IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 hours ago, TomF said:

Page 2 of the forum.. surely they've done something since Monday.  

Oh yeah on cue

Puts me in mind of a Jackass sketch involving a loo in a diy store.

The scene is set, and the unwashed throngs of North Bristol have descended on the Swamp in the hope of being locked out. Many have packed into the shop tent, to get close human contact.

Our intrepid hero enters stage left, after eating only McDonalds for the last 3 days. They make their way to the underwear rack and pick out an XXL size to try on. Into the changing rooms they pop and wail gently as the coarse hessian sack like material scratches their skin. Once on and fitting perfectly, they curl out a champion one into their temporary garment, remove them and calmly exit the way they came.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, TomF said:

Page 2 of the forum.. surely they've done something since Monday.  

Oh yeah on cue

Is this some kind of gender fluid mankini thing? 

& after last weeks kit launch video, they are really going after the diverse fan base

3 pages of them hysterically laughing at Swindon potentially appointing Ben Garner, and they "actually feel sympathy" for Swindon.

Are they forgetting that Garner has a better win record and points per game record than their current manager, Barton?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Banned User said:

3 pages of them hysterically laughing at Swindon potentially appointing Ben Garner, and they "actually feel sympathy" for Swindon.

Are they forgetting that Garner has a better win record and points per game record than their current manager, Barton?

I wouldn't laugh much (honestly ?) if Garner did well in Wiltshire!

• Like 1

As if the last two and a half thousand pages doesn't prove what a bunch of oddballs (to put it mildly) they are, we now get this!

Official confirmation.

You really couldn't make it up, the gift that keeps on giving and giving and giving.  

Truly, our cup runneth over with hilarity and, boy, do we love a glass of schadenfraude. 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels

5 hours ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

What it doesn't show on those pictures is that on the inside front on the underpants is a picture of Dean Windass

They don't need to do that. 

I'm sure most of them have one of those cardboard face mask things of Dean Windass and make the Mrs wear it whenever they get some adult alone time...

31 minutes ago, weepywall said:

I'm the first to rip the piss out the gas but all the oddball gear is sold to raise money for testicular cancer so even tho it looks horrendous, it goes to a good cause..I presume. 

its good that a charity benefits  at their expense.

5 hours ago, myol'man said:

Is this some kind of gender fluid mankini thing? 

& after last weeks kit launch video, they are really going after the diverse fan base

dont forget they are not normal,we only see the extra digits on their hands, some will have 36c chests etcand women with frontal bulges where they shouldnt. its the way they are,special breed

16 hours ago, Banned User said:

They also forget we done the double over them last season with their thug of a manager in charge 

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

No

I think it would be a good agreement for us if we do loan you a few to get game time and the close proximity of the clubs would be ideal for some of our youngsters. From Garner's time in Bristol I am sure he will be aware of the talent we have at youth level so I think it would be a smart move for him to give Tinnon a bell.

Edited by TMWANG50
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Shaun Taylor said:

They also forget we done the double over them last season with their thug of a manager in charge 

Will be interesting when Garner gets to meet a Crown Court bothering, bullshitting, bin-dipping, cheeky-chappie scally as part of his new job next season..............wonder whether he will ask for advice to avoid a scenario where someone follows on from him and accuses him of negligence? 

5 minutes ago, TMWANG50 said:

I think it would be a good agreement for us if we do loan you a few to get game time and the close proximity of the clubs would be ideal for some of our youngsters. From Garner's time in Bristol I am sure he will be aware of the talent we have at youth level so I think it woul dbe a smart move for him to give Tinnon a bell.

Relatively cheap in the short term for a club in Swindon's position too.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Will be interesting when Garner gets to meet a Crown Court bothering, bullshitting, bin-dipping, cheeky-chappie scally as part of his new job next season..............wonder whether he will ask for advice to avoid a scenario where someone follows on from him and accuses him of negligence? 

Relatively cheap in the short term for a club in Swindon's position too.

Hes one of those hot head managers if it dosen't go his way he blows his top so watch out next season!

somw of you older City fans will know that's there's been quite a few players that him moved either way along the M4 so it would make sense if you had one or two who would benefit from league 2 football rather than underneath 23 soulless games 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Hes one of those hot head managers if it dosen't go his way he blows his top so watch out next season!

somw of you older City fans will know that's there's been quite a few players that him moved either way along the M4 so it would make sense if you had one or two who would benefit from league 2 football rather than underneath 23 soulless games 

I'm sure when Pearson has worked out which of his youngsters are unlikely to get the minutes they need there will be strong possibility of that happening. In my view someone like Sam Bell would benefit hugely from a spell in League 2 and would do a good job too.