IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

6 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Think a 12,000 seater stadium will suit them fine. If they start getting big gates ? then providing it has the land around it to be able to upgrade stands as they go they would be fine. 

Any ground roverzzz build will need ample land around it, just to cater for all those locked out.

• Haha 3

Here at Peterborough many people such as myself have moved here, but continue to support their home town team.

Arrived at work today and the boss, a Blackpool fan, pointed at me and declared "Bristol got relegated"! I rapidly informed him "That was the other lot".

• Like 1

7 years ago today they were invading the pitch at Wycombe Wanderers, shouting about someone’s granny going to bed, hugging each other, destroying advertising hoardings and announcing loudly that the world had to believe them that they were staying in the football league.

6 fifths of them would sadly be disappointed the following week as they plunged into oblivion and they ended up blaming Ted’s and punching horses.

• Like 1
  • Haha 16

then you get bits like this

'Clubs like Reading and Brighton along with Hull and Swansea are all historically smaller clubs than us imo.

We should be looking to emulate them all by getting to the Premier League, or at the very least Championship.'

who is he trying to kid,in comparison,they are like a drop of rats piss compared to those and as for the prem, flip me 'arriet,  does he mean the premiere non league league?? or does toolstation have a championship?

• Haha 7

41 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

'Clubs like Reading and Brighton along with Hull and Swansea are all historically smaller clubs than us imo.

We should be looking to emulate them all by getting to the Premier League, or at the very least Championship.'

who is he trying to kid,in comparison,they are like a drop of rats piss compared to those and as for the prem, flip me 'arriet,  does he mean the premiere non league league?? or does toolstation have a championship?

And they wonder why we take the piss  

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

The problem with their fans is they live in some sort of deluded time warp -unfortunately for the sags we aren’t living in the mid 1990’s anymore and LONG gone are the days when Rovers could consider themselves even remotely the same size as Reading Hull or Brighton.

Times have moved on and whilst the rest of the footballing world have been improving their infrastructures the sags have stood still playing in a decrepit old Rugby stadium struggling to average over 7 k a week. League 2 is honestly their natural level.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, redsquirrel said:

It might be recommended that they concentrate their efforts on getting back to L1 1st....

Love to know their rating criteria for those clubs listed being 'historically smaller'.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

The last time the delluded morons had a season average ABOVE 10K was over 40 years ago in 1976!

• The last time Reading had an average BELOW 10K was 2000
  • The last time Swansea had an average BELOW 10K was 2005
  • The last time Brighton had average BELOW 10K was 2011
  • The last time Hull had an average BELOW 10K was 2002

So in most cases its been nearly 20 years of these clubs being bigger - so I'd argue that in every instance they have been left far behind and history means very little.

I'll acknowledge that in those previous 40 seasons there may have been cases that those clubs had lower attendances (especially when brighton were at a low ebb), but it's been a long time since that, and ALL of those clubs have far outperformed the gas attendance wise. How "historical" do they want to get?

The other conclusion of course could be that they are actually bigger, but their fans are just shit and fans of other clubs are far more loyal and actually turn up to watch their team play.

Edited by cityal
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, cityal said:

The last time the delluded morons had a season average ABOVE 10K was over 40 years ago in 1976!

• The last time Reading had an average BELOW 10K was 2000
  • The last time Swansea had an average BELOW 10K was 2005
  • The last time Brighton had average BELOW 10K was 2011
  • The last time Hull had an average BELOW 10K was 2002

So in most cases its been nearly 20 years of these clubs being bigger - so I'd argue that in every instance they have been left far behind and history means very little.

I'll acknowledge that in those previous 40 seasons there may have been cases that those clubs had lower attendances (especially when brighton were at a low ebb), but it's been a long time since that, and ALL of those clubs have far outperformed the gas attendance wise. How "historical" do they want to get?

The other conclusion of course could be that they are actually bigger, but their fans are just shit and fans of other clubs are far more loyal and actually turn up to watch their team play.

Agreed. Plus, if you REALLY want to go THAT far back, why not go just a bit further?

The Royal Engineers, by FAR the greatest team, the world has ever seen...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

These absolute mongs never fail to amaze me ?????

we averaged 26,000 one season in the 50’s in what now is the championship, and over 13,000 in 1973/74 promotion season, if you think small you will remain small, I’m 100% convinced, supply a ground on the level of Ashton Gate, fund the team accordingly and we’d be averaging over 20,000 a season I’m sure.

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, cityal said:

Whenever one of them says that the only reason we get higher crowds is because AG has better facilities, and claim they’d fill the Mem if it wasn’t a shithole, I love pointing out that their fans must be the most fickle, ‘part time’ fans on the Planet. ?

Seriously, what ‘real’ football fan says “Im going to turn my back on my club because they expect me to stand on a terrace”?

Or “I’m not going today because I want a nice comfy seat” ?

Fickle, part time ‘can’t be arsed’, passionless fanbase who deserve L2. 

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Whenever one of them says that the only reason we get higher crowds is because AG has better facilities, and claim they’d fill the Mem if it wasn’t a shithole, I love pointing out that their fans must be the most fickle, ‘part time’ fans on the Planet. ?

Seriously, what ‘real’ football fan says “Im going to turn my back on my club because they expect me to stand on a terrace”?

Call themselves ‘real’ fans.

Bollocks!

One major mistake you've made there my friend, you've forgot to account for #GasLogic.

3 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Call themselves ‘real’ fans.

Bollocks!

I would argue that terracing would increase attendances.....i'd absolutely love to be able to stand on a terrace again instead of sitting in a cramped seat!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

we averaged 26,000 one season in the 50’s in what now is the championship, and over 13,000 in 1973/74 promotion season, if you think small you will remain small, I’m 100% convinced, supply a ground on the level of Ashton Gate, fund the team accordingly and we’d be averaging over 20,000 a season I’m sure.

More bullshit from the gAssholes. Their highest average was 24662 in 1954...67 years ago.

Someone might want to break it to that fewer, that new ground or not, most of those fans are probably brown bread.

http://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/league/brir.htm

Edited by glynriley
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

I don’t even know where to start with this one. He’s taken an average crowd from 70 years ago, an average crowd from 46 years ago, thrown in the usual reference to us and calculated a 20k average!  All without acknowledging they are starting in the basement division again next season with very little chance of championship football for many years. I’m not even sure they have 20 thousand fans in Bristol any more, their support base has dwindled to a few mouthy deluded idiots spouting bollocks on social media and radio phone ins. 
I’ll leave this here

FD9FE454-9931-426A-8871-0DBEFA283F84.png

• Haha 7

When Barton was interviewed by Radio Bristol after the Portsmouth match, Richard Hoskins said words to the effect of “You must be hoping, Joey that next season you’ll be back playing in front of ten thousand gasheads at the Mem ...”.

Even our local broadcaster has seemingly bought into the delusion. Ten thousand gasheads, my arse. 

8 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

When Barton was interviewed by Radio Bristol after the Portsmouth match, Richard Hoskins said words to the effect of “You must be hoping, Joey that next season you’ll be back playing in front of ten thousand gasheads at the Mem ...”.

Even our local broadcaster has seemingly bought into the delusion. Ten thousand gasheads, my arse. 

He also talked about 40,000 Gasheads at Wembley.

Even by their own admission loads of them are piss taking Ted's intent on starting trouble.

The only time they don't see any Ted's is when they go to KFC.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Remember hearing this & drawing 2 conclusions;

Hoskins is either a gashead or he’s completely utterly ******* deluded.

Rovers will be in League Two next season whilst we are in the grip of a pandemic.

There is very little chance that a club who get around 6500 watching them in the third division suddenly getting far, far more than that one division down.

Also, back to that pandemic bit, for safety reasons I’d be amazed in a ramshackle ground where social distancing will be difficult I doubt they will be allowed to operate anywhere near full capacity.

Still, in the spirit of false equivalence Hoskins also trots out the “Blue half of Bristol” myth from time to time, so my first comment stands.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BCFC11 said:

1 hour ago, glynriley said:

More bullshit from the gAssholes. Their highest average was 24662 in 1954...67 years ago.

Someone might want to break it to that fewer, that new ground or not, most of those fans are probably brown bread.

http://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/league/brir.htm

26, or 24,000 they haven't taken into account that at that time, many people went to both grounds to watch whoever was at home. A long, long time before it become the norm to pledge allegiance to one club and one club only.

Also agree that most of those attending would now be dead and buried a long time ago!!

To be fair, the original gas poster was probably trying to work out an average on his hands, but got stuck after adding 1 to 1....

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Remember hearing this & drawing 2 conclusions;

Hoskins is either a gashead or he’s completely utterly ******* deluded.

Rovers will be in League Two next season whilst we are in the grip of a pandemic.

There is very little chance that a club who get around 6500 watching them in the third division suddenly getting far, far more than that one division down.

Also, back to that pandemic bit, for safety reasons I’d be amazed in a ramshackle ground where social distancing will be difficult I doubt they will be allowed to operate anywhere near full capacity.

Still, in the spirit of false equivalence Hoskins also trots out the “Blue half of Bristol” myth from time to time, so my first comment stands.

The Mem not being able to reopen at full capacity is hardly going to be an issue. How many capacity crowds have they had since they've been there?

They are the blue-print for social distancing. 

1 hour ago, Taz said:

26, or 24,000 they haven't taken into account that at that time, many people went to both grounds to watch whoever was at home. A long, long time before it become the norm to pledge allegiance to one club and one club only.

Also agree that most of those attending would now be dead and buried a long time ago!!

To be fair, the original gas poster was probably trying to work out an average on his hands, but got stuck after adding 1 to 1....

couldve included the tail to help out

• Haha 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, Taz said:

I had the misfortune of bumping into one of the more vocal true blues on Sunday evening after many ciders had been consumed, he was absolutely convinced their average support numbers per season were much higher than what they actually are, sadly I was not able to find a list of actual numbers.

But they really do believe they get number regularly over 10k