IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

56 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Typical Saghead mentality.

”Haha LaNDSowNe wUz rONg haha evryone iz talKing abOuwt da GASSS get in thEre u bloooz”

B5B5249F-CC2F-4348-8B96-547A3DAA9AEC.jpeg

God they really are dense. Laughing at Lansdown because he didn’t have the imagination to foresee Wally being star struck by a criminal who has showed time and again that he doesn’t have the capacity to reform himself and would continue to allegedly commit offences when managing the mighty sags.

More than happy to let them have the limelight on this subject if they want.

Edited by GreedyHarry
Triple post

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Gaschat being completely normal and comparing Joey’s actions with Adam Johnson’s - in turn normalising Johnson’s actions.

From a safeguarding expert no less

339F9307-B12F-45DF-B898-7F81C21D1950.jpeg

4AD081F1-5CA9-4464-953D-461D40E98B07.jpeg

They have banned this poster and pretty quickly so fair enough. Awful post and views. 

Edited by Rebounder
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, NcnsBcfc said:

The correct offence is one of Battery. Indeed - Common assault (section 39, Criminal Justice Act 1988). 

As you are of course aware, there are three basic types of assault: Common Assault (with which JB has been charged), ABH and GBH, common assault being at the lower end of harm.

If violence is used in a common assault, it is called a “battery” and the perpetrator would be charged with “assault by beating”. This does not however, mean that the victim was actually ‘beaten up’ or even hit or kicked – it could be that they were pushed, grabbed or spat at. The victim may not therefore have suffered any physical injury, and if any injury was caused, it would need to be quite minor to fall under common assault.

Ultimately she has injuries for which no ambulance was required, and this will be a case based no doubt, on the 999 call to emergency services (No 999 call is mentioned in the Police statement - perhaps 111?); and the accounts of the ambulance and Police officers when they turned up. Backed up bybthe Body worn video they wear.

The fact that he was bailed, and subsequently charged means that the CPS by their own guidelines consider this is a case of a "realistic prospect of a conviction". Of Course.

Given his previous convictions, which will form a part of a bad character application with the details of those offences read out in court. I find it highly likely that JB will in fact be found guilty. Undoubtedly 'of bad character' ?

The real question is why is he out on bail at present? He is currently on Crown Court bail for the other trial matter. That is under a surety that he won't commit other offences (thus removing the need for a remand in prison awaiting trial). Indeed, and quite baffling. Tomorrow's judiciary comments will be very interesting.

It will be interesting what position the Judge takes tomorrow. Where will JB be sleeping tomorrow evening?

12 hours ago, Shaun Taylor said:

I maybe wrong but I'm pretty certain he wouldn't be pulling her if he never had money 

11 hours ago, Wiltshire robin said:

You are definitely not wrong

2 hours ago, weepywall said:

Punching well above his weight I would say...excuse the pun. 

I am pretty sure I read somewhere that they are ‘childhood sweethearts’.

22 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I think everyone deserves a chance to turn their life around after ******* up. 

Barton has continually and repeatedly been involved in crime after crime after alleged crime. 

I don't think the 2 people are really a level comparison. 

I agree that people should have a second chance , but the negative publicity received with the Simpson signing shows domestic abuse is rightly condemned (whether first, second or multiple occasions). In Barton’s defence he hasn’t been convicted of this, which Simpson has.

I do agree with your statement of how many chances do you give Barton, he’s clearly got anger management issues, regardless of the outcome of this court case. He was a ticking time bomb when appointed and I can’t recall any previous manager of a football club having two trials in quick succession for assault.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Banned User said:

I guees like alot of people maybe I jumped the gun-The questions I guess answer themselves as the players came. The Sun is a rag paper and not worth even reading.

I want JB to succeed 

I read his book "No Nonsense" and get why he had anger control problems.

What will happen if we have a bad start te crowd will turn so thats why i am not sure he should stay-I hope he dose and we get behind him

In a so called male dominated sport-

Premiership Players who played for England in the Euros had sex parties during lockdown-so is this abusing women

Wayne Rooney visited prostitutes-So is this abusing women

What happened between JB and his wife as she said private but someone for whatever reason felt it needed exposure.

With the up and coming Court Case re Stendell it seems very convenient 

It wuz those gurt tedz wurkin for da press dat leeked it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BrightCiderLife said:

4C68935C-7EE3-4081-AF9F-93E5EDFB5070.png

So he stays in his job for now, albeit see what happens at the next court appearance, I assume that’s before December?  His job as manager for me is completely untenable, guilty or not guilty, as soon as they hit a bad patch the pressure will tell, he will kick off and the wheels fall off.  I predict a brawl at training or after a game with JB in the middle of it.  An absolute car crash of an appointment on all levels

• Like 1

Imagine going to the Mem to play them (as an opposition manager, coach, physio), you would just have to wind him up for 90 minutes non stop, even get the whole bench involved. Only a matter of time before he loses it. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he clocks another player, manager etc etc this season as there will be some touchline bust ups and plenty will bring up this charge to his face.

Just now, Dogbert said:

So a summary is up on the Evening Standard site.

Apparently his defence is that his wife had been drinking heavily and was exaggerating when she called the police asking for him to be removed from the house after kicking her in the head.

Just about to post this.

Shocking incident. Obviously his wife is now trying to protect him but given she called the Police in the first place it’s hardly surprising that this has fortunately got to the point where he has to answer for this.

Disgusting thing to do irrespective of who he is or who he works for.

Some Gasheads have already suggested that this has just been made up by the Police to ‘get’ Barton, as if they sit there all day trying to plot some tinpot football clubs manager...

I don't pretend to know all the in's and out's with Bartons long list of Court appearances, probably more than Andy Murray recently. But from the bit's I've read, Stendel had facial injuries after a run in with Barton, who denied involvement . His wife had head injuries after a disagreement with Barton, who denies involvement . Could we all be wrong and Joey is just really, really, really unlucky and misunderstood ?

3 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Surely needs to be suspended by rovers. 

When clubs are struggling for money, even clubs with very rich owners with posh watches, I can understand why they don't suspend him. They would still have to pay him and it would mess up their relegation preparations . TBF he is still innocent as both cases are still pending. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I don't pretend to know all the in's and out's with Bartons long list of Court appearances, probably more than Andy Murray recently. But from the bit's I've read, Stendel had facial injuries after a run in with Barton, who denied involvement . His wife had head injuries after a disagreement with Barton, who denies involvement . Could we all be wrong and Joey is just really, really, really unlucky and misunderstood ?

Or he is just a complete ***. 

Edited by Red Army 75