IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

33 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

You have to be mindful of the fact that when we signed him, he had the chance of Premier League football but a lack of ambition meant he didn't fancy mixing it with the big boys.

I am fairly drunk, but equally fairly sure his other option was Blackpool*.

Nothing says committed more than looking for the easy option.

*probably have the entirely wrong.

Millen said on the OSIB podcast that Pitman went up to Blackpool and really didn’t fancy it so jumped at the chance to sign for us instead

3 hours ago, BS2 Red said:

So they are half of a half of old timey Norwich?

Actually, looking into Norwich's history, it fits quite well as Norwich were in the basement division when they wore that kit.

They are the Man Utd of the South, everybody knows this...

Screenshot_20210731-113840_Google.thumb.jpg.0ce7e9f7587155a04f9f7671bf0c558e.jpg

11 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Two goals for Pitman today in the half hour he played..

According to Oxford fans they were spending most their energy booing matty Taylor. After 18 months out of football well that sums some of those lot up. What a steal matty Taylor was btw and all we did was double his wages.

22 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

According to Oxford fans they were spending most their energy booing matty Taylor. After 18 months out of football well that sums some of those lot up. What a steal matty Taylor was btw and all we did was double his wages.

They're an odd bunch 

IMG_3878.PNG

Edited by Shaun Taylor

23 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

I’m guessing the club forgot to pipe crowd noise through the PA today...

5D512CC7-FCCB-4F45-AB83-046B3242166A.jpeg

"We're all having a party when Matty Taylor is dead" dear oh dear, in all my years of watching football and visiting grounds all over the country I've never heard anything like that being sung by fans, they really are the weirdest bunch of fans, they never cease to amaze. 

Just now, weepywall said:

"We're all having a party when Matty Taylor is dead" dear oh dear, in all my years of watching football and visiting grounds all over the country I've never heard anything like that being sung by fans, they really are the weirdest bunch of fans, they never cease to amaze. 

Unfortunately I have heard similar sung by fans elsewhere, sewer-rats tend to pop up everywhere.  Bloke moved to further his career and earn a better wage for his family - they should just get over it.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Son of Fred said:

Bagged a brace (goals not pies) against Oxford.......second a long range strike.

Decent signing up at the nomadic village..

Reading the report in Oxfords "paper" they played the first team for an hour and were winning when they broight 5 teenagers. No doubt the Gas and Bristol Live have a different take on it.