IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

9 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

When we got relegated and when cotts came in we were getting between 11 and 12 k were we not at the bottom? But no there's some reason they would dream up of why they would do better.

Imagine having an average crowd attendance that is smaller than your closest City rivals - whilst they're ground is being redeveloped and has at least 1 stand shut because it's being knocked down and/or rebuilt.......

27 minutes ago, Taz said:

Imagine having an average crowd attendance that is smaller than your closest City rivals - whilst they're ground is being redeveloped and has at least 1 stand shut because it's being knocked down and/or rebuilt.......

Would never happen....Would it?

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

image.png.f2ac792eff9c20efd4f4f2c5e0648257.png

Someone seriously feels they're in a position to criticise a ground with one bad end?

image.png.85e768303b5e3ba50373aab1e5915716.png

Ah.....so covid is responsible for them playing their marquee signings in front of marquees?  Right you are.  For all in tents and purposes they may have a point...they couldn't upgrade their tents to gazebo's with Go Outdoors closed I suppose!

image.png.66a8e3f6d40505598e77bd29ce5e9275.png

Good what now?!?

They're hilarious!  The number of them taking his dig about the ground as a personal attack on them is mind boggling!

Thanks Matt Langley. I've never heard the phrase 'Good risens' before. I will need to remember that one to impress my mates up the pub.

#the gift that....

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, readie14 said:

At least their is one poster who talks sense on their forum?

Just shows how far ahead they are. Their ground is hosting play off finals and half of ours would blow away in a gale

Gale or gust of wind?

4 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

We were getting over 10k at home scraping draws against Colchester and Shrewsbury whilst bottom of L1 with O’Driscoll in charge.

According to http://stats.football.co.uk/results_fixtures/2013_2014/bristol_city/index.shtml

We were sat bottom, 4 points after 11 games and we had 10,639 at our home defeat to Brentford. Won away at Carlisle and for Oldham's 1-1 at the Gate, we moved to one off the bottom and got 11,352. I'd say decent.

Unlike not getting near a seen out in a Stadium Ground that only holds 12k Oh, I forgot, if they had a bigger ground they'd get more, isn't that right? 

5 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Joey Barton reacts to loan signing of Connor Taylor as he joins Bristol Rovers from Stoke City - Bristol Live (bristolpost.co.uk)

Christ look at the photo. It's got "Has it really come to this"? plastered all over his face

So they've now become a feeder club for average Championship sides.

58 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Joey Barton reacts to loan signing of Connor Taylor as he joins Bristol Rovers from Stoke City - Bristol Live (bristolpost.co.uk)

Christ look at the photo. It's got "Has it really come to this"? plastered all over his face

re his  predecessor               "..............                the central defender never looked happy, comfortable or even competent in the blue and white quarters."

All the requirements for a perfect fit, I would have thought !

• Haha 1

I liked the snippet at the end.

Taylor's signing also begins to break the misconception that the Rovers manager would spend the summer predominantly signing experienced veterans on big salaries.

Come on we were all thinking that the Barcelona of Division 4 were going to be paying big salaries next season weren't we?

No?

Oh well, please yourselves.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Interesting to note a methane snorter appearing in the comments for that article to try to take credit for Connor Roberts scoring at the euros, on the grounds that he had made 2 appearances for them 5 years ago....

3 hours ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

I think he will be on the phone to a new agent as soon as he puts that scarf in the bin.

• Haha 1

I reckon that if you put together a collage of all of their players signing on photos down the years,it would look like a lottery syndicate that had forgotten to do it on the day their numbers came in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

56 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

I reckon that if you put together a collage of all of their players signing on photos down the years,it would look like a lottery syndicate that had forgotten to do it on the day their numbers came in.

I do like the way these 4 players all have a slightly different ‘**** my life’ expression on their faces...

A5F20CA3-B2A1-47F9-898F-1B2F725D3A41.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I do like the way these 4 players all have a slightly different ‘**** my life’ expression on their faces...

A5F20CA3-B2A1-47F9-898F-1B2F725D3A41.jpeg

They do have that `If I do this will you put the gun away?` look about them

They should be holding up a copy of today`s newspaper instead of a scarf.

Edited by Lanterne Rouge
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Rob said:

My my my. I suggest a few beers.

Fair enough - a decent attempt to play down the fact you know nothing about your ‘team’ and you also ignored the rest of the post that suggested you are incorrect - the ‘calm down and have a few beers’ approach is well-used amongst those who pontificate loudly thinking they are correct only to get found out on simple facts - it’s an approach that says “yeh, oops, I’ve been found out here but if I suggest the poster has a few beers then hopefully no-one will notice that I posted utter tripe” ...

9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Fair enough - a decent attempt to play down the fact you know nothing about your ‘team’ and you also ignored the rest of the post that suggested you are incorrect - the ‘calm down and have a few beers’ approach is well-used amongst those who pontificate loudly thinking they are correct only to get found out on simple facts - it’s an approach that says “yeh, oops, I’ve been found out here but if I suggest the poster has a few beers then hopefully no-one will notice that I posted utter tripe” ...

You don't know anything about me. I've not been rude to you. All I stated was the facts which was found from a reputable source on the internet.  The beer quote was the politest way I could think of replying to your rude reply.

So I have to conclude your just a rude person. You would probably not act this way towards someone if you met them down the pub. You should equally not do it on the internet (a vain hope i know).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jim Davey said:

the guy in the baseball cap looks like hes just about to start crying.

Isn’t he the one that put the V’s up to the fans and told them to F.off. He also takes every opportunity to slate them on social media.

2 minutes ago, cidercity said:

Isn’t he the one that put the V’s up to the fans and told them to F.off. He also takes every opportunity to slate them on social media.

not sure but that could probably  apply to most of their ex players

• Like 1