriously?

??

wmgas

10 hours ago
Bristol Barton’s have made it on to the back page of the mail tomorrow thanks to Joey! Great exposure for the club.

I imagine Wael to be like the idiot who buys a German shepherd puppy for Christmas because of how cute it looks, a few weeks later the dog is taking Wael for a walk.

• Haha 4

26 minutes ago, Super said:

I think you'll find that they're all zeroes...

• Like 1