IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

22 hours ago, In the Net said:

Shameful, made worse because other Rovers supporters were telling those who started the booing to shut up - which only added to the noise.  I didn't really care about the result that evening.

I don't think there's any moral ground to be gained by either club with regards to this sort of thing, unfortunately we both have history.  Rovers were also guilty of the Aberfan chant, as I'm sure other clubs were at the time. 

And after the minute’s ‘silence’, Holloway climbed on to the railings in front of the Rovers fans and told them what he thought of them.  A very decent action.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

And after the minute’s ‘silence’, Holloway climbed on to the railings in front of the Rovers fans and told them what he thought of them.  A very decent action.

And he (Holloway) went on TV after the match to say he was ashamed.

My best mate is a Gashead. He was at Trumpton in May 1990. He recalled Holloway going over to the home supporters and offering anyone out who dared to make a derogatory comments about Dean Horrix (who had died a couple of weeks before the match). 

Holloway is Gas through and through, but he's been decent and respectful on a number of occasions. 

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Nothing screams "elite" and "professional" more than expecting someone to work for free to set up your entire data analysis department. 

I just had a quick look on Gaschat to see what they thought and there are people on page 1 actually supporting this move by the club ?

I mean yeah, someone should do it just for the experience and pride of working for the slags...a tinpot, 4th division football club. 

4 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

It was more of a reference towards his community service he done before. 

But you are right he’s been awful for rovers so far. 

I realised that, I was just trying to add a bit of humour, but to be fair it was early and so I probably deserve  ‘whoosh’

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Lew-T said:

Reading the responsibilities for the ‘unpaid internship’ doesn’t add up… 

Why would you have all those skills required only to work for free….

What planet is he on?

I guess this is different from when a ‘almost qualified’ Uni student is placed in a business and used to do a lot of vital work without pay? But then that’s classed as learning?

15 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

The Post article states: 

“A new season looms with renewed hope for Bristol Rovers, but the horrors of their relegation campaign remain fresh in the memory. 

It would be too convenient for the club to be able to bury those memories; instead Rovers need to learn from their worst season in at least a decade.”

So, their relegation to League Two, last season was worse than their relegation from the entire EFL in 2015 - a mere 6 years ago?

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, RedEd73 said:

Holloway is Gas through and through, but he's been decent and respectful on a number of occasions. 

He's been a customer at the business I work in for a number of years and when he is in he has no ego and is respectful of my colleagues and the service we provide. 

Edited by Barry Sheene
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

The Post article states: 

“A new season looms with renewed hope for Bristol Rovers, but the horrors of their relegation campaign remain fresh in the memory. 

It would be too convenient for the club to be able to bury those memories; instead Rovers need to learn from their worst season in at least a decade.”

So, their relegation to League Two, last season was worse than their relegation from the entire EFL in 2015 - a mere 6 years ago?

*edit 

Division 5

• Haha 1

On 05/08/2021 at 12:11, Rudolf Hucker said:

Well, IMO , it was nowhere near as good as 6 years ago.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Let's be honest here, if they're not near the top of that absolute shit fest of a division, they may as well give up.

Here's hoping they do the latter eh!

I'm hoping they'll keep up the good work from last year TBH. Sadly they will have to go some to continue their slide down the League.

But we live in hope 

• Like 1