IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

I tell you something, Kingswood Polak, who I've known for donkeys years, has it nailed.

Mad keen gas head and a really nice fella.

Good on Julian for seeing through the bull.

I tell you something, Kingswood Polak, who I've known for donkeys years, has it nailed.

Wtf..... 

17 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Sounds like the sort of thing they would do....

9B21E429-47F2-4CB7-9D07-0E5FE32EBD4B.jpeg

Can’t imagine they will get too many incriminating confirmations.

I’ve got an image of them hearing this info and screaming ‘confirm, confirm, confirm’ whilst frothing at the mouth like some mutant rabid saggy dalek. Sure there is a Chris Morris sketch in there somewhere.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, fgrsimon said:

Astonishing Lansdown meltdown / Playing the victims from user 'gulfofaden' on GasChat

Akin to terrorism mind!

Lansdown hasn’t just been a benefactor to city, which he is entitled to do, but he’s also been antagonistic to Rovers on any occasion he can to win favour with his fan base including the Matt Taylor saga which given the fact we got the exact release fee (which was supposed to be confidential) is akin to terrorism in football terms.

He’s also putting posters on the Glocs road, getting his sponsors to ridicule us through postal campaigns and trying very hard to get a club who for much of his life was a giant firm of bedminster hooligans who regularly smashed up our ground and attacked and threatened our players pegged as some “family club”. They have some normal fans of course but also a giant contingent on cocaine and cider addled specimens which dwarf, and have always dwarfed, ours, even pro rata.

You think he couldn’t see all that victimisation and violence in the 80s and 90s? Was he blind? Of course he wasn’t my. That’s fine, he can still bankroll the club but to do so, and still pander to those guys and continually harrass and target us knowing full well the asymmetric history between us, is beneath contempt.

It wasn’t 6 of one, half a dozen of the other. It was grown men targeting families and players in their own homes.

If he had adopted the attitude of “City is my club,
Good luck to Rovers but I hope we are always above them” then I would have all the time in the world for him.

He didn’t, he, like a playground bully, has been sadistic and provocative in swinging his weight around, to a club he knows can’t really fight back.

And the reason for this? The heinous crime which caused this ire?

We used to beat them a lot, before. When we were in dire straights and on paper we shouldn’t have.

That’s it. That’s what all this is about.

https://gaschat.co.uk/thread/18097/bristol-owner-steve-lansdown-writes?page=2

you should see this guys post on the Barton court case thread!! https://gaschat.co.uk/thread/18106/joeys-court-case-matchday-thread?page=8

image.thumb.png.9c1bc510bce7982139c9e0dcc6eec341.png

1 hour ago, richwwtk said:

What planning is he on about? Is this something to do with the fruit market stadium opening in a couple of months?

Their new training ground, The Craters, or whatever it's called. The one where they forgot to include enough space for players and no offices so they have had to revise the planning application.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, bristolmoose said:

Their new training ground, The Craters, or whatever it's called. The one where they forgot to include enough space for players and no offices so they have had to revise the planning application.

Hehe, The Craters.

I like it!  ?

2 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Sounds like the sort of thing they would do....

9B21E429-47F2-4CB7-9D07-0E5FE32EBD4B.jpeg

Isn't that the green where the locals walk their dogs to improve the place.

Perving into a bedroom? What sort of buck toothed demented hick are they breeding over there?

A club member urinating against a wall? How nice.

The family club at it again then.

37 minutes ago, Swede said:

Perving into a bedroom? What sort of buck toothed demented hick are they breeding over there?

This must be the Championship-ready sprinklers of which we have heard so much.

Tbh I thought they were referring to an automatic watering system for the pitch rather than to the club staff.

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I can remember a run of about ten games against the gas from 1986 to 1991 where we failed to win one ...

Yeah, until Louis Donowa came along those feckers had the hoodoo over us!  I think we still had to wait until Seal & Agostino before we won at Trumpton....I expect @Never to the dark side still has the Triumph at Trumpton VHS buried somewhere!

1 hour ago, Swede said:

In his defence, where else was he supposed to do it....didn't they "forget" to build toilets there? 

3 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Yeah, until Louis Donowa came along those feckers had the hoodoo over us!  I think we still had to wait until Seal & Agostino before we won at Trumpton....I expect @Never to the dark side still has the Triumph at Trumpton VHS buried somewhere!

In his defence, where else was he supposed to do it....didn't they "forget" to build toilets there? 

You could not make it up....

Rovers fans always patting themselves on the back. We’re brilliant we’re superior to the shitheads were the family club. Then they are all tripping over themselves to back a person who has a lot of previous when it comes to assaulting people. They are such a desperate little club with a little fan base . Bristol Rovers and Joey Barton are made for each other. **** um 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Excellent news, means this will drag on a bit longer causing more uncertainty for the massive club, hopefully distracting on field matters

Yep a mid season trial for their manager could be fun!

It has the potential to de-rail a good season or plunge a bad season into utter disarray (again). Is the "genius" that took over on a temporary bassis during the season just gone still there? - i seem to recall his record was crap for the 2 or 3 games he was in charge. More of that would do very nicely.