IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

21 hours ago, Donnies Tackle said:

Hang on! I used to play on the Downs and at a level a damned sight higher than that shower. No, I’m not having it, they will bring the whole level down beyond embarrassing. And that includes being sick on numerous occasions running the 15 miles to the sea walls after a good Friday night down the Hope and Anchor...

I too played on the Downs,when I was about 14,yeah you’re right it would lower the standard of football,and where would the hoardes of blue and white clad numpties stand.

2 hours ago, bert tann said:

Club President, Wael Al Qadi,  gives an update to supporters on plans and ambitions for next season in his latest Open Letter.

'Dear Gasheads

"Our fans are truly our 12th man and are an integral part of our success. From the Manager to the players, they all say the atmosphere inside a packed out Mem is very special."

The delusion runs from top to bottom.  

The fans are an integral part of their success? Huh.  

I'd wager that none of the squad have played in front of a "packed out Mem".

In the past year they've had four managers and have been relegated by a country mile.

Deluded.  But he knows how to press their buttons.

Edited by cityloyal473

Morning Dave (Gastower) nice to see you posting on here, like you i have banned from the other place for questioning the actions and posts of the Hitler like Mods. Maybe they don't like people questioning their loyalty to the club 

55 minutes ago, IdliketoRogerMoore said:

I read the first pages and the tarmac is mentioned several times by different posters! What the **** is so special about that tarmac?

Indeed Idliketo, I thought the same as you, which is why I snuck into the Memstad the other day to gather some evidence. 

badmac01.jpg.af0f3427bf75bcc63902b7a9e1999469.jpgroad-dangerous-asphalt-poor-workmanship-260nw-365314547.jpg.15ad975838e8c597e09a628a3c0a827b.jpgWeeds-breaking-through-a-tarmacadam-surface.jpg.0b4b4e33185b0c0e3892105a5ac695be.jpg

Their tarmac is indeed something to be proud of.

Special, just like them...?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, BS3City said:

Indeed Idliketo, I thought the same as you, which is why I snuck into the Memstad the other day to gather some evidence. 

badmac01.jpg.af0f3427bf75bcc63902b7a9e1999469.jpgroad-dangerous-asphalt-poor-workmanship-260nw-365314547.jpg.15ad975838e8c597e09a628a3c0a827b.jpgWeeds-breaking-through-a-tarmacadam-surface.jpg.0b4b4e33185b0c0e3892105a5ac695be.jpg

Their tarmac is indeed something to be proud of.

Special, just like them...?

You mock but those are Championship ready weeds.

• Haha 3

On 10/06/2021 at 19:13, Donnies Tackle said:

Hang on! I used to play on the Downs and at a level a damned sight higher than that shower. No, I’m not having it, they will bring the whole level down beyond embarrassing. And that includes being sick on numerous occasions running the 15 miles to the sea walls after a good Friday night down the Hope and Anchor...

Absolutely I remember Jock the ref running around with his radio glued to his ear listening to the rugby proper football 

3 hours ago, IdliketoRogerMoore said:

I read the first pages and the tarmac is mentioned several times by different posters! What the **** is so special about that tarmac?

It's the ONLY solid structure they've built in sixty odd years, not counting 4 garden chairs, a few lengths of 4x2 and a bag of postcrete to put up the disabled section. Its worthy of several more mentions I expect.

1 hour ago, fgrsimon said:

Wow, second highest number of season tickets they've ever sold for the 4th tier. What an achievement, the stuff of dreams........

Also, all those season ticket holders could comfortably fit in the Atyeo. 

What they would give to have a stand half as good as the Atyeo.

Now think back to when that stand was built, how old it is compared to the rest of the stadium, and how dated it now is compared to everything else around it.

Need we say anything more?

4 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

And you lot can **** off back to Taunton !

Ooh, that’s harsh ... traditional county borders show Bristol being very much part of Somerset - right up to Clifton and beyond - and I watched Somerset play vs Yorkshire on the Brislington/Knowle/Hengrove border back in the day - Boycott was playing that day for Yorkshire - and he swore at my sister, then 9 years old, when she asked for his autograph - he wasn’t nice.

Bristol = Somerset stronghold; Gloucestershire CCC? Please represent your heartland in Cheltenham, Gloucester and the Cotswolds - no need for you to be in Bristol - we aren’t in your county - although, I notice Gloucs CCC, rather like the gas, also swoop in on venues that are irrelevant to them - they’ve even played ‘home’ games in Wiltshire during their illustrious history - why can’t they just go back to Gloucestershire?! ??

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 2

On 11/06/2021 at 22:15, Swede said:

It's the ONLY solid structure they've built in sixty odd years, not counting 4 garden chairs, a few lengths of 4x2 and a bag of postcrete to put up the disabled section. Its worthy of several more mentions I expect.

No, no, no - you obviously missed their announcement when they pronounced that only Tottenham Hotspur had made more improvements to their stadium than ‘da gas’ - surely they weren’t telling fibs?! ??

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Ooh, that’s harsh ... traditional county borders show Bristol being very much part of Somerset - right up to Clifton and beyond - and I watched Somerset play vs Yorkshire on the Brislington/Knowle/Hengrove border back in the day - Boycott was playing that day for Yorkshire - and he swore at my sister, then 9 years old, when she asked for his autograph - he wasn’t nice.

Bristol = Somerset stronghold; Gloucestershire CCC? Please represent your heartland in Cheltenham, Gloucester and the Cotswolds - no need for you to be in Bristol - we aren’t in your county - although, I notice Gloucs CCC, rather like the gas, also swoop in on venues that are irrelevant to them - they’ve even played ‘home’ games in Wiltshire during their illustrious history - why can’t they just go back to Gloucestershire?! ??

I was born in Gloucestershire, not interested in any redefining boundaries and inventing  new counties bollox !

• Like 4

1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

I was born in Gloucestershire, not interested in any redefining boundaries and inventing  new counties bollox !

In my defence dad took me to Neville Road and later to the county ground. Richards, Garner, Botham, Vic Marks etc, there was only going to be one. Proctor and Abbas were good but Viv Richards, come on.

7 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Nearly 800 years of being the City and County of Bristol by royal decree and you want to claim it for Somerset? :)

• Like 5
  • Flames 2
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Nearly 800 years of being the City and County of Bristol by royal decree and you want to claim it for Somerset? :)

Bedminster was in Somerset until the 1890s, so certainly 800 years is incorrect for my part of BS3.

• Like 1