IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Luke Leahy gave it his all.Not an accomplished defender but he and Mc Cormick really gave everything unlike most of the others.
Best of luck.Good little club with excellent training facilities and a stadium which suits their small crowds to perfection and has great catering and disabled facilities.
Shrews only club in the whole West Mercia area of;Shrops,Worcs and Herefordshire so potential is there.

Deliberate use of the words 'little' and 'small', to satisfy themselves that they are bigger than they actually are......

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

5 hours ago, TomF said:

The EP going full rovers love in with an Eastville through the years selection today..

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/history/gallery/16-images-show-eastville-over-5409621 

aaaaaaaaaand straight to the replies, standard 1982 reply

1982.PNG

You can always rely on a positive spin about Rovers from their media department.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Luke Leahy gave it his all.Not an accomplished defender but he and Mc Cormick really gave everything unlike most of the others.
Best of luck.Good little club with excellent training facilities and a stadium which suits their small crowds to perfection and has great catering and disabled facilities.
Shrews only club in the whole West Mercia area of;Shrops,Worcs and Herefordshire so potential is there.

Deliberate use of the words 'little' and 'small', to satisfy themselves that they are bigger than they actually are......

Posted by a guy with one of their funny little tents as his avatar...

**** me! ?

54 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Shrewsbury get between 5,500 and 8,000 in a newish 10000 all seater stadium.

Similar crowds, much better stadium. In a higher division.

Bigger that the gas then. :)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

Shrewsbury get between 5,500 and 8,000 in a newish 10000 all seater stadium.

Similar crowds, much better stadium. In a higher division.

Bigger that the gas then. :)

They have a population in Shrewsbury of 72,000, which is probably higher than Rovers share of Bristol, with it's population of 466,000. That's sharing out the rest between City, Bristol Rugby, The flyers, City women and the supporters of the plough and windmill skittle team.

• Haha 5

14 minutes ago, Rich said:

They have a population in Shrewsbury of 72,000, which is probably higher than Rovers share of Bristol, with it's population of 466,000. That's sharing out the rest between City, Bristol Rugby, The flyers, City women and the supporters of the plough and windmill skittle team.

One day it will dawn on them that their support really isn't that big.

Just now, Bristol Rob said:

One day it will dawn on them that their support really isn't that big.

Hopefully when it's too late.

They are down to bare bones now and it makes interesting viewing and much speculation, to see how far Wael will go with actually putting his own money in to prop up the club, before having to sell the rugby ground. In recent times, the assets have been used as security, how long will that be the case? They've been lucky so far in receiving funds for players that has topped them up.

28 minutes ago, Rich said:

More Bristolians outside the city boundaries than inside nowadays Rich. Given that's nigh on 1M people now, the gas must have at least 5 or 600? ;)

BTW, I nipped in the barbers on Banjo Island, the gas 'heartland', today. A dad with 2 young uns already in there, all wearing our red.

We're taking over everywhere, I tell you.

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

More Bristolians outside the city boundaries than inside nowadays Rich. Given that's nigh on 1M people now, the gas must have at least 5 or 600? ;)

BTW, I nipped in the barbers on Banjo Island, the gas 'heartland', today. A dad with 2 young uns already in there, all wearing our red.

Banjo Island...

Pretty such I rented every* video from that videoshop that was there back in the 80s.

The name of the shop escapes me. 

*Not the smut, obviously.

48 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

anyone no why its called banjo island .

6 minutes ago, Jim Davey said:

Duelling banjos ?

That would be good, but its because of the shape of the green bit covered in dog shit in front of the Lamb and the roads off it.

23 minutes ago, Jim Davey said:

Shape of the roads and the crappy bit in front of the Lamb I think. Supposed to look like a Banjo. No idea where the 'Island' bit comes from.

I just know where the shops are as it's not far from me in Barrs.

Edited by Ska Junkie

On 16/05/2021 at 20:44, PHILINFRANCE said:

Thanks for that - it would appear our Rovers friend may be right, i.e. a Category 3 offence, albeit aggravated by previous convictions for same, but given what appears to be a marked reluctance by the Courts to impose custodial sentences, I suspect you will be proved correct.

Incidentally, a 97% success rate in your department is pretty impressive ?.

I'm one of those who really enjoys the true crime stuff on TV. It's particularly gratifying how many cold cases are being re-opened and solved thanks to the advances in technology. Compelling stuff. Must be fascinating, rewarding  and I guess often heart breaking to be working such cases. 

5 hours ago, BanburyRed said:

They missed 'minute ?

5 hours ago, BanburyRed said:

He's just a bit angry because "Da Shroos" have 4 stands and no tents. 

They probably averaged the same or more then Rovers did its honestly amazing how delusional some fans are I mean they must be bigger then Barcelona or Man City I mean everyone loves them. 

They chastise us for saying we have a divine right to the play offs (which we don't) we just had season on season growth where we were pushing for the play offs.

3 hours ago, Jim Davey said:

don't laugh that's their bestist stand thats been  built  by them   in the last 70 years .

Surely not, they boldly pronounced to the world that only Tottenham Hotspur had made more improvements to their stadium over the last couple of years than da gas ....?! ??

Edited by BS4 on Tour...

17 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Surely not, they boldly pronounced to the world that only Tottenham Hotspur had made more improvements to their stadium over the last couple of years than da gas ....?! ??

I remember that :laughcont:

Just the Spurs state of the art stadium had more development than the pitch sprinklers, family tent stand, new canopy over the door to some grubby little bar, and the big screen supplied by Steve Lansdowns company.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

I heard there are millions of rovers fans locked out of the city boundary

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

You took the ‘Turk End’ then! ?

• Haha 1