IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

11 minutes ago, fgrsimon said:

Astonishing Lansdown meltdown / Playing the victims from user 'gulfofaden' on GasChat

Akin to terrorism mind!

Lansdown hasn’t just been a benefactor to city, which he is entitled to do, but he’s also been antagonistic to Rovers on any occasion he can to win favour with his fan base including the Matt Taylor saga which given the fact we got the exact release fee (which was supposed to be confidential) is akin to terrorism in football terms.

He’s also putting posters on the Glocs road, getting his sponsors to ridicule us through postal campaigns and trying very hard to get a club who for much of his life was a giant firm of bedminster hooligans who regularly smashed up our ground and attacked and threatened our players pegged as some “family club”. They have some normal fans of course but also a giant contingent on cocaine and cider addled specimens which dwarf, and have always dwarfed, ours, even pro rata.

You think he couldn’t see all that victimisation and violence in the 80s and 90s? Was he blind? Of course he wasn’t my. That’s fine, he can still bankroll the club but to do so, and still pander to those guys and continually harrass and target us knowing full well the asymmetric history between us, is beneath contempt.

It wasn’t 6 of one, half a dozen of the other. It was grown men targeting families and players in their own homes.

If he had adopted the attitude of “City is my club,
Good luck to Rovers but I hope we are always above them” then I would have all the time in the world for him.

He didn’t, he, like a playground bully, has been sadistic and provocative in swinging his weight around, to a club he knows can’t really fight back.

And the reason for this? The heinous crime which caused this ire?

We used to beat them a lot, before. When we were in dire straights and on paper we shouldn’t have.

That’s it. That’s what all this is about.

https://gaschat.co.uk/thread/18097/bristol-owner-steve-lansdown-writes?page=2

Signing Matty Taylor = "akin to terrorism"

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

14 minutes ago, fgrsimon said:

Astonishing Lansdown meltdown / Playing the victims from user 'gulfofaden' on GasChat

Akin to terrorism mind!

Lansdown hasn’t just been a benefactor to city, which he is entitled to do, but he’s also been antagonistic to Rovers on any occasion he can to win favour with his fan base including the Matt Taylor saga which given the fact we got the exact release fee (which was supposed to be confidential) is akin to terrorism in football terms.

He’s also putting posters on the Glocs road, getting his sponsors to ridicule us through postal campaigns and trying very hard to get a club who for much of his life was a giant firm of bedminster hooligans who regularly smashed up our ground and attacked and threatened our players pegged as some “family club”. They have some normal fans of course but also a giant contingent on cocaine and cider addled specimens which dwarf, and have always dwarfed, ours, even pro rata.

You think he couldn’t see all that victimisation and violence in the 80s and 90s? Was he blind? Of course he wasn’t my. That’s fine, he can still bankroll the club but to do so, and still pander to those guys and continually harrass and target us knowing full well the asymmetric history between us, is beneath contempt.

It wasn’t 6 of one, half a dozen of the other. It was grown men targeting families and players in their own homes.

Good luck to Rovers but I hope we are always above them” then I would have all the time in the world for him.

He didn’t, he, like a playground bully, has been sadistic and provocative in swinging his weight around, to a club he knows can’t really fight back.

We used to beat them a lot, before. When we were in dire straights and on paper we shouldn’t have.

Every bit of that is fiction, absolutely no truth or proof of any of it. Just a total fabricated rant by a supporter of a team that couldn't win a raffle.

• Haha 1
  • Flames 1

17 minutes ago, fgrsimon said:

Akin to terrorism mind!

We have some "normal" fans? 

15 minutes ago, fgrsimon said:

Akin to terrorism mind!

Is that the top secret Matty Taylor ‘release fee’ that those ******* idiots were talking openly about on their forum for months before we signed him?

The top secret Matty Taylor release fee that was posted in 2 national newspapers?

The rest of that post is just typical Sag whinging.

He/she is right about their inability to fight back though....spineless from top to bottom.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

43 minutes ago, fgrsimon said:

Akin to terrorism mind!

That statement sums up their whole supporter base in one. Deluded, irrational, ignorant, gullible, pathological lying victims. They'll read that and believe every word of a made up series of possible scenarios.

• Like 1

The irony is completely lost on them as that reply indicates in graphic detail for all to see. The reason that we are able to ridicule them is because they're exactly that - ridiculous. And their only riposte is because, back in the day, they used to beat us. That's ALL they've got. We've developed massively, both on and off the pitch (disregarding the disaster of this season!), and they've just gone backwards at a rate of knots. A case in point - they managed to get relegated, bottom of L1, whilst we couldn't buy a win. Until they do something DECENT, they will continue to get ridiculed, and rightly so. In the remainder of my lifetime, they'll NEVER pass us.

50 minutes ago, fgrsimon said:

Akin to terrorism mind!

their a funny old lot them gasheads

1 hour ago, fgrsimon said:

Akin to terrorism mind!

Jeez...what an utter cocksucker.

• Like 2

Akin to terrorism mind!

Burnie Burns Conspiracy GIF by Rooster Teeth

• Haha 1

Akin to terrorism mind!

The jealous bile spouted by this “fan” is tangible. I have never read so much nonsense, and carrying around that amount of hatred, delusion and negativity is not healthy.

This overly-wordy and dramatic piece of literature which includes evocative terms such as “terrorism, sadistic, and bully” smacks of a very bitter individual who feels he/she needs to justify their wasted degree in Sociology whilst hating the side of the fence fate left him/her on, and has put that together on many a dark night over probably a 10 year period, manically tweaking it until they could unleash this “masterpiece” on a Rovers forum.

Unfortunately he/she is pretty representative of Rovers fans of a certain generation and he/she will be one of the one first talking non-stop about City next year and looking for our result as their own side slips further into insignificance in front of 6000 pairs of eyes.

Astonishing indeed.

Edited by TomThumb84
  • Like 1
  • Robin 1

For a little clarity, their golden years when they used to "beat us a lot" were so say in the 80's and 90's. So I spent a little time to assess that period. Between August 1980 and October 1999 the two clubs played each other 36 times. They won 14, drew 10 and we won 12. a slight advantage but, not quite the way they like to remember it.  Their real glory period was actually condensed into a four year period from January 1987 until January 1991, winning 6 and drawing 4, when no matter what we did they managed to get the better of us. So in reality, apart from that four year period of hell on earth, we won 12, drew 6 and lost 8 in the rest of those glorious two decades.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fgrsimon said:

Akin to terrorism mind!

Blimey - I didn’t realise James O’Brien was a sag ... ??

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Every bit of that is fiction, absolutely no truth or proof of any of it. Just a total fabricated rant by a supporter of a team that couldn't win a raffle.

I like the "cocaine and cider addled specimens" bit.

Obviously has had too little medication as the paranoia is really creeping in, and all because we didn't like it being beaten by their little team. How many years ago was that then?

• Robin 1

4 hours ago, Jim Davey said:

their a funny old lot them gasheads

To be fair the replies to this guy's rant is almost unanimously one of ridicule to their fellow gas head. 

Always a good idea to have a balanced view, on everything. Oh yeah, it's been shut in the UK for a while now!!!

• Hmmm 1

9 hours ago, fgrsimon said:

Akin to terrorism mind!

Well, he’s nailed it,

Willem Dafoe Smile GIF

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, havanatopia said:

To be fair the replies to this guy's rant is almost unanimously one of ridicule to their fellow gas head. 

Always a good idea to have a balanced view, on everything. Oh yeah, it's been shut in the UK for a while now!!!

Yeah but no but.

Whenever browsing another forum the only posts that register are the 5% / 10% of loonie extremist posts.

The vast majority of posts, usually reasonable and disagreeing with the nutter, simply fade into the background like ambient noise.

12 hours ago, fgrsimon said:

Akin to terrorism mind!

There's enough material there for an entire conference. 

MV5BM2YxMDA3MGQtNWU0YS00NGVmLWEwMzYtMmQxYmUxMTcxZWY5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDgyNjA5MA@@._V1_.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Flames 1

I tell you something, Kingswood Polak, who I've known for donkeys years, has it nailed.

Mad keen gas head and a really nice fella.

Good on Julian for seeing through the bull.

I tell you something, Kingswood Polak, who I've known for donkeys years, has it nailed.

• Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1

13 hours ago, fgrsimon said:

Akin to terrorism mind!

Typical Sag. Projecting everything that is wrong with their fan base onto us.

Does he forget their little video of the chap running over the Suspension Bridge, past Ashton Gate to get to the sister he impregnated in hospital to present her with a ‘Tesco Carrier Bag’ styled baby grow for their offspring before it has a chance to choose a proper club to support other than those desperate and deluded pikey squatters?

In football it’s called Banter. It’s something that historically they were always quick to dish out, but could never take themselves. Instead, when the banter comes back they resort to playing the victim and attempt to take some moral high ground.

You can see the green-eyed Sag monster as soon as he starts off, but ask him if he is a jealous Sag and he’s guaranteed to say ‘no’ and then blurt on about how he is only interested in his loyal, faithful and true family club before attacking the opposition players in the goal net because their team has been awarded a penalty.

Absolute deluded weapon.

Thanks for confirming what we already know about the average Sag supporter and the reason why this thread continues to prosper.

The gift ? 

Edited by Gert Mare