IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I haven’t a clue how the law applies to this, but it seems strange that someone could beat another person without any physical contact. On the other hand, it’s possible to assault a person verbally, or psychologically,  which can be just as bad 

Psychological damage falls under the same charge - and I agree, it can be just as bad, or in some cases have longer lasting damage. 

47 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

1. Look up the meaning of Straw Man Argument - I suggested this to a previous poster, but it would seem it applies equally to you.

2. Look up the meaning of ‘Assault by Beating’, the offence with which JB has been charged.

There is no suggestion or allegation that JB has beaten a woman, his wife or any other woman - apart from in The Sun and from some ill-informed posters on this thread.

So would I, but I don’t think you need to worry.

I consider it unlikely JB will be found guilty of ‘beating a woman’.

The correct offence is one of Battery.

Ultimately she has injuries, and this will be a case based no doubt, on the 999 call to emergency services; and the accounts of the ambulance and Police officers when they turned up. Backed up bybthe Body worn video they wear.

The fact that he was bailed, and subsequently charged means that the CPS by their own guidelines consider this is a case of a "realistic prospect of a conviction".

Given his previous convictions, which will form a part of a bad character application with the details of those offences read out in court. I find it highly likely that JB will in fact be found guilty.

The real question is why is he out on bail at present? He is currently on Crown Court bail for the other trial matter. That is under a surety that he won't commit other offences (thus removing the need for a remand in prison awaiting trial).

It will be interesting what position the Judge takes tomorrow.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

His wife is on social media saying that there has been no accusation from her or anyone else that JB has been physical or violent towards her.

Indeed it will be a treated as a victimless prosecution. As she has decided not to support the investigation by supplying a victim statement.

However the circumstances around the incident, and how the emergency services came to be at the address; allow for these prosecutions to take place.

It's there to protect vulnerable, intimidated victims that form the majority of DA victims.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RedRaw said:

Are you purposely ignoring every single media outlet, news broadcaster and internet site out there? No, just The Sun, Daily Mirror etc. 

Are you purposely ignoring the fact he is in court tomorrow charged with assault by beating? No, of course not.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-57960977.amp

I’m beginning to think you’re defending the guy I am not sure 'the guy' will have much of a defence: it just annoys me when uninformed or malicious media outlets accuse JB of attacking/beating up his wife when, from the limited evidence I have seen, the unfortunate woman (who may or may not have been his wife) who allegedly suffered injury was not attended to by the ambulance service nor did she wish to press charges, yet she has apparently been attacked/beaten up. I am not trying to trivialise the incident, but if such an event proves to have been simply hyped up for 'click bait' type responses and then turns out to have been 'nothing', then a more serious event in the future might not receive the serious attention it merits. 

52 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

His wife 

BD0EB671-BCE1-4D39-BABD-4F99EB39FD58.png

No accusation? Doesn't say it didn't happen then, just that no accusation has been made by her or anyone else. I would have thought she would have denied it happened rather than this rather strange statement that she hasn't accused him of anything.

He's a very, very silly boy.

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

No accusation? Doesn't say it didn't happen then, just that no accusation has been made her or anyone else. I would have thought she would have denied it happened rather than this rather strange statement that she hasn't accused him of anything.

He's a very, very silly boy.

She probably thought she deserved it     ?

• Hmmm 1

21 hours ago, Shaun Taylor said:

It won't be his fault just like all the other controversy he's been involved in?

It was those shit players that was recruited by my predecessors that got us relegated and built up the pressure, you know, the whole city just laughing at me....it was too much and I snapped !

It'll be something like that

PS, been out all day, just reading thread now, sorry if someone has posted similar .

• Admin
7 hours ago, walnutroof said:

Wouldn’t gross misconduct mean they wouldn’t owe him anything?

I maybe wrong, but I think gross misconduct would be something that is done during his employment, I would suspect, if convicted they can use reputational damage (and other clauses in his contract), but not gross misconduct.

11 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Gaschat being completely normal and comparing Joey’s actions with Adam Johnson’s - in turn normalising Johnson’s actions.

From a safeguarding expert no less

339F9307-B12F-45DF-B898-7F81C21D1950.jpeg

4AD081F1-5CA9-4464-953D-461D40E98B07.jpeg

If my child went to the school where they are in charge of safeguarding with that attitude I would be very worried.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Gaschat being completely normal and comparing Joey’s actions with Adam Johnson’s - in turn normalising Johnson’s actions.

From a safeguarding expert no less

339F9307-B12F-45DF-B898-7F81C21D1950.jpeg

4AD081F1-5CA9-4464-953D-461D40E98B07.jpeg

Wow! What a moron!

Apart from the fact that it was the BBC's helicopter that took the pictures of the raid on Cliff's house following a leak from the Yewtree team (and the police took no press along) his Adam Johnson statements show he knows nothing about the case.

Although all Johnson admitted was kissing the 15-year-old, he was actually found guilty of fingering her as well, and of grooming. His texts (which he told the girl to delete after reading them) made clear he wanted to have sex with her and set up a meeting for this to happen.

The Evans retrial is controversial (see the link), but at a minimum it paints a rather sordid picture of the player's personal life. It has hardly ruined his career though. He was in L1 when he was arrested and now he's playing in the Championship.  

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/oct/14/campaigners-fear-evans-case-will-stop-women-reporting

As for his claim, "everyone knows who Joey Barton is". Um, no, no, they don't.