IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

7 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Yeah but it's only one guy, who seems to have some issues as well. The rest of that thread is some reasonable posts discussing their shortcomings and, ironically, pointing out that someone on here will think they are all like that. :whistle:

Don't worry, a couple of wins and the six fingered gifts will start creeping out from under the tarpaulin. Its what they do.

15 minutes ago, Banned User said:

Bookmark this, I saw it and assumed it was ironic, but it's not

https://gaschat.co.uk/thread/16506/2021-2022-gas-promotion-thread

Not sure why we need to bookmark it - Just in case you only checked the last posting date and the (misleading) thread title, the thread you linked was actually started in summer 2020 so was almost entirely about the season just finishing - apart from the final post in the thread.

Yet again, an example of some gasheads being over-confident ("announce promotion", "hellooooo", "the gas are staying up!"", "we got our stadium" etc), though admittedly many on that thread point out their poor record garner had at the tail end of the 2019-2020 season and their lack of recruitment in midfield and up front.

Isn't this just ANOTHER example of the gas showing poor numeracy dating back to 2020? in this case in relation to years of football seasons.

Or has one of the Mods on their North Korean mentality forum just renamed it for the coming season and i have been wooshed? In which case they really do never learn.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Banned User said:
BristolRovers #Everton and #England Insane in the aim game - Amateur investor. In for a penny, out for a pound.
Bristol ( North ) of the flow

North of the flow? So.. East Bristol?

So a joke investor who's probably broke following a joke team that are broke - sounds like a perfect match!

15 minutes ago, old parkender said:

Relegation to the basement is a ‘massive stepping stone to success’  the reverse logic of these special fans is truly outstanding?

Yep.

It should be that promotion to League One is a ‘massive stepping stone to ******* it all up royally, providing endless gifts for the Ted’s to rip the piss out of time and time again.’

Honestly, they are football’s equivalent of the ‘Doozers’ from Fraggle Rock.

Edited by Gert Mare

Just been over to Gaschat for a bit of a browse.

Some of them (although admittedly not all), reckon they only need to build a 12,000 capacity stadium as that's all they could hope to get. A few of them have correctly pointed out you need to build for the future not the present - the lack of ambition from some of them is frightening - a few of them get it, that you need to build a stadium you almost struggle to host games in as the facilities are in such high demand, but for a lot of them....

They have also dragged up the LJ comment about 'Europe in 5 years' comment. Which, as a stand alone statement does sound pretty ridiculous, but if you remeber the context of it, it was made at one of those Radio Bristol sports forums (hosted at Ashton Gate) where Geoff asked the question of where the 3 managers saw their clubs in 5 years time. Lam talked about ongoing progression and developing players, Darryl Clarke said 'competing in the Championship' and LJ said something along the lines of 'Well, if Darryl is going to be fanciful, I'll say Europe'.

Hardly an LJ mission statement.

Almost (but don't quite) feel sorry for some of them, being held back due to a lack of ambition from within their ranks.

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Some of them (although admittedly not all), reckon they only need to build a 12,000 capacity stadium as that's all they could hope to get. A few of them have correctly pointed out you need to build for the future not the present - the lack of ambition from some of them is frightening - a few of them get it, that you need to build a stadium you almost struggle to host games in as the facilities are in such high demand, but for a lot of them....

They have also dragged up the LJ comment about 'Europe in 5 years' comment. Which, as a stand alone statement does sound pretty ridiculous, but if you remeber the context of it, it was made at one of those Radio Bristol sports forums (hosted at Ashton Gate) where Geoff asked the question of where the 3 managers saw their clubs in 5 years time. Lam talked about ongoing progression and developing players, Darryl Clarke said 'competing in the Championship' and LJ said something along the lines of 'Well, if Darryl is going to be fanciful, I'll say Europe'.

Almost (but don't quite) feel sorry for some of them, being held back due to a lack of ambition from within their ranks.

I don’t know exactly what LJ said but I do know that the BBC amongst others ran with it. I thought he said that, as a club, we are capable of achieving that. In reality any Championship club with a billionaire owner can potentially do it if all the holes line up.

My point whenever some Sag brings it up is that LJs boss was/is incredibly ambitious and was already pumping 10s of millions of ££s into the stadium and playing staff. In that position you’d hardly say you’d want to tread water and just avoid relegation for the next 5 years.

Still, it’s not like thick sags to get things wrong is it? ?

They’re still wheeling out that “In 5 years no one will talk about Rovers” Lansdown myth.

13 hours ago, Swede said:

What type of crayon chewing window licker posts such absolute non sense?!? It is their refusal to ever accept the truth which makes them the utter laughing stock they truly are and in doing so rubbing the noses of a Crawley or a Harrogate on any other of the teams in League Two in not showing any respect to these teams.

A couple of wins and the sags are marching into the play offs, or they're bigger than Norwich or that they are a well supported team yet they can't even manage to sell out a 12,000 seater outdated rugby ground.

'One million strong'? They ain't even 10,000 strong!

Utter muppets

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BSRED said:

The bloke announcing the 10 most shocking signings program after motd said "Bristol Rovers fan here I'm making no comment" 

Yeah I heard that. A Sag shocking signing? I suppose he must be referring to the shocking sum they forked out for Andy Tillson, a "break the bank" signing from which they've never fully financially recovered...

• Like 1

On 25/04/2021 at 11:16, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I don’t know exactly what LJ said but I do know that the BBC amongst others ran with it. I thought he said that, as a club, we are capable of achieving that. In reality any Championship club with a billionaire owner can potentially do it if all the holes line up.

My point whenever some Sag brings it up is that LJs boss was/is incredibly ambitious and was already pumping 10s of millions of ££s into the stadium and playing staff. In that position you’d hardly say you’d want to tread water and just avoid relegation for the next 5 years.

Still, it’s not like thick sags to get things wrong is it? ?

They’re still wheeling out that “In 5 years no one will talk about Rovers” Lansdown myth.

In fairness to Wally, he too is pumping in 10s of pounds!  They're coming for us, don't you know?!?

• Haha 1

On 25/04/2021 at 11:05, Bristol Rob said:

Think a 12,000 seater stadium will suit them fine. If they start getting big gates ? then providing it has the land around it to be able to upgrade stands as they go they would be fine.