IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

6 minutes ago, TheReds said:

What a lovely man. They will now all flock back in their tens of thousands for their first home game.

TBF he has said he is gone if found guilty, and that is for both charges St Joey is up for.

The proof of the pudding will be in the eating and all that....He's gone on record now.  If Jailbird is found guilty on either charge, and remains with the club then this will come back and bite him. 

I would say that he's more likely to be found guilty on the Stendel case because of this now.  It's only human nature that people on the jury will have this incident in the back of their minds when deciding guilt in that one, even though they shouldn't allow it to influence their decision.

*Edit* What I would say though is that the words are rather hollow given that Jailbird's got a well documented history of proven violence and Wally still offered him a job.

Edited by Steve Watts
  • Like 3
  • Flames 2

5 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

The proof of the pudding will be in the eating and all that....He's gone on record now.  If Jailbird is found guilty on either charge, and remains with the club then this will come back and bite him. 

I would say that he's more likely to be found guilty on the Stendel case because of this now.  It's only human nature that people on the jury will have this incident in the back of their minds when deciding guilt in that one, even though they shouldn't allow it to influence their decision.

*Edit* What I would say though is that the words are rather hollow given that Jailbird's got a well documented history of proven violence and Wally still offered him a job.

This 1000% 

13 minutes ago, TheReds said:

What a lovely man. They will now all flock back in their tens of thousands for their first home game.

TBF he has said he is gone if found guilty, and that is for both charges St Joey is up for.

He also said they would be in their new stadium in 2 years, 2 years ago.

Let's hope he stands by his word this time.

18 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Firstly, I think it is really important to confirm that as a club we stand firmly against any form of violence. 

Bit weird that.

So why did they appoint Barton in the first place knowing he has two criminal convictions for violence?

• Like 9

19 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Club President Wael Al Qadi has today penned an open letter to supporters...

Dear Gasheads, 

I have been here with you now for nearly five and a half years. I hope that through that time you have seen and felt my passion for this club, my openness with supporters and my understanding of the emotions that you feel on a day-to-day basis. 

We have a diverse fanbase, as was celebrated in our recent kit launch campaign and all supporters are welcome at The Mem to enjoy watching our club together.

However, the past four days have been tough for us all and I have seen first-hand that there is division within the fanbase which is not what we want heading into a new season.

Firstly, I think it is really important to confirm that as a club we stand firmly against any form of violence. Any individual that is found guilty of any such offences will be dismissed immediately. I understand the concerns expressed by a number of you. However, in line with the basic principles of British law, it is my view that you are innocent until proven guilty. 

I have seen and understand the response to the statement that was released last night. Given that this is a legal matter, what we can and can’t say as a club is heavily restricted. That said, I think it is important that some context is given to the comment regarding victimless crimes as I know that has caused some distress. The phrase is a legal term referring to cases in which the victim is either unknown or has not made a complaint/engaged with the police enquiries. We in no way meant to belittle charges of domestic abuse. 

I know that this may have been misinterpreted in the statement last night and I wholeheartedly apologise to anyone that was offended. 

As has been well publicised we are partners with the team at HerGameToo and continue to play an active role in supporting that initiative. Furthermore, before we were aware of this issue we agreed last week to support a Domestic Violence campaign which we will continue to do heading into the new season. In addition, in 2018 we partnered with the Southmead Project who provide free counselling and support for survivors of abuse and addiction across Bristol and surrounding areas. All of these causes are at the heart of our football club and we will continue to do all we can to support those in need. 

This period will have undoubtedly strained relationships, however, I hope that we can retain your trust and confidence as we look to continue to build the club and support our wider community.  

I hope that you can all join me in getting behind the team this season, we need your support now more than ever.

FTG 

Wael

Club President

Bristol Rovers Football Club

I take it he didn't actually type FTG  

:) 

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Club President Wael Al Qadi has today penned an open letter to supporters...

Dear Gasheads, 

I have been here with you now for nearly five and a half years. I hope that through that time you have seen and felt my passion for this club, my openness with supporters and my understanding of the emotions that you feel on a day-to-day basis. 

We have a diverse fanbase, as was celebrated in our recent kit launch campaign and all supporters are welcome at The Mem to enjoy watching our club together.

However, the past four days have been tough for us all and I have seen first-hand that there is division within the fanbase which is not what we want heading into a new season.

Firstly, I think it is really important to confirm that as a club we stand firmly against any form of violence. Any individual that is found guilty of any such offences will be dismissed immediately. I understand the concerns expressed by a number of you. However, in line with the basic principles of British law, it is my view that you are innocent until proven guilty. 

I have seen and understand the response to the statement that was released last night. Given that this is a legal matter, what we can and can’t say as a club is heavily restricted. That said, I think it is important that some context is given to the comment regarding victimless crimes as I know that has caused some distress. The phrase is a legal term referring to cases in which the victim is either unknown or has not made a complaint/engaged with the police enquiries. We in no way meant to belittle charges of domestic abuse. 

I know that this may have been misinterpreted in the statement last night and I wholeheartedly apologise to anyone that was offended. 

As has been well publicised we are partners with the team at HerGameToo and continue to play an active role in supporting that initiative. Furthermore, before we were aware of this issue we agreed last week to support a Domestic Violence campaign which we will continue to do heading into the new season. In addition, in 2018 we partnered with the Southmead Project who provide free counselling and support for survivors of abuse and addiction across Bristol and surrounding areas. All of these causes are at the heart of our football club and we will continue to do all we can to support those in need. 

This period will have undoubtedly strained relationships, however, I hope that we can retain your trust and confidence as we look to continue to build the club and support our wider community.  

I hope that you can all join me in getting behind the team this season, we need your support now more than ever.

FTG 

Wael

Club President

Bristol Rovers Football Club

That'll calm the masses.  All hail Wael.  

No room for manoeuvre there, Barton is gone should there be a guilty verdict in either case. 

2 minutes ago, Super said:

Sounds like the club was unaware of the charge until last week.

And if they were unaware. Doesn't it show Barton in an even worse light (if that is possible). The incident happened June 2nd I think so you'd think that he would give the Wael of Misfortune a heads up? 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Exactly this. Repeated acts of violence in differing situations didn't stop them employing him in the first place. 

So to say that anyone found guilty of it will be dismissed, seems a bit odd. 

It's not been a one off, which has led to him being a reformed character - he's a repeat offender, so Weal has made himself look a bit daft there. 

24 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

The last para sums it up perfectly 

As much as we enjoy taking the piss out of them, that statement and Wael's follow up is simply not funny in any way. It's horrendous, irresponsible and dangerous.

To trot out bland platitudes such as the club is against violence in any form when they've employed someone with convictions and pending charges for violence, beggars belief. 

Still what do you expect if the owner is a man-child.

Embarrassing. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

The jury will be asked if they've heard of Barton and if they had any opinions about him, before being selected.  The original jury was discharged and a new one will be selected for trial in November.

We have to bear in mind that not everyone is a football fan and it would be quite possible to select 12 people from a typical juror pool who've never heard of him.

25 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

He also said they would be in their new stadium in 2 years, 2 years ago.

Let's hope he stands by his word this time.

Hang on, give the guy a chance, he said that on 03/08/2019 so he still has a week to make good on that statement. :) 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

The jury will be asked if they've heard of Barton and if they had any opinions about him, before being selected.  The original jury was discharged and a new one will be selected for trial in November.

We have to bear in mind that not everyone is a football fan and it would be quite possible to select 12 people from a typical juror pool who've never heard of him.

Saying 'yeah, the vile, scummy, wife beating, cigar stubbing gas bastard' wouldn't be ideal then? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, !james said:

Bit weird that.

So why did they appoint Barton in the first place knowing he has two criminal convictions for violence?

I'm guessing stubbing out your fag on a young player's eye just doesn't reach the bar set for violence at their club. 

Edited by robin_unreliant
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, robin_unreliant said:

I'm guessing stubbing out your fag on a young player's eye just doesn't reach the bar set for violence at their club. 

I believe it was a cigar.Joey just oozes doesn't he.

Just now, Slacker said:

I believe it was a cigar.Joey just oozes class doesn't he.

Just now, Slacker said:

Just now, Slacker said:

I believe it was a cigar.Joey just oozes class doesn't he.

wael makes no sense at all,  if you don't tolerate violence why employ the little shite in the first place.

a dad that runs down dogs 

a brother that kills someone

and joey himself who has more convictions than vinny jones had bookings.

joey barton is a sad little man than should be no where near bristol let alone running a football club.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, big dosser said:

wael makes no sense at all,  if you don't tolerate violence why employ the little shite in the first place.

a dad that runs down dogs 

a brother that kills someone

and joey himself who has more convictions than vinny jones had bookings.

joey barton is a sad little man than should be no where near bristol let alone running a football club.

Joey Barton should not have his career hampered because of the actions of his relatives. 

He manages perfectly well on his own..! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4