IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Think Barton has brought in 6 new players now, many of them are Scousers & a fair few from Fleetwood or elsewhere in the North.

I consider myself a bit of a football anorak at times but I have never heard of any of them.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Think Barton has brought in 6 new players now, many of them are Scousers & a fair few from Fleetwood or elsewhere in the North.

I consider myself a bit of a football anorak at times but I have never heard of any of them.

Ask Bert Tann to tell you about the Liverpool Mafia takeover. ?

6 hours ago, GrahamC said:

I can't quite get his strategy on this.

He says he knows how to get out of L2, and that you need a certain type of player.

He'then basically bought a load of ex-fleetwood town players to the party. As well as bit part L2 cast offs. Rather than players that have had been there, and done well in that division.

Every year the Gas are just changing over large amounts of frankly awful players. There seems to be no consistency to their approach, and they are obviously hoping that one of them turns into the next JCH.

With the market the way it is. Decent players are holding out on numerous offers from other clubs; and will then make a decision.

Rovers just appear desperate at the moment, and are probably over paying to get these players in early doors. I bet some of them can't believe the contracts they've been offered.

It's all got the feeling of another impending car crash on the horizion there.

Edited by NcnsBcfc

6 hours ago, NcnsBcfc said:

I can't quite get his strategy on this.

He says he knows how to get out of L2, and that you need a certain type of player.

He'then basically bought a load of ex-fleetwood town players to the party. As well as bit part L2 cast offs. Rather than players that have had been there, and done well in that division.

Every year the Gas are just changing over large amounts of frankly awful players. There seems to be no consistency to their approach, and they are obviously hoping that one of them turns into the next JCH.

With the market the way it is. Decent players are holding out on numerous offers from other clubs; and will then make a decision.

Rovers just appear desperate at the moment, and are probably over paying to get these players in early doors. I bet some of them can't believe the contracts they've been offered.

It's all got the feeling of another impending car crash on the horizion there.

The type of player he is going for is a scoucer or northerner. That’s his thinking. Bloke is clueless but rovers fans can’t see pass that because he has a few Twitter followers and he’s Joey Barton who played in the premiership. Not Joey Barton who was shitter than the other two clowns they had.  Then he publicly shamed everything that was wrong at Bristol Rovers to deflect the shit away from himself because he said he would definitely keep them up. He and rovers suit each other. Hope it ends in rovers tears 

Edited by Red Army 75
  • Like 3
  • Flames 1

16 hours ago, Sarumred said:

Who is he? Never heard of him.

14 hours ago, Taz said:

He does look happier than they normally do though....

I'd be surprised if anyone had heard of him and it's no surprise he looks happy, judging by his career so far joining the Gas is genuinely a step up for him.

Started his youth career at Barnard Castle, cue jokes about needing his eyesight tested. :)

Screenshot_20210626-072126_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I'd be surprised if anyone had heard of him and it's no surprise he looks happy, judging by his career so far joining the Gas is genuinely a step up for him.

Started his youth career at Barnard Castle, cue jokes about needing his eyesight tested. :)

a loan to Ryhope Colliery Welfare - the absolute stuff of dreams!

Have the fewers started the "announce promotion" BS yet?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cityal said:

a loan to Ryhope Colliery Welfare - the absolute stuff of dreams!

Have the fewers started the "announce promotion" BS yet?

I read that he's only ever scored 1 league goal, 2 in a league cup match at Carlisle and a hat trick against Villa U23s in the tinpot trophy. 

That sound you can hear is the noise of the bottom of the barrel as it's being scraped.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

So many loans.  

Didn't Bishop Auckland win the first world cup - I seem to remember a film about it.

14 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Think the gas have serious competition for tinpot club of the year this year, what with the goings on at Wednesday Derby and Swindon 

NO ONE does it better than the Gas. 
They are a constant source of ridicule. Their list   of comedy gold is just endless.

I still laugh out loud when I think of their promotion bus tour and the thousands of missing fans who stayed at home to cheer them on. 
:rofl2br:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Reigate Red said:

So many loans.  

Didn't Bishop Auckland win the first world cup - I seem to remember a film about it.

Yes, I remember watching that. England refused to enter a team and somehow BAFC got entered and won. In the film, the BA captain does a team pep talk, I seem to remember the phrase “Give ‘em Iron” (think a lot of the team worked in a iron smelting factory). 

Edited by Southport Red
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Reigate Red said:

So many loans.  

15 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

Yes, I remember watching that. England refused to enter a team and somehow BAFC got entered and won. In the film, the BA captain does a team pep talk, I seem to remember the phrase “Give ‘em Iron” (think a lot of the team worked in a iron smelting factory). 

West Auckland won it; they are a village team near to the more famous Bishop Auckland.

I remember the film with Dennis Waterman.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Auckland#:~:text=West Auckland Town F.C. is,awarded the trophy to keep

• Thanks 2

Unfortunately Rovers are part of Bristol Football and always will be, I remember the old days when they played at Eastville and their end then was the tote end. I also recall some derby matches in the 70,s and the interaction and the battels on the pitch and off the pitch. 

They are a team and club that have always struggled and been second fiddle to the OTIB. And we know amongst us the the club that who is located at BS3 will always be known as the football club associated with the city of Bristol.

I know this might seem a bit weird but they are now in League two and those of us old enough that means the old fourth division. they have been there before and dropped down to the Conference around 2013/14 and came good.

I was impressed that they have just signed Harvey Soundess and Aaron C. it shows that they are still around and still fighting to maintain quality football in Bristol.

They will always exist and we will always take the piss out of them.  However not sure how we need to try and show them some resect or not on this forum. After all even though they are blue and dodgy pirates and originally called the black Arabs when they were formed its still good having them around to keep the banter live.

• Confused 4
  • Hmmm 2