IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

16 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Thanks for that summary - very informative.

It seems that both parties were intoxicated - would have that any bearing on the validity of what either one of them said at the time?

Do you know - good question - I’m not sure but I think everyone would prefer if no one were intoxicated. 

39 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Do you know - good question - I’m not sure but I think everyone would prefer if no one were intoxicated. 

Absolutely!  Must be difficult if you get called to a situation and both parties are four sheets to the wind.  Couldn't do your job for even one day. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

What do you want to happen ITN. How do you feel about it 

A bit shell shocked really.  If he'd taken a swing at a bloke in a social situation, to be honest, I wouldn't have been that surprised - although I have tried to give him the benefit of the doubt with regards to being a reformed character (sort of).  This is a whole different level for me - I am trying to remain open minded until everything is out in the public arena, and both sides have been heard.  Obviously something happened, but, with alcohol involved, either account could be a bit inacurate. 

I want justice to be served correctly, whichever way the hammer falls.  If our manager is found guilty of this, then of course he's out of the door straight away.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, In the Net said:

A bit shell shocked really.  If he'd taken a swing at a bloke in a social situation, to be honest, I wouldn't have been that surprised - although I have tried to give him the benefit of the doubt with regards to being a reformed character (sort of).  This is a whole different level for me - I am trying to remain open minded until everything is out in the public arena, and both sides have been heard.  Obviously something happened, but, with alcohol involved, either account could be a bit inacurate. 

I want justice to be served correctly, whichever way the hammer falls.  If our manager is found guilty of this, then of course he's out of the door straight away.

With his other court case hanging over him also .Should he be suspended 

26 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Out of interest... What was your stance when it became apparent, beyond any reasonable doubt, that Darrell wanked off dogs as a pass time..?

Was that OK, because no harm was done, or did you feel that was a tad inappropriate..? 

Edited by Bar BS3
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

With his other court case hanging over him also .Should he be suspended 

I'm sort of 50/50 on this one.

There doesn't appear to have been any sort of Court Order preventing him from being at the family home.  Regardless of what did or didn't happen, there's bound to be stress within the family - a bit left field, but I think it's healthier for all concerned for him to be occupied in Bristol for the majority of the week at the moment.

If he's suspended, how would that affect his relationship with the Board if an "innocent" verdict was the outcome?

I also don't know enough about employment law in these situations.  Would be just Rovers' luck to suspend him and then find themselves up before an employment tribunal - it's the sort of the thing we do! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, !james said:

https://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/2021/july/joey-barton-statement-update/

What a ******* awful statement. Victimless crime?! 

Seems a strange thing for the Crown Prosecutor to say, but I guess he knows the law better than most of us (you'd hope so anyway!)

Just now, phantom said:

Never want to back the blue few but they are quoting someone else 

Hush - you're spoiling their moment of superiority! 

1 minute ago, In the Net said:

Seems a strange thing for the Crown Prosecutor to say, but I guess he knows the law better than most of us (you'd hope so anyway!)

Hush - you're spoiling their moment of superiority! 

I read it as its a victimless crime as in the wife who was allegedly assaulted won't give evidence or if she did give a statement may withdraw it. So the police and CPS will report it and try to gain a conviction in spite of the 'victim' 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, !james said:

I read it as its a victimless crime as in the wife who was allegedly assaulted won't give evidence or if she did give a statement may withdraw it. So the police and CPS will report it and try to gain a conviction in spite of the 'victim' 

Ah - that makes sense.  So nobody is actually saying that there wasn't a victim. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

Never want to back the blue few but they are quoting someone else 

But by quoting the bizzare statement, they are attempting to down play the alleged incident.

Clearly something went on, someone witnessed someone grabbing the neck and kick to head, someone phoned the police, someone ended up with an injury, Barton has already used ‘alcohol’ and ‘exaggeration’ as an excuse.

just because someone hasn’t formally made a claim of assault doesn’t mean it didn’t happen 

• Like 1

I got attacked last weekend, by someone close to me, I was never asked to press charges or drop any, they didn’t ask for a statement but they saw my injuries were severe enough to charge the person with a custodial caution for assault, as he admitted to it, he has no previous but has to do an alcohol awareness course in due course because of it if he misses that, it’s a bloody zoom meeting ffs, it’ll go to court

Just now, GlastonburyRed said:

I can’t imagine that statement will stay in place for long, but at the very least they could have gone for ‘victim not supporting the prosecution’ rather than ‘victimless crime’. That phrase is, understandably, like a red rag to a bull for many involved in domestic abuse campaigning. 

Post have removed the victimless crime line on the advice of their lawyers. 

22 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Oh my god. You just cannot make this shit up. 

I might be biased by my job, but take it from me, this is so completely Tin pot and amateurish it’s untrue. 

Incredible stuff. As if they actually wrote that!!!!

138B6487-E27D-4CD2-897E-381E54CF2FF7.jpeg

I was under the impression that his Mrs had phones 999 claiming to have been kicked in the head by JB. 

I think we've all jumped the gun somewhat here and it now appears that JB was just unfortunate that whilst out with his wife, police officers, for no reason, without any claim of such action, decided to go door knocking in the hope of bumping into JB, at which time they were going to accuse him of having kicked his wife in the head. 

It all seems a tad harsh now, as that (according to BRFC) appears to be exactly how it played out..!