IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

26 minutes ago, Swede said:

Reasonable question: Just how many seats & I mean "fixed" seats & not the white plastic garden furniture kind are there in the stands at cloud cuckoo land?

I have absolutely no idea.

Would guess 6,000? About half the stadium.

(I'll see if I can find an answer)

32 minutes ago, Swede said:

Reasonable question: Just how many seats & I mean "fixed" seats & not the white plastic garden furniture kind are there in the stands at cloud cuckoo land?

Well, according to this, just shy of 8,000

http://stadiumdb.com/stadiums/eng/bristol_memorial_stadium

However, that probably doesn't take in to account a new tent and row M.

• Haha 1

On 11/05/2021 at 12:18, italian dave said:

Thanks for posting' Fantastic to see the great Terry Cooper again. Our club owes that man so much.

Spot on! The South Stand should be renamed “The Terry Cooper Stand” with immediate effect - and, I’m gutted that Des Williams’ immense contribution and recognition seem to have been erased with the renaming of ‘his’ stand - I know a guy who is married to his granddaughter and the Williams family is very upset that his name has apparently been ‘dropped’ from our history. 

But, if you put that issue to one side, having four stands named Dolman, Atyeo, Lansdown and Cooper would not be too shabby in terms of reflecting people who seriously influenced the standing of our club ...

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Like 6

Spot on! The South Stand should be renamed “The Terry Cooper Stand” with immediate effect - 

Why not The Alan Dicks Stand, or even The Harry Thicket Stand, who are the only two managers to get us promoted to the top flight.  In ADs case, I believe he is our longest serving manager.   Harry Thicket took us to a cup final and to a runners up spot in the top flight.  If you’re naming stands on merit, both men seem to be more deserving of recognition IMHO.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Spot on! The South Stand should be renamed “The Terry Cooper Stand” with immediate effect - and, I’m gutted that Des Williams’ immense contribution and recognition seem to have been erased with the renaming of ‘his’ stand - I know a guy who is married to his granddaughter and the Williams family is very upset that his name has apparently been ‘dropped’ from our history. 

But, if you put that issue to one side, having four stands named Dolman, Atyeo, Lansdown and Cooper would not be too shabby in terms of reflecting people who seriously influenced the standing of our club ...

Yes, this! He did an incredible job as player and manager (along with Clive Middlemass of course) to get BCFC resuscitated and back on the football map. My favourite City manager. We owe Terry Cooper so much. 

• Like 7

5 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

“... have secured their place in the stands ...” - Stands? Stands?? Stands??? Stands???? What bl**dy stands?! They’ve got one poxy stand and a load of marquees! Good grief - they do make me smile! ??????☺️???????

Don't forget the fifteen or so steps they call a terrace.

• Haha 1

On 11/05/2021 at 09:36, Gert Mare said:

Same with this one on Facebook....

E3B56221-7494-4B47-95C9-4F37FE2D9B4B.thumb.jpeg.434712d0e0b95b6d421f3f1c4e9fb175.jpeg

It’s all 82, Dean Windass, inbreds, obsessed, KFC, Europe and the usual pathetic attempt at taking some sort of moral high ground (standard playing of the innocent victim) when those ***** put up banners at the bottom of the M32, wear Windass shirts around Sainsbury’s, invite Windass as a special guest to their Tote End One Tooth Reunions suck up to him and take him up Chasers.

This has really hit a nerve with the fewers and has managed to drag them out from hiding under their stones. Great work ??

This is just ridiculous. This season we scored just 6 more goals than the gas and conceded just 2 goals less. To "celebrate" their relegation is maybe worth a slight chuckle but let's not kid ourselves, this could have quite easily been us going down. 

Yes, they're rubbish. But we're only ever so slightly less rubbish. This is tinpot. 

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

13 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

This is just ridiculous. This season we scored just 6 more goals than the gas and conceded just 2 goals less. To "celebrate" their relegation is maybe worth a slight chuckle but let's not kid ourselves, this could have quite easily been us going down. 

Yes, they're rubbish. But we're only ever so slightly less rubbish. This is tinpot. 

Completely agree Reg.

We stayed up due to the fluke of some other teams actually being worse than us.

I don't imagine any other clubs at our level will be that lucky again.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Totally agree with that.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Malago said:

Spot on! The South Stand should be renamed “The Terry Cooper Stand” with immediate effect - 

Why not The Alan Dicks Stand, or even The Harry Thicket Stand, who are the only two managers to get us promoted to the top flight.  In ADs case, I believe he is our longest serving manager.   Harry Thicket took us to a cup final and to a runners up spot in the top flight.  If you’re naming stands on merit, both men seem to be more deserving of recognition IMHO.

Agree that we need to change the name of the South Stand.  We should  also recognise the great contributions made by Alan Dicks, Harry Thicket and Terry Cooper around the stadium.

44 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Whilst the coffin might have been more appropriate in 2014 the celebration of them getting relegated back to the basement is a given.

You can always bank on them celebrating our demise whenever they get an opportunity to do so.

Let’s hope that next season there is enough excitement going on at our own club to give us all something positive to celebrate instead.

The only thing that is Tinpot is Rovers and their deluded fan base. Long may that continue.

Next up from the Gift....Joey’s court case.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Gert Mare said:

Next up from the Gift....Joey’s court case.

I’d forgotten about that.

It couldn’t happen could it?

Rovers getting relegated and Barton being banged up would almost be like God saying to us “there you go chaps, that’s for having your season ruined by players downing tools in March and the horrific injury list” ?

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, The Wild Bunch said:

Agree that we need to change the name of the South Stand.  We should  also recognise the great contributions made by Alan Dicks, Harry Thicket and Terry Cooper around the stadium.

Well there is only stand up for grabs so you will just have to settle for who took City up with the most points, least defeats and who stayed up the longest. Thicket or Dicks? Terry will have to wait his turn.

16 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I’d forgotten about that.

It couldn’t happen could it?

Rovers getting relegated and Barton being banged up would almost be like God saying to us “there you go chaps, that’s for having your season ruined by players downing tools in March and the horrific injury list” ?

It could make the summer rather interesting!

I should have added to my points about celebrating their relegation.

Let’s not forget as those Villa fans who visited the Sags from a neutral perspective highlighted, the Gasheads constantly check the City score and every other song is about Bristol City.

So yeah, they finished rock bottom of League One, Ha Ha Ha, **** ‘em!

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Gert Mare said:

Let’s not forget as those Villa fans who visited the Sags from a neutral perspective highlighted, the Gasheads constantly check the City score and every other song is about Bristol City.

Do you mean this video?

The one where a neutral fan shows them up for the obsessive weirdos they are, concentrating on us WHEN THEIR OWN TEAM ARE PLAYING IN FRONT OF THEM ?

You mean this video yeah?

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Gert Mare said:

I don’t suppose there’s anyway you can do an edit job on that Villa fans video just to include the bits where they’re talking about how obsessed the gash are?

Would be handy to have a little something to send to Sagheads bitching about us being ‘obsessed’ for laughing at them.

1 minute ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I don’t suppose there’s anyway you can do an edit job on that Villa fans video just to include the bits where they’re talking about how obsessed the gash are?

Would be handy to have a little something to send to Sagheads bitching about us being ‘obsessed’ for laughing at them.

I already did.

Type ‘Neutral View’ into YouTube and you’ll find it!

Was going to post “I’ll just leave this here...” on that Facebook page under these comments...

8898F16D-FC45-4B32-AEE7-D1BDB4D40F83.thumb.jpeg.350bd4517b18ca93438750adadb464d2.jpeg

But in the end I just couldn’t be arsed ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

If Rovers fans would have done this we would all be laughing at them for being tinpot, I mean if the execution of the joke would have been better it would have helped, but it’s embarrassing for all concerned I would say

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gert Mare said:

I already did.

Type ‘Neutral View’ into YouTube and you’ll find it!

Was going to post “I’ll just leave this here...” on that Facebook page under these comments...

8898F16D-FC45-4B32-AEE7-D1BDB4D40F83.thumb.jpeg.350bd4517b18ca93438750adadb464d2.jpeg

But in the end I just couldn’t be arsed ?

Cheers.

On a side note, I don’t know how many people remember that Julian Pirog guy but he was the one who, back when we got relegated to L1, set up an account on here pretending to be a City fan. He then posted on the old publicly viewable Rovers forum what he’d done and left his log in details for all to see just in case anyone wanted to log in and shit stir ?

...and he says we’re weird?

Anyway, genuine City fans on here saw it, logged in and absolutely ruined his account by posting all sorts of nonsense ?

Then he got the hump.

Funny Sagheads.

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

Quite. That's supposed to be grown men in that picture.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Do you mean this video?

The one where a neutral fan shows them up for the obsessive weirdos they are, concentrating on us WHEN THEIR OWN TEAM ARE PLAYING IN FRONT OF THEM ?

You mean this video yeah?

Coming from people who hold Wetherspoons to be a Holy Grail I take their level of intellect with a giant hunk of salt.

15 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Cheers.

On a side note, I don’t know how many people remember that Julian Pirog guy but he was the one who, back when we got relegated to L1, set up an account on here pretending to be a City fan. He then posted on the old publicly viewable Rovers forum what he’d done and left his log in details for all to see just in case anyone wanted to log in and shit stir ?

...and he says we’re weird?

Anyway, genuine City fans on here saw it, logged in and absolutely ruined his account by posting all sorts of nonsense ?

Then he got the hump.

Funny Sagheads.

Nuff said.

Typical of Gasheads to try and take the moral high ground for the benefit of other fans all over the country that apparently love them, but they’re full of disdain for City when they are amongst their own knuckle draggers.

It’s in their DNA.

The first sniff of us in trouble and they will all emerge from their caves in their droves singing the blues. We know it. At the end of the day it’s all banter. We can just swallow the pill better than them and that’s what makes winding them up so much fun. ?

Irene's coffin was originally excavated in the Bathroon Isle of IKEA Eastville during a Time Team dig hoping to discover Rovers missing 'Moral Compass'...

The dig was cancelled when Tony was covered in white paint whilst enjoying a crisp sandwich, by some humourless dullard when everyone else had buggered off... 

2 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

In a far superior division, despite being absolutely dire, we managed 13 more points than they did playing in the division below. I can't even comprehend how bad they must have been this season to register 38 points in League 1.

They are absolutely dreadful whereas we are pretty rubbish. Wouldn't call it tinpot, perhaps slightly cringey but its essentially a group of lads having a few pints and a laugh. I'm sure they had a good day and good for them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Can't disagree with that but I will just put in one caveat of we're losing to teams who have international players, some former Premier league teams. They are losing 6-1 to Accrington Stanley. 

We had a bad season and yes one bad season can see you relegated but given we had a bad season why not chuckle at the other side of bristol who thought they would challenge for promotion/play offs and ended up with relegation. 

• Like 1