IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Poor old Joey. 

He's probably used to details of his crimes being headline news - but is there really any need for the reports to mention that he manages Bristol Rovers..? 

The embarrasment & humiliation that those kind of quotes will bring upon anyone associated with him will take a long time to recover from, if ever. 

He's clearly a grade A tosser, who never has or probably will ever, learn from his mistakes. 

Rovers must have been aware that they were playing with fire when appointing him. 

With the almost complete failure he's been there, this could be a welcome get out of jail free card for them. 

Regardless, with most of the Liberal minded population probably supportive of him having second (4th/5th) chance, once any conviction has been served - its going to take some monumental PR to disguise the stain on his character of having once been the manger of Bristol Rovers..! 

21 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

I don't....you play with fire, you're gonna get burned....  They knew exactly the sort of person they were appointing and most of the fan base celebrated it.  They get everything they deserve.

image.png.e1c9629e3661780592ce4eb918329eb0.png

I couldn't resist....I'm just surprised that they aren't more comments!

I think everyone in football knows what there is to know about JB, he obviously has a long list of previous assaults both on and off the pitch and is a liability where ever he goes. What I find amazing is that he is still employable based on this 

1 hour ago, BetterRedthenBlue said:

He is not just a stain on their club, he's a stain on the city of Bristol and a stain on football

He’s not a stain on Bristol. He’s not Bristolian and I don’t see why our City or our club should be tarnished because Bristol Rovers and their fans are terrible judges of character.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

On Gaschat somebody pointed out that he’s  had only one less court appearance than wins as manager!

Taking to one side JB the person, his record as manager at Rovers was awful, he had more than enough time to steady the ship last season if he was as good as he thinks/says he is, but spent 17 games or whatever it was blaming the previous managers, the players etc etc.

For Wael to then give him authority to sign players and start a new revolution seemed insane, as he certainly hasn’t proved he has the ability to do it.  His position now is surely untenable, the players will have no respect for him as a manager or a person.

Don’t see how they had respect for him in the first place. As soon as he came in he chucked everyone under a bus. As you said , wael has given him full control over the playing side. Yes his position is untenable but how can he sack him when he’s put all his eggs in a joey Barton basket. We thought we had problems ? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, INCRED said:

I think everyone in football knows what there is to know about JB, he obviously has a long list of previous assaults both on and off the pitch and is a liability where ever he goes. What I find amazing is that he is still employable based on this 

He's not. That's why he's ended up where he is..! 

If a former Premier league, high profile footballer ending up at Bristol Rovers isn't the metaphoric laying in the dog shite, at the bottom of a cesspit, then I'm not sure what is..?! 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I wonder why there is no coverage of this on the Bristol Live website? They have an article on how they are coping with the cancellation of the Swansea game, and that's about it.

Would it be the same silence if it was the Bristol City Manager involved?

There is. Its the headline story on the main page, posted 10.30pm last night. 

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-rovers-joey-barton-court-5696359

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Surely this idiot loses his job? And predictably I bet there are some Gas defending him

Innocent until proven guilty I suppose.  

Rovers should have suspended him though.

They probably have one eye on sacking him and then him being released without charge or found not guilty should it gets to court.  Fine line they have to tread.  And there's a threat of wrongful dismissal, compensation etc. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Probably worth bearing in mind that only this summer we also hired a player that was convicted of assaulting a woman...

Completely agree , our player has been convicted of the same crime. Barton hasn’t been convicted. The thing with Barton is how many chances does the guy get?

1 minute ago, daored said:

Completely agree , our player has been convicted of the same crime. Barton hasn’t been convicted. The thing with Barton is how many chances does the guy get?

What comes around eventually comes around. Any of you guys seen a programme filmed in OZ called the insiders.  Who needs a court.

7 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Probably worth bearing in mind that only this summer we also hired a player that was convicted of assaulting a woman...

I think everyone deserves a chance to turn their life around after ******* up. 

Barton has continually and repeatedly been involved in crime after crime after alleged crime. 

I don't think the 2 people are really a level comparison. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Surely this idiot loses his job? And predictably I bet there are some Gas defending him

So we could end up with Swindon; Manager and no players and Rovers players, but no Manager. A merger of mediocrity on the cards?

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, 22A said:

So we could end up with Swindon; Manager and no players and Rovers players, but no Manager. A merger of mediocrity on the cards?

Nooo we don't want anything to do with that shower of shite we're over the worst and now on the way up with a new owner, manager, CEO and director of football in place, new home and away kits, season ticket sale on sale, and players lined up for this week!

• Like 1

On the BBC Website

Footballer Joey Barton charged with attacking woman

Published
3 minutes ago
Joey BartonIMAGE COPYRIGHTGETTY IMAGES
image captionJoey Barton made more than 250 appearances in the Premier League

Former footballer Joey Barton is due in court charged with attacking and injuring a woman.

The 38-year-old, who manages League One side Bristol City, will appear at Wimbledon Magistrates' Court on Monday 26 July.

He played in the Premier League more than 250 times, for teams including Manchester City and Newcastle United.

He was arrested at an address in Kew on 2 June, bailed pending further enquiries, and subsequently charged.

Ambulance crews were not called to the property where the woman was attacked, police said.

The Metropolitan Police said in a statement: "Joseph Barton, 38, of Widnes, is charged with assault by beating.

"The charge relates to an incident which took place at a residential property in Kew on Wednesday 2 June in which a woman received a head injury".

Edited by Jersey Bristolian
add link