IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

5 hours ago, nebristolred said:

No way it's as high as 8,000, not with the amount of terracing that it has.

Adding up their stands seats on various sites, it comes to around 2,800. Football Manager (which is relatively reliable) has it as 2,700. I'd imagine 3,500 seats at an absolute maximum to be honest, less than our entire smallest stand. :laugh:

The figure of 8,000 was probably given them by a gashead and they never knew of the pathological liars reputation.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mattyisared said:

They've released their retained list and agent Little has finally departed it seems. But their top goalscorer, Luke Leahy, a left-back. Who Barton in an interview the other day said was committed to staying at the club and wanted to stick with it and who Barton made captain, has rejected a contract offer and now will leave. You couldn't write it!!

Really? ******* brilliant! The gift ?.

They’ve been banging on about how they ‘might decide to keep him’ like it’s an honour for the bloke to be there! ******* deluded belters.

Luke Leahy is ******* off because Rovers are a ******* Tinpot joke of a club peddling backwards.

In a statement earlier today Leahy said “Well, I’m hardly going to miss plying my trade in a ramshackle shithole full of tents am I? It’s a ******* no brainer. I’m off to salvage my career. Goodnight and Good riddance Irene”

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Mattyisared said:

They've released their retained list and agent Little has finally departed it seems. But their top goalscorer, Luke Leahy, a left-back. Who Barton in an interview the other day said was committed to staying at the club and wanted to stick with it and who Barton made captain, has rejected a contract offer and now will leave. You couldn't write it!!

I believe they are the only club to issue a fans retained list too - every year it seems that huge numbers are released (from their agony) because their attendances simply provoke cackling and hilarity around the country - no-one falls for their deluded guff that they are a big club with a huge and loyal fanbase ...

• Haha 5

53 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I believe they are the only club to issue a fans retained list too - every year it seems that huge numbers are released (from their agony) because their attendances simply provoke cackling and hilarity around the country - no-one falls for their deluded guff that they are a big club with a huge and loyal fanbase ...

Except any new manager they appoint. They think there is a blue ‘half’. The clue is in their shirts....Blue ‘quarter’

• Like 1
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

9 hours ago, 22A said:

On our local radio, Darren Fergusson reckons a big club will come in for JCH this Summer. Just to rub it in to the gas, how about City snapping him up?

Absolutely. 

Should have got him a year ago though. Would have been about £1m... 

12 hours ago, Mattyisared said:

You are right. Poor Simon Southgate tried with his chubby little six fingered hands.

B44DA0F0-6963-4405-BEE9-0EE3FCABC76B.jpeg

• Haha 1

Local Team .... National Embarrassment  (even if it is just the Daily Mail):-

Bristol Rovers REMOVE Joey Barton's astonishing rant about club's previous managers being 'negligent' from their website after being threatened with legal action by ex-boss Paul Tisdale

• Bristol Rovers have been forced to remove Joey Barton's rant from their website
  • Barton hit out at his predecessors in an astonishing rant earlier this year
  • Barton sparked controversy by accusing his previous coaches of ‘negligence’ 
  • Rovers took swift action after being contacted by ex-boss Paul Tisdale's lawyers 

Bristol Rovers REMOVE Joey Barton's rant about club's previous managers from their website | Daily Mail Online

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Local Team .... National Embarrassment  (even if it is just the Daily Mail):-

Bristol Rovers REMOVE Joey Barton's astonishing rant about club's previous managers being 'negligent' from their website after being threatened with legal action by ex-boss Paul Tisdale

• Bristol Rovers have been forced to remove Joey Barton's rant from their website
  • Barton hit out at his predecessors in an astonishing rant earlier this year
  • Barton sparked controversy by accusing his previous coaches of ‘negligence’ 
  • Rovers took swift action after being contacted by ex-boss Paul Tisdale's lawyers 

Bristol Rovers REMOVE Joey Barton's rant about club's previous managers from their website | Daily Mail Online

Controversy and trouble seems to follow that bloke.

Risky appointment in many ways - which is nice.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TomF said:

Alright then. 

You'd think he'd have heard of Liam Walsh. After all, he tore them a new one and scored against them up the swamp last season.

Obviously another gAsshole who doesn't visit the tented village.

2 minutes ago, TomF said:

Alright then. 

I’m sure he remembers Liam Walsh tearing his shit little club a new one..

....although, being a Gashead he probably doesn’t go to games.

Im sure he also remembers Adelakun rejecting them last Summer, preferring instead to go and live in Hull.

Let’s be honest, he knows all of them.

Bullshitting little Sag numpty ?

2 minutes ago, glynriley said:

You'd think he'd have heard of Liam Walsh. After all, he tore them a new one and scored against them up the swamp last season.

Obviously another gAsshole who doesn't visit the tented village.

Haha, I was literally in the process of writing out exactly the same thing. ?

Not attending games...it’s what they do

59 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

I see Billy Bodin has been released by Preston after starting just 5 games this season, I'm surprised the blue few haven't gone into overdrive about getting him back.....

A lot of them moan about the fact they need a new stadium and are living behind the times, but these are usually the same people who every year want to get former players back. 

I'd wager Bodin, Harrison, Cureton and Lines have all been suggested as possible signings.

And I'll also wager than at least one of them expected a player to over to an expensive part of the country (Bristol) and engage in some sort of pay as you play contract meaning they might never get paid.

5 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

A lot of them moan about the fact they need a new stadium and are living behind the times, but these are usually the same people who every year want to get former players back. 

I'd wager Bodin, Harrison, Cureton and Lines have all been suggested as possible signings.

And I'll also wager than at least one of them expected a player to over to an expensive part of the country (Bristol) and engage in some sort of pay as you play contract meaning they might never get paid.

tbf our fans are also excellent at pining over former players.