IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

I’ve just been reading through the “Barton legal hearing” thread on cat shag. 

Jesus wept they genuinely couldn’t be a bigger bunch of morons if they tried. 

18 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

ABH. 

(2nd from bottom in the 6 step ladder of assaults - but you genuinely have to do some proper damage to be charged with it!)

One of their posters, who claims to have some knowledge of sentencing iro ABH cases, states that it is a 'category 3' ABH offence, the lowest of three categories, so a custodial sentence is most unlikely.

I have no idea in which Police department you are based, but do you have any knowledge on the subject of sentencing? 

4 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

They thought they were a big club in L1! They speak of the Championship being their natural home, despite the fact they haven't played at this level for yonkers.

What they are is a declining club. Sort of a Notts County.

Last time the Gas could even be considered medium-sized, Russ Conway was in the charts.

I feel you’re being unkind to Notts County. They have fallen on hard times but they are only one decision below Rovers and should they get promoted via the playoff they will be in the same division. The advantage County has over Rovers is the the approx 19k all seated stadium with the income generating conference facilities. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

8 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I feel you’re being unkind to Notts County. They have fallen on hard times but they are only one decision below Rovers and should they get promoted via the playoff they will be in the same division. The advantage County has over Rovers is the the approx 19k all seated stadium with the income generating conference facilities. 

And a loyal fan base that doesn`t **** off at the first sign of adversity.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

One of their posters, who claims to have some knowledge of sentencing iro ABH cases, states that it is a 'category 3' ABH offence, the lowest of three categories, so a custodial sentence is most unlikely.

I have no idea in which Police department you are based, but do you have any knowledge on the subject of sentencing? 

I work in homicide, so our jobs mostly really end in life sentences, but everything you need to know is here:

https://www.sentencingcouncil.org.uk/offences/magistrates-court/item/assault-occasioning-actual-bodily-harm-racially-religiously-aggravated-abh/

He might be right, it might be in the lesser category, but I have absolutely no idea of the circumstances of the case. Sadly I know just how much you’ve got to do to get a term of imprisonment, so I’d think it’d be unlikely he’ll end up with custodial. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I work in homicide, so our jobs mostly really end in life sentences, but everything you need to know is here:

https://www.sentencingcouncil.org.uk/offences/magistrates-court/item/assault-occasioning-actual-bodily-harm-racially-religiously-aggravated-abh/

He might be right, it might be in the lesser category, but I have absolutely no idea of the circumstances of the case. Sadly I know just how much you’ve got to do to get a term of imprisonment, so I’d think it’d be unlikely he’ll end up with custodial. 

Thanks for that - it would appear our Rovers friend may be right, i.e. a Category 3 offence, albeit aggravated by previous convictions for same, but given what appears to be a marked reluctance by the Courts to impose custodial sentences, I suspect you will be proved correct.

Incidentally, a 97% success rate in your department is pretty impressive ?.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

cant you put in a good word for us???:rofl2br:

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, TomF said:

We need a competition to see who can stay undercover for the longest on there 

Just joined up, but reticent to start my first topic discussing how they took more to Wembley than Leicester and Chelsea combined, as it might be too strong and blow my cover straight away.

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, TomF said:

We need a competition to see who can stay undercover for the longest on there 

Yep, fair play - I was totally upfront when I went on their forum and made it clear who I supported. I was genuinely interested in getting involved in their views on Bristol football and the two clubs etc - my grandad was a staunch gashead and he drove one of their supporters’ coaches up to Newcastle for their high profile FA Cup fifth round tie back in the 1950s - the road network was nothing like it is now and the journey took two days to get to Newcastle ... I had the temerity to praise their fans who undertook such a hard and arduous journey to support their team ... and got banned ... priceless - better red than green with envy ... ???

53 minutes ago, GreedyHarry said:

Just joined up, but reticent to start my first topic discussing how they took more to Wembley than Leicester and Chelsea combined, as it might be too strong and blow my cover straight away.

They are very suspicious of new boys but there really are so many gifts…it needs to be a slow burn?

50 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

An opinion I am sure he held firm to when he and his deluded friends thought they had been bought by a billionaire. ;)

Their hypocrisy knows no bounds. Remember how they were banging on about us being owned by an offshore company? Didn't get any quieter when it was pointed out that they are. They've touted themselves around to any ground willing to house them, bit like a franchise , doesn't stop them. It's no helped by the Post reading their forum and taking it as Gospel. Billionaire ? £15k watch ? They were as excitable as any bedwetter from gAsschat .

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Their hypocrisy knows no bounds. Remember how they were banging on about us being owned by an offshore company? Didn't get any quieter when it was pointed out that they are. They've touted themselves around to any ground willing to house them, bit like a franchise , doesn't stop them. It's no helped by the Post reading their forum and taking it as Gospel. Billionaire ? £15k watch ? They were as excitable as any bedwetter from gAsschat .

Annoyingly fans from other clubs dont realise this .

20 minutes ago, TomF said:

The EP going full rovers love in with an Eastville through the years selection today..

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/history/gallery/16-images-show-eastville-over-5409621 

aaaaaaaaaand straight to the replies, standard 1982 reply

1982.PNG

My favourites are no 5 - a fire, not the fire, just a regular occurrence. And no 14 as I have a demolition fetish.

34 minutes ago, TomF said:

The EP going full rovers love in with an Eastville through the years selection today..

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/history/gallery/16-images-show-eastville-over-5409621 

1982.PNG

Image 10 - is that the IKEA sarcophagus over Eastville like the one in Chernobyl?  As the pitch and surrounding area is contaminated with G*s and can't be allowed to infiltrate the immediate vicinity....

Image 5 is unfortunate ? ? ? :fear:

• Like 1

One of their released players has already joined a bigger club I see:

Luke Leahy: Shrewsbury Town sign Bristol Rovers defender

Last updated on19 minutes ago19 minutes ago.From the sectionShrewsbury

Luke Leahy in action for Bristol Rovers Luke Leahy scored 10 goals in 44 appearances for Bristol Rovers in the 2020-21 season

League One side Shrewsbury Town have signed Bristol Rovers left-back Luke Leahy on a two-year contract.

The 28-year-old, who can also play at wing-back, will join for next season following Rovers' relegation from the third tier of English football.

Manager Steve Cotterill told the club website: "He has an eye for a goal and his assists are incredible. He scored 10 goals last season from left-back.

"He's a great lad and very fit. He is a player I've had my eye on for a while."

Just now, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Luke Leahy in action for Bristol Rovers Luke Leahy scored 10 goals in 44 appearances for Bristol Rovers in the 2020-21 season

League One side Shrewsbury Town have signed Bristol Rovers left-back Luke Leahy on a two-year contract.

The 28-year-old, who can also play at wing-back, will join for next season following Rovers' relegation from the third tier of English football.

Manager Steve Cotterill told the club website: "He has an eye for a goal and his assists are incredible. He scored 10 goals last season from left-back.

And has joined a proper manager.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Be nice for him to play for a professional club. 

I expect the saggies are all saying he was shit anyway.

30 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

shit? He was their top scorer last season

Gas logic, signed for a team higher up the ladder that is managed by our last successful manager.

Shrewsbury will always be a smaller team compared to them is what they're probably saying...

4 hours ago, TomF said:

1982.PNG

But weird replying to something that they state doesn’t exist.

Bit like chatting with those voices in their head as they shuffle down the street.

3 hours ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

This can’t be right. Joey said he was staying as Captain. Joey also said he is taking the Few to the Prem. Joey also said he didn’t get relegated......

Joey sounds like a bullshitter........

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Haha 2