IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 minute ago, NcnsBcfc said:

He has previous assault convictions, and has had prison sentences. 

On that basis, any sentencing judge in either case would be hard pressed; not to give him another custodial sentence for either offence.

Domestic violence is quite rightly not accepted nowadays, and the Giggs situation shows what the club really should do in this situation (suspension or gardening leave pending the trial).

However the Gas have know about this since the 2nd June; and of course employed him in the first instance when he had a court case outstanding against him.

In my eyes they are morally redundant here. Unfortunately, the Gas have so much invested in the "Barton Project", that i think they're blinded as to how bad this man is for their club.

At least with our Simpson situation, it was years ago, and the matter had been dealt with.

Assaulting your partner, may well be the final straw for him though. Plenty of parties/Sponsors/Fans won't tolerate that.

Yeh any normal member of the public would be put back in prison so it shouldn’t be any different for him

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Unfortunate turn of phrase given the allegations ... ?

wasn’t intended 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, fgrsimon said:

I think we have to be a bit careful in claiming the high ground here? It sounds like his wife isn't pressing charges which makes it similar to the Danny Simpson case. Obviously with Barton being the manager rather than 'just' a player, that makes it a bit different and Simpson wasn't employed by City at the time of the offence and the conviction was spent but hitting a woman is the same regardless of who the perpetrator is.

I would imagine that he'll be put on gardening leave at the very least until it reaches court but isn't domestic violence difficult to prosecute if the victim doesn't want to press charges?

Looking like another huge error in judgment by Wael though, it's not as if this has come out of the blue (no pun intended) with Barton's past convictions and certainly adds to the circus over there.

Gardening leave until it reaches court... he's up before the beak on Monday. And I'd be surprised if he was going in on Sunday.

1 minute ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Yeh any normal member of the public would be put back in prison so it shouldn’t be any different for him

Technically he committed this offence whilst on Crown Court bail for the other Stendal assault. The jufge could refuse to give him bail again.

Looking at the Sun article i think, like Simpsons DA case; its going to be a victimless prosecution(ie she won't support).

However she has injuries, and no doubt the 999 call, plus bodyworn footage from the attending officers will be damning.

He has so much bad character against him now. But the nature of this offence is a step too far...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

What a vile **** he is... him and his wretched brother 

His brother commited one of the most wretched murders in modern history, yet not too many people are aware of it unfortunately. Hideous family, wouldn’t shed a single tear for any death of that lot, all rotten to the core are the Bartons.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Full respect to the sag fans for calling him out on domestic abuse charges. No one should ever have to be assaulted whether that's domestically or not.

I do feel a bit sorry for them because he does seem to be constantly dragging their name through the mud and it seems like there's a new court date every other month. 

He is not just a stain on their club, he's a stain on the city of Bristol and a stain on football he should never be allowed to manage every again or even play at an amateur level for the dog and duck pub. 

7 hours ago, Mr Hankey said:

His brother commited one of the most wretched murders in modern history, yet not too many people are aware of it unfortunately. Hideous family, wouldn’t shed a single tear for any death of that lot, all rotten to the core are the Bartons.

I wasn’t aware of it until someone mentioned his brother in this thread , absolutely twisted in the head that family 

On Gaschat somebody pointed out that he’s  had only one less court appearance than wins as manager!

Taking to one side JB the person, his record as manager at Rovers was awful, he had more than enough time to steady the ship last season if he was as good as he thinks/says he is, but spent 17 games or whatever it was blaming the previous managers, the players etc etc.

For Wael to then give him authority to sign players and start a new revolution seemed insane, as he certainly hasn’t proved he has the ability to do it.  His position now is surely untenable, the players will have no respect for him as a manager or a person.

7 hours ago, Mr Hankey said:

I thought it was his cousin. 

12 minutes ago, BetterRedthenBlue said:

Full respect to the sag fans for calling him out on domestic abuse charges. No one should ever have to be assaulted whether that's domestically or not.

I do feel a bit sorry for them because he does seem to be constantly dragging their name through the mud and it seems like there's a new court date every other month. 

He is not just a stain on their club, he's a stain on the city of Bristol and a stain on football he should never be allowed to manage every again or even play at an amateur level for the dog and duck pub. 

Yes it’s good to see them call it the way it should be. But feel sorry for them no chance they were happy enough to overlook his past grievances and his other court case he has coming up. Unfortunately for them it was inevitable something else would come along with that cretin in charge 

You can tell from the language he uses that Barton has had all the CBT and Counselling going and ultimately it doesn’t seem to make any difference once the fuse is lit in his head. DV isn’t often charged without the victim’s assistance so, similar to the Danny Simpson case a number of years back, there must be evidence that the CPS believe to be compelling. The Few surely have to suspend him?

Edited by Numero Uno

9 hours ago, fgrsimon said:

I think we have to be a bit careful in claiming the high ground here? It sounds like his wife isn't pressing charges which makes it similar to the Danny Simpson case. Obviously with Barton being the manager rather than 'just' a player, that makes it a bit different and Simpson wasn't employed by City at the time of the offence and the conviction was spent but hitting a woman is the same regardless of who the perpetrator is.

I would imagine that he'll be put on gardening leave at the very least until it reaches court but isn't domestic violence difficult to prosecute if the victim doesn't want to press charges?

Looking like another huge error in judgment by Wael though, it's not as if this has come out of the blue (no pun intended) with Barton's past convictions and certainly adds to the circus over there.

Similar but not the same. DS is on his second chance in life (I realise there are many on here who don’t believe in second chances and rehabilitation at all) and it would APPEAR that he is at least making the right noises and efforts to ensure he doesn’t have to appear before a judge again.

Barton seems to be one of those people in life that requires periodic police intervention culminating in appearances in court that compared to a “normal” person can only be described as regular. Based on what we know the guy is just a nasty piece of work.

It’s not about taking moral high ground. The bloke is charged and should be suspended, sacked without pay if found guilty. Alternatively Rovers could sack him with compensation NOW if they feel reputational damage is too great but I would doubt that will happen.

It’s a against his wife who’s since been uploading photos of him saying how amazing he is will be thrown out court “she did not phone police “ police obviously saw it was joey Barton and went ahead and charged him because of his previous HE CANT EVEN FART AND THEY TRY TO LOCK HIM UP GIVE THE BLOKE A BREAK INNOCENT TILL PROVEN GUILTY WORRY ABOUT IT THEN

Edited by Banned User
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Banned User said:

It’s a against his wife who’s since been uploading photos of him saying how amazing he is will be thrown out court “she did not phone police “ police obviously saw it was joey Barton and went ahead and charged him because of his previous HE CANT EVEN FART AND THEY TRY TO LOCK HIM UP GIVE THE BLOKE A BREAK INNOCENT TILL PROVEN GUILTY WORRY ABOUT IT THEN

Is this a quote from somewhere or your opinion?

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

Yes it’s good to see them call it the way it should be. But feel sorry for them no chance they were happy enough to overlook his past grievances and his other court case he has coming up. Unfortunately for them it was inevitable something else would come along with that cretin in charge 

Yes, this is now the second U turn they’ve done on him.

First he was a scumbag who should be banned from football when the Stendal incident took place when he was manager at Fleetwood.

Then he was a misunderstood cheeky chappy when Rovers employed him. It’s all Stendals fault, “keep your chin up Joey”...”Justice for Joey”.

Now this.

Not sure another U turn is possible?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BetterRedthenBlue said:

I don't....you play with fire, you're gonna get burned....  They knew exactly the sort of person they were appointing and most of the fan base celebrated it.  They get everything they deserve.

25 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

image.png.e1c9629e3661780592ce4eb918329eb0.png

I couldn't resist....I'm just surprised that they aren't more comments!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Gardening leave until it reaches court... he's up before the beak on Monday. And I'd be surprised if he was going in on Sunday.

Makes no difference if his wife pressed charges, if it was witnessed and reported then police are obliged to investigate 

24 minutes ago, TomF said:

Is there a possibility he gets refused bail given other pending case and seen as possibly reoffending if bailed? Surely with his past it’s not going to be overlooked?

No. Incident happened on 2nd June. He was bailed, so penny to a pound he’ll be bailed by the court. 

• Thanks 1