IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, TheReds said:

TBF he has said he is gone if found guilty, and that is for both charges St Joey is up for.

He'll walk before all that happens though won't he?

(But I wouldn't like to be the last Sag employee he passes just before he walks out of the door!)

Edited by 42nite

3 hours ago, supercidered said:

I take it he didn't actually type FTG  

:) 

Oh I dunno.

They seem to have a habit of shooting themselves in both feet.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Wally suddenly decided that ‘forever the Gas’ is their new club motto without consulting anyone.

0-0 so far against Havant and Waterlooville.

Someone taking the piss on their little closed shop forum;

"Massive turnout of fans watching live at the Mem, must be at least 150-200. 
Fortunately I couldn't go so watching on IFollow."

38 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

0-0 so far against Havant and Waterlooville.

Someone taking the piss on their little closed shop forum;

"Massive turnout of fans watching live at the Mem, must be at least 150-200. 
Fortunately I couldn't go so watching on IFollow."

Ended 0-0 against a Conference South outfit, at the Mem too. Meltdown on slaggychat incoming............

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

Sounds riveting!

I notice they had less at HOME than we took to Argyle and we played 2 games.

Coming for us, nemesis (?),watch them from the pavement, faithful and true blues etc etc.

One of the Throbbers over at North Korea Forum is claiming there were around 800 there now..........

5 hours ago, Gazred said:

Club President Wael Al Qadi has today penned an open letter to supporters...

Dear Gasheads, 

I have been here with you now for nearly five and a half years. I hope that through that time you have seen and felt my passion for this club, my openness with supporters and my understanding of the emotions that you feel on a day-to-day basis. 

We have a diverse fanbase, as was celebrated in our recent kit launch campaign and all supporters are welcome at The Mem to enjoy watching our club together.

However, the past four days have been tough for us all and I have seen first-hand that there is division within the fanbase which is not what we want heading into a new season.

Firstly, I think it is really important to confirm that as a club we stand firmly against any form of violence. Any individual that is found guilty of any such offences will be dismissed immediately. I understand the concerns expressed by a number of you. However, in line with the basic principles of British law, it is my view that you are innocent until proven guilty. 

I have seen and understand the response to the statement that was released last night. Given that this is a legal matter, what we can and can’t say as a club is heavily restricted. That said, I think it is important that some context is given to the comment regarding victimless crimes as I know that has caused some distress. The phrase is a legal term referring to cases in which the victim is either unknown or has not made a complaint/engaged with the police enquiries. We in no way meant to belittle charges of domestic abuse. 

I know that this may have been misinterpreted in the statement last night and I wholeheartedly apologise to anyone that was offended. 

As has been well publicised we are partners with the team at HerGameToo and continue to play an active role in supporting that initiative. Furthermore, before we were aware of this issue we agreed last week to support a Domestic Violence campaign which we will continue to do heading into the new season. In addition, in 2018 we partnered with the Southmead Project who provide free counselling and support for survivors of abuse and addiction across Bristol and surrounding areas. All of these causes are at the heart of our football club and we will continue to do all we can to support those in need. 

This period will have undoubtedly strained relationships, however, I hope that we can retain your trust and confidence as we look to continue to build the club and support our wider community.  

I hope that you can all join me in getting behind the team this season, we need your support now more than ever.

FTG 

Wael

Club President

Bristol Rovers Football Club

Tbf I thought that victimless crime comment was obvious as to the context, though may have been better left unsaid

The comments about violence are odd, he’s been convicted at least twice of violent crimes and his career is littered with violence. If that’s their stance and their values why did they employ him in the first place?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Tbf I thought that victimless crime comment was obvious as to the context, though may have been better left unsaid

The comments about violence are odd, he’s been convicted at least twice of violent crimes and his career is littered with violence. If that’s their stance and their values why did they employ him in the first place?

This saga is Ragbag Rovers all over. 

Wael rightly tried to address the storm the initial statement created. The initial statement was either, at best, just clumsy - which is horrendous given the serious nature of the accusation - or, at worst, an attempt to muddy the waters for the benefit of Barton.

So a simple statement required, withdrawing the initial statement, saying no further comment until case is heard.

But no, Rovers just go on and dig another hole for themselves. The issue becomes contradiction between intent and actions. Barton has already been convicted of violence in separate cases. How does Wael justify his appointment of Barton if he now considers a conviction for violence results in instant dismissal?

1 hour ago, MarcusX said:

Why focus on that point when apparently not wanting to make any comment though? I think they didn't fully understand what that meant and used it to suggest that no crime took place. Regardless they knew the implication of what they said and wanted to throw doubt on the case though apparently didn't want to comment. 

4 hours ago, Rebounder said:

Why focus on that point when apparently not wanting to make any comment though? I think they didn't fully understand what that meant and used it to suggest that no crime took place. Regardless they knew the implication of what they said and wanted to throw doubt on the case though apparently didn't want to comment. 

Yep. Definite weasel words.

8 hours ago, Rebounder said:

Indeed. “As the matter is sub-judice (judiciacal/Judy Tzuke/ etc etc) we hope supporters will understand that we cannot comment further at this stage”. There ya go Wally, my Invoice for £2.10 (gentlemen ALWAYS Charge in Guineas) is in the post. 

• Haha 1