IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

If Paul Tisdale had come in and said:

Previous Manager would have been struck off if he was a Doctor

Medical Staff all getting bombed out at the end of the season

Players not even trained properly

I have a load of unprofessional, tobacco chewing cluckers in my squad (although I might smoke a nice fat Cuban later and stub it out in an U23 player's eyes)

I have single figures players worth keeping

I can't turn water into wine

It would have been easier on myself if I never took this job

etc etc.

he would have been destroyed by the Tent Polers. Instead, because it's Joey Barton saying it, this is exactly what has been needed apparently. The interesting thing for me is what Wally does if Barton goes down for say 9 months in the Summer, relatively short term but slightly too long ideally to bring in a Temporary Manager (bear in mind no time off for good behaviour on sentences under a year).

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

14 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I have a load of unprofessional, tobacco chewing cluckers in my squad (although I might smoke a nice fat Cuban later and stub it out in an U23 player's eyes)

etc etc.

he would have been destroyed by the Tent Polers. Instead, because it's Joey Barton saying it, this is exactly what has been needed apparently. The interesting thing for me is what Wally does if Barton goes down for say 9 months in the Summer, relatively short term but slightly too long ideally to bring in a Temporary Manager (bear in mind no time off for good behaviour on sentences under a year).

He may as well be temporary.....

They struggle to get one appointment right (including him) so they've got absolutely no hope of appointing someone on a temporary basis.

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

By my maths haven’t we now guaranteed ourselves another 800 odd days above them?

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

I haven't worked it out but less than that I would think. Worst case scenario is we get relegated next season and they get promoted, they have a better opening game than us in the 22/23 season. Whats that, about 500 days?

From and including: Wednesday, 21 April 2021
To, but not including Wednesday, 10 August 2022

Result: 476 days

It is 476 days from the start date to the end date, but not including the end date.

Or 1 year, 3 months, 20 days excluding the end date.

Or 15 months, 20 days excluding the end date.

So that'll be 7953 days, IF we were to get relegated and they went up AND got a better result than us on the opening day.

Edited by Banned User

1 minute ago, Banned User said:

From and including: Wednesday, 21 April 2021
To, but not including Thursday, 10 August 2023

Result: 841 days

It is 841 days from the start date to the end date, but not including the end date.

Or 2 years, 3 months, 20 days excluding the end date.

Or 27 months, 20 days excluding the end date.

Yes but they could (I am sure they won't) be back above us in August next year. Using your maths, that could be 841 -365 = 476?

Just now, Port Said Red said:

Yes but they could (I am sure they won't) be back above us in August next year. Using your maths, that could be 841 -365 = 476?

Ay I edited it 5 minutes ago! I done the same as Fordy

Edited by Banned User
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

etc etc.

Funnily enough, Tisdale got sacked for saying he couldn’t pull a rabbit out of a hat in regards to making their strikers better. 

Barton has gone in with the big I am despite achieving nothing as a manager, and tbh nothing as a player as well. The ego on him is unreal. He’s gonna really struggle to get another job off the back of this. 

• Like 6

What I find odd is that on GasChat not one person is calling out Wael.  As they say, the fish rots from the head, and although he’s chucked some money into pay debts and buy a “training ground” the culture at Rovers from top to bottom is clearly a mess and culture stems from the leaders of your organisation.  Players being unprofessional, managers being unprofessional, terrible stadium, terrible recruitment, they are an utter utter shambles.  What a shame ?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Funnily enough, Tisdale got sacked for saying he couldn’t pull a rabbit out of a hat in regards to making their strikers better. 

Barton has gone in with the big I am despite achieving nothing as a manager, and tbh nothing as a player as well. The ego on him is unreal. He’s gonna really struggle to get another job off the back of this. 

Indeed. Take Barton's mouth and persona away and what are you left with? 

He's living off his celebrity status there, and absolutely nothing else. 

If he was "Joe Bloggs", an up and coming coach, plucked from some outpost, the sags wouldn't tolerate another minute of him. But because he gives them more profile than they've had in decades, he can stay. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Remarkably, he did get one England cap.

1 minute ago, CotswoldRed said:

Indeed. Take Barton's mouth and persona away and what are you left with? 

He's living off his celebrity status there, and absolutely nothing else. 

If he was "Joe Bloggs", an up and coming coach, plucked from some outpost, the sags wouldn't tolerate another minute of him. But because he gives them more profile than they've had in decades, he can stay. 

It's because he mentions their "incredible fanbase" that's all he needs to do in their eyes.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Today is like the Queens actual birthday (and it is today)  Everyone knows they're down, but Saturday is the official day.

Will there be a trooping of the colours (red) and a FIFTEEN gun salute ?:fingerscrossed:

No guns. Just fists. And horses. 

2 hours ago, freezer said:

Barton words about "double figures" players chewing the baccy. What does that mean?

Sorry if I've missed it explained but off to work soon.

Anyone got an inkling as to what "double figures" means in his statement? 

Those that have put on a lot of weight during lock down? 

Those with an IQ higher than 9?

Those can can count to ten on the fingers of one hand? 

Those that can actually count to ten? 

What does it mean? 

FTG

3 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

By my maths haven’t we now guaranteed ourselves another 800 odd days above them?

I know how much you’ve been enjoying the last couple of weeks, Fordy, but you might be getting a bit carried away there!

We could be in the same league in August next year. Our alphabetic superiority might buy us an extra 7 days. But not 800?

On balance though, the chances of that happening must be less than those of us starting 22-23 four divisions apart ??

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, HoldenBall said:

My god, he questions how some of their players even made it professional. Incredible.

Very harsh words aired publically. But ultimately is he wrong with those opinions? 

Basically he is saying that some of the players are lucky to be paid for playing football. I can’t disagree with that personally.