IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

8 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Show me you’re guilty without saying you’re guilty 

CB8FB72B-9FBE-4F9C-95A2-CE12E41D0819.jpeg

The "greatly exaggerated" bit does make it appear like he is saying the incident happened but not as bad as it sounds. The CPS definition of assault by beating says

Provided there has been an intentional or reckless application of unlawful force the offence will have been committed, however slight the force.

From Ass-shat :

Former Premier League footballer Joey Barton is accused of grabbing his wife by the throat and kicking her in the head in a drunken row at a party, a court heard on Monday.

The 38-year-old, who is now managing League Two side Bristol Rovers, is accused of assaulting Georgia Barton outside a property in Kew, south-west London, on June 2.

Prosecutor Nahiedh Khan said Barton and his wife had travelled to London for a short break, and went to the home of friends for a small gathering.

“All parties were talking about a family-related matter when Mr Barton became quite angry about the topic of conversation”, she said.

“He grabbed the throat of Mrs Barton, and this caused her to move backwards, falling to the floor.

“Once on the floor, he is then said to have kicked her in the head, resulting in a half golf ball sized bruise on the right side of her temple.

“She can’t remember what happened directly, but afterwards she got up and realised her nose was bleeding.”

The court heard Mrs Barton called the police and asked for her “intoxicated” husband to be removed from the property.

Appearing via videolink at Wimbledon magistrates court, Barton, wearing shorts and T-shirt, pleaded not guilty to assault by beating.

The court was told he denies being violent towards his wife, suggesting she had been “drinking heavily” and had “greatly exaggerated” the incident.

Neither Mrs Barton nor the two friends are expected to be witnesses in the case.

Announcing the charge, Scotland Yard said: “Joseph Barton, of Widnes, is due to appear on bail on Monday 26 July at Wimbledon magistrates court charged with assault by beating.

“The charge relates to an incident which took place at a residential property in Kew on Wednesday 2 June in which a woman received a head injury. London Ambulance Service did not attend.”

Barton was on police bail after his initial arrest on the day of the alleged attack, but news of the case did not emerge until this weekend.

The former midfielder made one appearance for England and played for Manchester City and Newcastle during his playing career. He became Fleetwood Town manager in 2018, and switched to Bristol Rovers in February this year.

Richard Derby, defending, said: “The issues in this case are, categorically, this incident did not happen. There was no assault.”

Barton, from Widnes, denies assault by beating. He was released on unconditional bail until his trial at Wimbledon magistrates court on December 16.

A further case management hearing has been set for November 17.

I know the hearing was by videolink; but doesn't it say something about how serious Barton is taking this by wearing shorts and tee shirt ? You would expect at least a collar and tie, and certainly not shorts ? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

When clubs are struggling for money, even clubs with very rich owners with posh watches, I can understand why they don't suspend him. They would still have to pay him and it would mess up their relegation preparations . TBF he is still innocent as both cases are still pending. 

But still an allegation of kicking his wife in the head. It really is a terrible accusation and to be associated with that is very damaging 

If you've got a significant amount of time to spare, here is a link to a summary of Barton's previous misdemeanours. 

From numerous training ground bust ups, to an incredible number of Red cards for violet conduct, to stubbing a cigar out in a youth team players eye, to attacking members of the public, numerous arrests, charges and sentences passed on him, to inflammatory remarks and public spats with fellow professionals.... 

How any football club could even consider appointing him as manager of their club is beyond belief..! 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9114297/Joey-Bartons-incredible-rap-sheet-sacking-Fleetwood-Town.html

Edited by Bar BS3

Just now, Bar BS3 said:

If you've got a significant amount of time to spare, here is a link to a summary of Barton's previous misdemeanours. 

From numerous training ground bust ups, to an incredible number of Red cards for violet conduct, to stubbing a cigar out in a youth team players eye, to attacking members of the public, numerous arrests, charges and sentences passed on him, to inflammatory remarks and public spats with fellow professionals.... 

How any football club could even consider appointing him as manager of their club is beyond belief..! 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9114297/Joey-Bartons-incredible-rap-sheet-sacking-Fleetwood-Town.html

It is astonishing. I read a thread were rovers fans were destroying him whilst he was Fleetwood manager. Every expletive if you could think of. Then he becomes there manager and he is seen as a god. Not by all I may add . The bloke needs serious help to control his anger. Has no place managing in football

All I will say is if my missus phoned the Police during a party and told them I kicked her in the head and that was a completely fabricated story because she just wanted to get at me for some reason or simply because she was pissed out of her mind then she wouldn't be my missus for very long........and I certainly would not be living with her by the time my first Court appearance came along.

The poster yesterday who gave us the plausible story outlining how it could all have been a crazy mistake (I'm completely guessing he is a Solicitor who has experience of these scenario's) would probably have been better off ignoring the thread..............

@PHILINFRANCEthe Police and CPS are of the opinion (that's all it is right now but presumably they believe they have the evidence to nail Barton) that JB KICKED HIS WIFE IN THE HEAD.......where I come from that's called wife beating, I know you were questioning my semantics yesterday but that's what it is to any sane person.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

It is astonishing. I read a thread were rovers fans were destroying him whilst he was Fleetwood manager. Every expletive if you could think of. Then he becomes there manager and he is seen as a god. Not by all I may add . The bloke needs serious help to control his anger. Has no place managing in football

What is possibly even more baffling, is that surely its a great opportunity for them to even just pretend to take the morale high ground and call for his head - not because they condem his (alleged) actions, but because he's been worse than dire as their manager..! 

Yet they actually seem to rate the bloke..! 

He doesn't even stack up well against Ben Garner FFS..! 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

What is possibly even more baffling, is that surely its a great opportunity for them to even just pretend to take the morale high ground and call for his head - not because they condem his (alleged) actions, but because he's been worse than dire as their manager..! 

Yet they actually seem to rate the bloke..! 

He doesn't even stack up well against Ben Garner FFS..! 

Plus Ben Garner isn't a thug!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

you wouldnt want him as your neighbour would you

• Like 2

'Grabbed her by the throat and kicked her in the head'

The alleged incident is said to have took place at a gathering in Kew, south-west London, on June 2, which Barton attended with his wife Georgia.

The court heard Barton allegedly grabbed her by the throat and kicked her in the head during an altercation outside the property, where they had been with two friends.

She was also left with a bloody nose following the incident.

Barton has denied the charge and will stand trial in December.

Just now, myol'man said:

'Grabbed her by the throat and kicked her in the head'

The alleged incident is said to have took place at a gathering in Kew, south-west London, on June 2, which Barton attended with his wife Georgia.

The court heard Barton allegedly grabbed her by the throat and kicked her in the head during an altercation outside the property, where they had been with two friends.

She was also left with a bloody nose following the incident.

Barton has denied the charge and will stand trial in December.

IMG_3834.JPG

IMG_3835.PNG

36 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

His Mrs sounds like a delightful character aswell then..! 

Match made in heaven, and perfectly suited to his current workplace. 

You would think that Social Services would be making a visit to the Barton's to find out where the "children" were during this incident and, given that Mr Barton is either going to be found to be a wife beater or Mrs Barton a liar who phones the Police with greatly exaggerated accounts causing her husband to defend himself in court, whether there potentially is any degree of future harm that could affect them. This sort of stuff gets children living on Council Estates or in Suburbs put on "At Risk Registers" so living in Kew shouldn't make any difference?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

You would think that Social Services would be making a visit to the Barton's to find out where the "children" were during this incident and, given that Mr Barton is either going to be found to be a wife beater or Mrs Barton a liar who phones the Police with greatly exaggerated accounts causing her husband to defend himself in court, whether there potentially is any degree of future harm that could affect them. This sort of stuff gets children living on Council Estates or in Suburbs put on "At Risk Registers" so living in Kew shouldn't make any difference?

Well quite, if the alleged incident didn't take place, then the person (whomever that is) that made the call should be prosecuted for wasting police time.

This won't just go away because his wife says it didn't happen!!

The bloke should have been banned from having any involvement in football on any level, after the cigar events at Man City.

His managerial career is just another example of how someone with a name can keep getting a job.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Taz said:

Well quite, if the alleged incident didn't take place, then the person (whomever that is) that made the call should be prosecuted for wasting police time.

This won't just go away because his wife says it didn't happen!!

The bloke should have been banned from having any involvement in football on any level, after the cigar events at Man City.

His managerial career is just another example of how someone with a name can keep getting a job.

It's amazing how people forget about the most important people in all this..........it's the job of Social Services not to!!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, IdliketoRogerMoore said:

Bullies young lads, women and men who are not used to having a row! I’m 6”2 and we’ll built! I’d snap him like a ******* Kit Kat! 

Shall we have a whip round to cover your expenses?

• Like 1