IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Driving across Bodmin Moor this morning I got stuck behind a load of hobby cyclists swerving all over the road and not giving way. Imagine my surprise when I saw that two of them were bedecked in Da Famuzzzz Quarters.

I was ******* tempted to put them in the ditch it has to be said but just stuck to shouting `gashead *******` out of my window as I passed them.

Brightened up a dull working day if nothing else.

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Banned User said:

Spraying Bristol Rovers, this week, has to be the stupidest time to ever do it ?

I predict if you go out this weekend you’ll see a few more Gas shirts than normal. These things bring them out of the woodwork....genuinely don’t know why? Some sort of “prowed to be Gas NO MATTA WOT” mentality.

Not proud enough to actually go to a ******* match mind.

7 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Driving across Bodmin Moor this morning I got stuck behind a load of hobby cyclists swerving all over the road and not giving way. Imagine my surprise when I saw that two of them were bedecked in Da Famuzzzz Quarters.

I was ******* tempted to put them in the ditch it has to be said but just stuck to shouting `gashead *******` out of my window as I passed them.

Well done LR! I was always told to never miss an opportunity...?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

13 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Did you look in your mirrors for any hand gestures after?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

So the beast of Bodmin may not be a myth after all!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I predict if you go out this weekend you’ll see a few more Gas shirts than normal. These things bring them out of the woodwork....genuinely don’t know why? Some sort of “prowed to be Gas NO MATTA WOT” mentality.

Not proud enough to actually go to a ******* match mind.

Been working in Kingswood all week havent seen one yet, seen some city ones though.

41 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Had a similar problem this morning 

image.thumb.png.ab229962b2a3b72b897dd0caa85699b0.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

1 minute ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Pitman a good signing for them. Mental we cast him off about 5+ years ago. 

Indeed! Was a big fan of his when he played for City. Didn't think he'd been at Swindon for that long. Good luck to him.

P.S. Loving the shithousery on the club website regarding how City are mentioned

"From there, Pitman completed a move to the Gas' cross-city rivals, but his stint there was short-lived, as he returned to Bournemouth in League One just two years later."

2 minutes ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Pitman a good signing for them. Mental we cast him off about 5+ years ago. 

2013 & certainly one of many baffling decisions by McInnes.

He should score goals in L2 & certainly won’t get any slower, because he had no pace (or willingness to run) in the first place.

Very good finisher though.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, 2015 said:

Controversial opinion: Rovers will finish below Swindon still this season. 

Can't help but think, and I hate to say it, they may actually go well this year. Pitman will score goals , and from what I've seen/read they've recruited quite well.
Swindon, not so sure. Maybe coming out of the clusterfu ... umm Mess,  that was their summer, but IMO that would be a shock, a welcome shock maybe, but a shock.

1895885245_Screenshot2021-07-30at08_13_52.png.986c38c99a62f80131a89cd7eb492790.png

Pitman wasn't the most mobile bloke when he was with us but  I don't think we used him properly and you knew that if the ball fell to him in the box it would likely go in.

However chatting to a Swindon fan earlier this year they couldn't wait to get rid of him, sounds like he can barely/is unwilling to move and has seemingly lost all finishing ability. 

Now it could be a confidence thing or simply being at Swindon but I wouldn't get mu hopes up too much if I were a Rovers fan...

14 minutes ago, hinsleburg said:

Pitman wasn't the most mobile bloke when he was with us but  I don't think we used him properly and you knew that if the ball fell to him in the box it would likely go in.

However chatting to a Swindon fan earlier this year they couldn't wait to get rid of him, sounds like he can barely/is unwilling to move and has seemingly lost all finishing ability. 

Now it could be a confidence thing or simply being at Swindon but I wouldn't get mu hopes up too much if I were a Rovers fan...

He scored 11 in 27 league starts so a very decent record. I think it's a good signing for Rovers. Felt we never quite got the best out of him here. 

Edited by Phileas Fogg
  • Like 4