IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

44 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

1000 - 2000 to away games! I think we need to keep a record of how many (not locked out) there actually are.

My guess would be that they will take 1000 fans to precisely 0 games.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

We’ll take 1-2k to away games……?

Looks like Joey is just as gullible as the snorters, lapping up their bs

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, lenred said:

God, they just lap up any old shit don’t they.  Only place he’s taking them next year is out of the football league. 

I bet it was a riveting conversation.

Mutants ”ere Joey we ******* loves you we do

Jailbird ”I’m going to take this club to the Championship”

Mutants “Europe in foive yers mind”

*sounds of furious snorting and grunting*

Absolute throbbers.

• Haha 6

Was bored because it isn't really pub weather, so took a gander over on Gaschat.

Lots of bickering going on about just how much money Wally might have.

Bless them.

They have little idea how much of the bank Wally owns, how many years he has been a personal share holder, what his dividend payments are (they are working on the basis that it's 100% of profit ÷ percentage held), how much he inherited, how much other business interests generate and how much family wealth there is squirreled away from being involved in banking for decades.

So naturally, some of them fear he is likely to be skint.

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

Was bored because it isn't really pub weather, so took a gander over on Gaschat.

Lots of bickering going on about just how much money Wally might have.

Bless them.

They have little idea how much of the bank Wally owns, how many years he has been a personal share holder, what his dividend payments are (they are working on the basis that it's 100% of profit ÷ percentage held), how much he inherited, how much other business interests generate and how much family wealth there is squirreled away from being involved in banking for decades.

So naturally, some of them fear he is likely to be skint.

Surely not….the 6th richest man in football I understood ?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, italian dave said:

Surely not….the 6th richest man in football I understood ?

I'm guessing they must have a set of annual accounts due soon. 

I predict them having a second meltdown as Wally will have underwritten the losses and kept them out of administration, but the cost of him doing that means a few more years of being in the tented community.

Just been over to slagchat where they`re discussing who they should try to sign in the summer. Talk about delusional, they think they can get players from Everton, Leicester, Liverpool even and seriously think they have a chance of signing some of Exeter`s next crop of wonderkids (Sparkes, Jay etc.). Why do they think this? it`s because they`re a far bigger club than Exeter apparently!

I would put money on them only signing about four players and we`ll have only heard of one of them.

I'm really not sure about Bartons standing within the game but I wouldn't think it is that high.

So would clubs want to loan their younger players to a club where he is manager ?

I would think they are at a disadvantage in that respect.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I'm really not sure about Bartons standing within the game but I wouldn't think it is that high.

So would clubs want to loan their younger players to a club where he is manager ?

They have more chance of being able to loan young players now they have a training ground, but you would guess that clubs at the top of the pyramid look to loan players out with view to them returning improved.

Not sure if League 2 is a proving ground for players with Premier league potential.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

This is a very good point.Would his influence be the sort you wanted around your young players?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

It might be higher than you think. When he was at Fleetwood he got good loans from the likes of Burnley, Stoke & Rangers. Plus to give the Gas their due they have had some good strikers in their time 

8 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I bet it was a riveting conversation.

Mutants ”ere Joey we ******* loves you we do

Jailbird ”I’m going to take this club to the Championship”

Mutants “We wants Europe

At which, Joey takes a few steps and points over the way and says:

"There's a F****ng church down there

*sounds of furious snorting and grunting*

Absolute throbbers.

Actually, it seemed quite an amusing conversation, which I have corrected for you ?.

Edited by PHILINFRANCE
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jim Davey said:

cant believe they have gone a whole day without doing anything stupid .

Expect a dull summer. In the past the highlight has been the transfer of the temporary stands to Wimbledon. Sadly no more, Tennis has gone up market.

1 hour ago, Jim Davey said:

cant believe they have gone a whole day without doing anything stupid .

That's not actually a correct statement. You should state that, " I can't believe that they've gone a whole day without doing anything stupid, that we know of".

They could just as easily ordered a new large screen form an unknown company, without having the fixings for it. They could have ordered new developments at the rugby ground that no other team has spent more on. They could announce that they're going to move to a new stadium within the next two years. They could have announced that they're now the richest club in the lower divisions and on a par with WHU, Norwich City and Burton Albion. We just don't know as their media department are probably just mulling over the press announcements.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Rich said:

That's not actually a correct statement. You should state that, " I can't believe that they've gone a whole day without doing anything stupid, that we know of".

They could just as easily ordered a new large screen form an unknown company, without having the fixings for it. They could have ordered new developments at the rugby ground that no other team has spent more on. They could announce that they're going to move to a new stadium within the next two years. They could have announced that they're now the richest club in the lower divisions and on a par with WHU, Norwich City and Burton Albion. We just don't know as their media department are probably just mulling over the press announcements.

It's surprising they haven't made a statement on Scotland's move for indyref2, maybe they are just waiting for the outcome of the local elections. Have they thrown their weight behind Marvellous Marvin yet?