IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

23 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

I'd be quite happy to see em disappear off the face of the earth tbh. 

No, it's always sad when any sports team disappears. I'll settle for them to simply drop further down football's pyramid.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, City oz said:

Unfortunately Rovers are part of Bristol Football and always will be, I remember the old days when they played at Eastville and their end then was the tote end. I also recall some derby matches in the 70,s and the interaction and the battels on the pitch and off the pitch. 

They are a team and club that have always struggled and been second fiddle to the OTIB. And we know amongst us the the club that who is located at BS3 will always be known as the football club associated with the city of Bristol.

I know this might seem a bit weird but they are now in League two and those of us old enough that means the old fourth division. they have been there before and dropped down to the Conference around 2013/14 and came good.

I was impressed that they have just signed Harvey Soundess and Aaron C. it shows that they are still around and still fighting to maintain quality football in Bristol.

They will always exist and we will always take the piss out of them.  However not sure how we need to try and show them some resect or not on this forum. After all even though they are blue and dodgy pirates and originally called the black Arabs when they were formed its still good having them around to keep the banter live.

There is thread of over a thousand pages long for that lot , but you needed to start another one 

• Like 3

As far as I am concerned there is no rivalry. They are a nothing club with a dwindling fan base who continually revel in being ramshackle holding onto some obscure misguided view that they think it gives them a "family" feel. They are stuck in the 1970's and hark back to some cup run they had over 60 years ago.

The only times they come up in conversation is usually to laugh at their inept tinpottidness which happens on a daily basis.

• Like 1

Signing a player from Hartlepool might be inspired. Brian Drysdale had ben playing for Hartlepool and was considering giving up the game as his career was going nowhere. Then out of the blue, City made a bid for him which he and Hartlepool jumped at. BD went on to be a regular fixture at left back and helped us into Div 1.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, 22A said:

Signing a player from Hartlepool might be inspired. Brian Drysdale had ben playing for Hartlepool and was considering giving up the game as his career was going nowhere. Then out of the blue, City made a bid for him which he and Hartlepool jumped at. BD went on to be a regular fixture at left back and helped us into Div 1.

You need a scout or manager with a good eye for a player.

Jim Brennan was playing in the reserves when Benny Lennartson saw how good he was and stuck him into the first team; then he was sold to Forest for £1.5m.

That was "a lot of money in those days".

Without Benny spotting his ability that wouldn't have happened.

• Like 1

On 27/06/2021 at 11:07, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Who the **** are Harvey Soundness and Aaron C?

Are you the poster who lives in Australia?

10 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I was thinking that.  They sound like a particularly shit drum'n'bass outfit.

Could well have been in So Solid Crew at some point, there's millions of them...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Taz said:

Could well have been in So Solid Crew at some point, there's millions of them...

I would imagine that "Aaron C" is not his real name. Probably doesn't want the ridicule or shame of anybody knowing how far he's gone down the footballing pyramid. 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

CAN WE DITCH THIS POST ABOUT OUR  6 fingered donkey jacket wearing Neighbours, why even mention basement team NOT INTERESTED GET RID 

Not intrested, yet here you are.

Its like a freakshow, you shouldn't look however you can't help looking.