IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

On 27/06/2021 at 10:36, Sweeneys Penalties said:

I'd be quite happy to see em disappear off the face of the earth tbh. 

I totally get where you are coming from but I struggle to agree with this ... my great grandad, grandad and dad were all gasheads and they loved their club ... it’s always dreadful when fans lose their club, whoever they are. With my Partick Thistle connections, I felt genuinely gutted for the loyal Clydebank FC fans who had their club pillaged and dissolved by the despicable actions of “Little Chelsea” (Airdrieonians).

Airdrie were in financial trouble, went out of business and simply decided to take over another club who were also struggling. They took over Clydebank, shut it down and relaunched it as Airdrie United. Words fail me on that one. Clydebank away was always a top day out for Thistle - local derby and some great banter with no real hatred. You’d often see Marti Pellow at those games as his band sponsored Clydebank. Best pies in Scotland there too!

And I was also gutted for Bury FC fans when their club ceased to exist recently - to be so close to Manchester and support The Shakers means you are a proper fan ... it’s always horrible when a fanbase (however small) loses their club ...

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Like 2
  • Flames 1

4 hours ago, Banjo Island said:

I used to wear a donkey jacket 1973 ithink it was maggo ????

Paraphrasing the Bountyhunter from back in the day, but if I recall correctly, all gasheads believe in Santa and most will be asking 'the big fella' for a donkey jacket this Christmas. 

Edited by City Rocker

11 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I`m glad I opted for a donkey jacket back in the eighties at The Den. It cushioned the effect of the coins and snooker balls and the darts wouldn`t penetrate the fabric.

I just wish I`d gone full Bob the Builder and worn a hard hat as well.

Wore a donkey jacket to our game at West Ham in 76, blended in very nicely 

Edited by southside
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, TomF said:

Colleague went to AG for his second jab yesterday and noted a women walking in for hers in full rovers kit attire.  #obsessed 

Did it also have long black/grey greasy hair, and wore sandals showing off it's 9" toe nails?

53 minutes ago, TomF said:

Colleague went to AG for his second jab yesterday and noted a women walking in for hers in full rovers kit attire.  #obsessed 

Luckily th facility is deep cleansed on a regular basis, so we should be OK.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

They are late in filing accounts again though the penalties are minor.

This is simply slack.

There's going to be nothing exciting in them when they are published - big Covid losses but Wael is covering them so no issue - so why not file them on time?

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/04501223

Its VERY easy for him to cover these losses - dont you know he is the 6th richest owner in football?

"very rich indeed"

"premier league in 5 years"

"unlucky da shit"

back in the real world ... he is clearly wealthy (multi-millionaire) but owning the sags must be bleeding him dry

Why would any methane snorter take any pride in turning up at our palatial home wearing that monstrosity? To me, that seems both desperate and humiliating on their part? 

They've got a hot dog stand on their, admittedly, new tarmac, tents and portaloos and then they see what we've got? 

I just don't get it. Are we supposed to be offended? Personally, I think it's rather funny.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, cityal said:

Its VERY easy for him to cover these losses - dont you know he is the 6th richest owner in football?

"very rich indeed"

"unlucky da shit"

back in the real world ... he is clearly wealthy (multi-millionaire) but owning the sags must be bleeding him dry

C'mon. He did have a very nice watch. Once.

Probably buys them at Argos now...

5 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Why would any methane snorter take any pride in turning up at our palatial home wearing that monstrosity? To me, that seems both desperate and humiliating on their part? 

They've got a hot dog stand on their, admittedly, new tarmac, tents and portaloos and then they see what we've got? 

I just don't get it. Are we supposed to be offended? Personally, I think it's rather funny.

With any luck hopefully it will be the only chance any of them get to wear that kit at ashton gate. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, cityal said:

"very rich indeed"

"unlucky da shit"

He's no Steve Lansdown but the money he inherited from his father allowed him to take full control of the club from his family and has already done his first substantial debt to equity conversion that the Lansdowns do most years which commits that money into the club; which debt doesn't do especially given the charge on the ground.

He is certainly behaving as if he has enough money to run a Div 3 or Div 4 club for the foreseeable future whereas previously, under family ownership, it very much looked like the click was ticking on their ownership.

The years when the Rovers' accounts were worth scanning to gauge their life expectancy prior to a forced sale are in the past.

For now.

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

They are late in filing accounts again though the penalties are minor.

This is simply slack.

There's going to be nothing exciting in them when they are published - big Covid losses but Wael is covering them so no issue - so why not file them on time?

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/04501223

Doesn't it sometimes take a few days for documents filed to appear on the website?  Particularly since COVID I believe.