IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

I like the story of when Stephen Hawking threw a party complete with pyramids of champagne for time travelers, and didn't release any invites until after the party.
When no one turned up he concluded that it means time travel (to the past) would never be achieved. Or in his words "what a shame".

The trouble with time travel is that it’s all relative.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gert Mare said:

As I was leaving I saw a Neanderthal with a ‘FTG’ number plate drive past

In Northern Ireland FTP is used as an insult meaning #### the Pope. Does FTG mean the same thing regarding the gas?

37 minutes ago, 22A said:

In Northern Ireland FTP is used as an insult meaning #### the Pope. Does FTG mean the same thing regarding the gas?

Could be? As Jaily said to the lap it up knuckle draggers the other week, “There’s a ******* church down there!”

12 hours ago, Malago said:

The trouble with time travel is that it’s all relative.

SpaceTime is unidirectional.

The Gas are ever compelled forward to oblivion, such there will be no space left for them in the Universe, let alone Bristol.

Of course all Gasheads are proponents of the Multiverse theory. In every Universe, bar this one, they're the 'biggest & best'© football club in existence, billions locked outside each week, winning everything in sight.

• Like 1

I appreciate that standards at The Evil are at an all-time low, but I've just seen an alert that there's a very heavy police presence overseeing the eviction of a bunch of squatting travellers at Eastville.

Reportage 35 years behind the times, by my reckoning.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 25/05/2015 at 11:08, View from the Dolman said:

CF1-TfwXIAAtZmD.jpg

:laugh:

Anyone would think this was an open top bus tour to celebrate something.

But clearly not, as there are no fans to be seen anywhere.

Either they have no fans whatsoever, or the few fans they have don't care or are too embarrased to celebrate such a crap achievement.

I can imagine Wael boasting

"Put your money away lads, I'll get this..........

twenty two cheap-day returns to Horfield please.

Oh yes, and the out-of-date crisps are also my treat !"

• Haha 2

I see the unwashed are trying to convince themselves that the Gate, at 27,000 is too big for us as we only averaged 12,500 when we were promoted from League 1.

What you're forgetting, cesspit dwellers is that 12,500 was the CAPACITY as we were rebuilding (look 'rebuilding' up eh) and we COULDN'T GET ANY MORE IN!

Then again, 12,500 in gash speak is probably more than 27,000 anyway.

Thick barstards!

• Like 1
  • Flames 2

4 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I see the unwashed are trying to convince themselves that the Gate, at 27,000 is too big for us as we only averaged 12,500 when we were promoted from League 1.

What you're forgetting, cesspit dwellers is that 12,500 was the CAPACITY as we were rebuilding (look 'rebuilding' up eh) and we COULDN'T GET ANY MORE IN!

Thick barstards!

So embarrassing isn't it. They obviously forgot we averaged slightly less than 12,000 the season before and spending most of it at the bottom. But whatever helps them feel good about themselves.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Thick barstards!

Haha, idiots.

You imagine they are probably well aware that we had a reduced capacity but only write these things to make themselves feel better.

The following season Ashton Gate was, on average, the most ‘full’ stadium in the Football League. Yes our capacity was reduced to around 15k but we still filled the ground despite being in the bottom 3 for the first 6 months of the season and only guaranteed survival with 2 games to go.

Thats called support and loyalty Sagheads, you should try it sometime.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Haha, idiots.

You imagine they are probably well aware that we had a reduced capacity but only write these things to make themselves feel better.

The following season Ashton Gate was, on average, the most ‘full’ stadium in the Football League. Yes our capacity was reduced to around 15k but we still filled the ground despite being in the bottom 3 for the first 6 months of the season and only guaranteed survival with 2 games to go.

Thats called support and loyalty Sagheads, you should try it sometime.

Amazing isn’t it . We had a massive renovation going on and filled the ground every game. But they twist to make themselves feel better. 
Then they sell 2.5k season tickets and start slapping each other on the back . Such a ****** fan base 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Banned User said:

Rovers have some incomings apparently 

Charlie Mulgrew

Connor McAleny 

2 more possibly sorted

Both with Fleetwood connections and both free agents so it would seem very likely.

McAleny is an interesting one. He's had more loans than you can shake a stick at. Did very little at Fleetwood and after his first season spent the majority of the next two on loan, then signs a one year deal with Oldham where he goes on the best league scoring run of his career with 17 goals in a season. It's a wonder Oldham aren't trying to retain him. 

Mind you, he seems like another Nichols type of player, a one season wonder. The Sags will sign him and wonder where the goals went.

Certainly looks like Mr Tilson gets to keep his crown for another year.

???

On 20/05/2021 at 16:37, Bazooka Joe said:

Anyone would think this was an open top bus tour to celebrate something.

There's majesty in that photo.

Every passenger appears to be wholly embarrassed &, upon pain of eternal ridicule, desperate to hide their identities (not I'd know any of them from Adam.) Heads bowed, faces tucked into elbows, masked in dark sunglasses, or last gasp using the 'I'm on my phone' trick. You can hear them thinking ' Please, please, please don't let anybody I know see me.'

For a club who proclaim themselves  "Prowed"© it's odd that none of its members appear to hold an ounce of pride when wearing their clown outfits.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, richyy66 said:

Selling 2.5k season tickets is nothing to get excited about really. What happens when the other 2.5k numpties  who may have bought one decide not to attend next season. Will make their crowds look even more pathetic than they are. Great support my arse.

Yes but what you're forgetting is that 2.5k equates to 6k because they can just pass the season ticket through the barrier and pay the guard a fiver to look the other way. 

On 19/05/2021 at 19:22, Gert Mare said:

I took the Tote End with the missus earlier today. As I was leaving I saw a Neanderthal with a ‘FTG’ number plate drive past the IKEA end.

I had a little chuckle to myself.

Needs to change that ‘U’ to a ‘D’ though.

I visited this morning Gert. The only retail outlet anywhere on the planet where I walk around with a permanent grin. Got a couple of sour looks from the locals when they saw my City pin badge. Needless to say I smiled knowlingly back. All good sport.