IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

From a purely footballing POV, do we really want him removed as he's already dragging their reputation even lower than a caterpillar's balls and is doing a fine job at being a bloody hopeless Manager?

Just trying to lighten the mood and abhor violence, especially to the fairer sex. Like the vast majority of supporters of a certain age, I've been married for many, many, many years and it has never even crossed my mind to raise a hand to my dearly beloved / owner of half my house and pensions.

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

It looks like the Gas are sniffing around Brett Pittman along with Exeter but they don't realise he's never fit and didn't think they liked ex Bristol City players?

Why would anyone sign for a Manager that may well get the bullet in a few weeks time?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

It looks like the Gas are sniffing around Brett Pittman along with Exeter but they don't realise he's never fit and didn't think they liked ex Bristol City players?

You're joking. They're always snifing round our cast offs*

*when they're not sniffing round bins.

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

From a purely footballing POV, do we really want him removed as he's already dragging their reputation even lower than a caterpillar's balls and is doing a fine job at being a bloody hopeless Manager?

Just trying to lighten the mood and abhor violence, especially to the fairer sex. Like the vast majority of supporters of a certain age, I've been married for many, many, many years and it has never even crossed my mind to raise a hand to my dearly beloved / owner of half my house and pensions.

Absolutely not, keep him in place, then get rid at the most inconvenient time, maximizing damage (on and off the field). Hopefully, when they do get rid, they'll bungle it, resulting in a protracted lawsuit, ending with a huge legal bill and massive reputational damage.

Other than that, I wish them the best of luck! :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

My pet caterpillar has asked me to inform you that he resents the comparison of R*vers plight with his gonads. He would prefer that you use the term 'Millipede's Manbag' from now on. Thanks.

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, Scrumpty said:

Absolutely not, keep him in place, then get rid at the most inconvenient time, maximizing damage (on and off the field). Hopefully, when they do get rid, they'll bungle it, resulting in a protracted lawsuit, ending with a huge legal bill and massive reputational damage.

Other than that, I wish them the best of luck! :)

They have a reputation to damage.....?!?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Shaun Taylor said:

They don’t like them because they always score against them - last season it was almost comical how many of our former players stuck the knife into them.

Ruth Davison, Refuge's chief executive, said: "Bristol Rovers' average attendance pre-Covid was 8,320. If that was compromised entirely of women, at least 2,080 would have experienced domestic abuse at an average game.

Blimey, over 2,000 gas girls are abused every home match ?

1 hour ago, RiverRed said:

My pet caterpillar has asked me to inform you that he resents the comparison of R*vers plight with his gonads. He would prefer that you use the term 'Millipede's Manbag' from now on. Thanks.

I was going to take it further and make a reference to a mature female caterpillar.

But the only word I could think of after chrysalis would see me get the THUNDER ban (again).

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Why would anyone sign for a Manager that may well get the bullet in a few weeks time?

Depends if they want a couple of years worth of contract I guess. If they aren’t particular bothered if they play or not if it’s offered they will naturally sign.

7 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

And kicks women in the head by all accounts too.  I just can't understand why he has been released on bail again as he is clearly a danger to the public with a criminal conviction and pending two further cases of assault.  It seems that the bloke is never going to learn how to behave.

If they have enough evidence to bring a prosecution without his wife's involvement, I presume they also had enough evidence to decide whether any sort of restraining order needed to be issued at the time.  The police do not take domestic violence lightly - maybe @Fordy62 could advise on procedures?

2 hours ago, myol'man said:

Ruth Davison, Refuge's chief executive, said: "Bristol Rovers' average attendance pre-Covid was 8,320. If that was compromised entirely of women, at least 2,080 would have experienced domestic abuse at an average game.

Blimey, over 2,000 gas girls are abused every home match ?

Don’t think the final comment was necessary. It belittles a serious subject. I know both men and women who have been domestically abused , most are either too concerned for their family/children or embarrassed to do anything about it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sturny said:

Wael Al Qadi: “As a club we stand firmly against any form of violence. Any individual that is found guilty of any such offences will be dismissed immediately... However, in line with the basic principles of British law, it is my view that you are innocent until proven guilty”

Stand against any form violence? Is that why you hired a manager who assasults other managers? 

Pot and kettle springs to mind - there are probably a lot of clubs who don't always practice what they preach, which is unfortunate.

Women's Aid swiftly announced it would be removing City from all materials related to the Football United campaign, expressing its concern that Simpson will "be a role model for young fans and team-mates", adding: "In 2014 Bristol City signed our Football United pledge to say ‘We will send a clear message in our club that violence against women and children is completely unacceptable’, it sadly seems that in 2021 that this is not the case."

17 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Pot and kettle springs to mind - there are probably a lot of clubs who don't always practice what they preach, which is unfortunate.

Women's Aid swiftly announced it would be removing City from all materials related to the Football United campaign, expressing its concern that Simpson will "be a role model for young fans and team-mates", adding: "In 2014 Bristol City signed our Football United pledge to say ‘We will send a clear message in our club that violence against women and children is completely unacceptable’, it sadly seems that in 2021 that this is not the case."

I agree with the decision that the charity made, but equally I agree with the fact the debt to society has been met by the guilty.

It leaves me feeling quite conflicted.

I probably work with people who have been found guilty of drink driving, and in the many thousands of people I work with there is bound to be someone who has been directly impacted by the actions of someone drunk behind the wheel.

I'm not sure where the role you do should be an additional punishment vs the fines and time you might also be (rightfully) given by a court.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, E.G.Red said:

Don’t think the final comment was necessary. It belittles a serious subject. I know both men and women who have been domestically abused , most are either too concerned for their family/children or embarrassed to do anything about it.

Point taken. 

Just highlighted the poor reporting of the statement 

32 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I agree with the decision that the charity made, but equally I agree with the fact the debt to society has been met by the guilty.

It leaves me feeling quite conflicted.

I probably work with people who have been found guilty of drink driving, and in the many thousands of people I work with there is bound to be someone who has been directly impacted by the actions of someone drunk behind the wheel.

I'm not sure where the role you do should be an additional punishment vs the fines and time you might also be (rightfully) given by a court.

I'm not totally happy with the idea of somebody losing their employment, or the opportunity of future employment - I would imagine it could exacerbate the issues they have.  Also, would a milkman or Tesco delivery driver lose their job for the same offence?  I think that footballers do have some "role model" status on the pitch, as kids who play football will try and copy what their heroes do.  Off the field, parents and family should be the role models, and, anyway, I'm not sure the majority of kids would decide to commit a crime because a footballer has done so.

Great to see fans of both teams donating money for the refuge appeal.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, In the Net said:

At the time, Danny Simpson’s ex made a statement that the charity didn’t reach out to her to discuss the situation (I don’t know if she contacted them). It made me think that the charity weren’t interested in reconciliation and resolution of the situation, only retribution. They didn’t care about his child.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, In the Net said:

If they have enough evidence to bring a prosecution without his wife's involvement, I presume they also had enough evidence to decide whether any sort of restraining order needed to be issued at the time.  The police do not take domestic violence lightly - maybe @Fordy62 could advise on procedures?

Although a prosecution can be victimless, I don’t think you can have a non willing restraining order. It wouldn’t work because there’d be no applicant. 

3 hours ago, In the Net said:

Although a prosecution can be victimless, I don’t think you can have a non willing restraining order. It wouldn’t work because there’d be no applicant. 

• Like 1