IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

47 minutes ago, Banned User said:

You have to assume Stendel believe he has a good case, otherwise he’d drop the charges.

He is willing to come to the UK to see to it that Joey gets his justice.

#JusticeForJoey

From what I have read that is absolutely right. The testimony of that Barnsley youth coach probably makes it a slam dunk. This is just delaying the inevitable, I think.

6 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I can remember a run of about ten games against the gas from 1986 to 1991 where we failed to win one ...

True. Effectively we went three seasons without winning. In the thirty years since then we have lost three times. 

https://www.11v11.com/teams/bristol-city/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Bristol Rovers/

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

I think we still had to wait until Seal & Agostino before we won at Trumpton....

Nah, I was there for a glorious 1-3 at Trumpton in the cup in late 1991 - but it was totally overshadowed by the sags winning 2-4 in the return leg with Mehew playing a significant role - gutted - we went out on away goals - way before the shenanigans of the Seal/Agostino era ...

8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Nah, I was there for a glorious 1-3 at Trumpton in the cup in late 1991 - but it was totally overshadowed by the sags winning 2-4 in the return leg with Mehew playing a significant role - gutted - we went out on away goals - way before the shenanigans of the Seal/Agostino era ...

I saw Devon White in the JCR at Longwell Green the following day after the away goals loss. 
“You were bloody lucky last night” I said to him. 
His reply “Well, who’s playing Forest next round”. 
Ooh, you sly bugger! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Talk about iconic City defeats usually brings up Wolves, Cardiff, Ipswich, Hull, but for me that 2nd leg was up there with the very worst experiences.

Fortunately, as far as Mehew is concerned I have an alternative memory. I was at a quiz night at Eastville and Mehew was in a Rovers players team, asked who won the European Chamionships in 1960, he answered Brazil!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

9 minutes ago, fanjita said:

It's amazing that there's even a chance he won't do jail time if found guilty looking at his record, a suspended sentence and a prison sentence already for similar offences.

I do agree with him on December 2006 on that list though.

50 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

It's amazing that there's even a chance he won't do jail time if found guilty looking at his record, a suspended sentence and a prison sentence already for similar offences.

Even as a neutral you would question just how many more chances is he going to get.

Hes been given chance after chance after chance and he's still a thug. It's not a first offence and he has had previous jail time, in my eyes there is a real chance that if found guilty he's going to be jailed and it won't be a suspended sentence. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, richwwtk said:

200 hours of community service to be carried out on every Saturday afternoon during the season, would be funny.

Edited by Red-Robbo

22 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I think we stuck 4 past them at Trumpton in the Glos Cup in the summer of 1990, just after THAT match.

• Like 2

On 08/06/2021 at 17:47, cityal said:

Yep a mid season trial for their manager could be fun!

It has the potential to de-rail a good season or plunge a bad season into utter disarray (again). Is the "genius" that took over on a temporary bassis during the season just gone still there? - i seem to recall his record was crap for the 2 or 3 games he was in charge. More of that would do very nicely.

26th November. Exactly as requested!

One belter on their forum is questioning why it's been arranged for a Friday, the day before a match.

Not sure he has worked out where the legal system and a game of football sit in the hierarchy of importance. I can't see the judge poring over a fixture list to see when best suits Bristol Rovers. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, bristolmoose said:

One belter on their forum is questioning why it's been arranged for a Friday, the day before a match.

Not sure he has worked out where the legal system and a game of football sit in the hierarchy of importance. I can't see the judge poring over a fixture list to see when best suits Bristol Rovers. 

Judge must be a Gert Ted……..gotta be.

• Haha 2
  • Robin 1