IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

We know we are struggling but this false equivalence is insane.

Losing to Boro, potentially the likes of Fulham, Sheff U & West Brom is ******* light years away from being a fourth division side, despite what the local media might have you believe.

Their results so far, considering Barton has signed an entire team & pay wages far higher than their rivals, are absolutely pitiful.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

We know we are struggling but this false equivalence is insane.

Losing to Boro, potentially the likes of Fulham, Sheff U & West Brom is ******* light years away from being a fourth division side, despite what the local media might have you believe.

Their results so far, considering Barton has signed an entire team & pay wages far higher than their rivals, are absolutely pitiful.

Oh I don`t know. They were only narrowly beaten by the footballing powerhouse steeped in tradition and history that are Stevenage and pluckily held out until the 88th minute before succumbing to the superior skill of the established league side.

Barton in.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Baba Yaga said:

Strange how they came in at similar times and how badly both are doing, City fans are getting worried but you can imagine they are feeling worse...

Barton

P21 W3 D2 L16

Pearson

P17 W2 D5 L10

Who will turn it around first then? ?

Or walks?

Will Joey survive until his first or second court appearance ?

29 minutes ago, GreedyHarry said:

First match at home in 17 months with a crowd and 7,077 of the mutants did “what they do”

We’re in an awful mess, but they are in free fall and providing the only bright spots on match days?

I thought it was going to be a full house as opposed to half a house?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GreedyHarry said:

First match at home in 17 months with a crowd and 7,077 of the mutants did “what they do”

We’re in an awful mess, but they are in free fall and providing the only bright spots on match days?

Swindon had 9450 so put the Gas to shame and a thousand more than Oxford v Charlton?

Edited by Shaun Taylor
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, GreedyHarry said:

Hahaha - absolutely pathetic!

Out of morbid curiosity I went on their match report on the BBC website to see the attendance but didn’t find it, only a comment from (presumably) a City fan: 

“Why don’t you publish crowds any more? Too ashamed?”

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, GreedyHarry said:

7,077?! Massive club

Just the 10,000 more rocked up at Valley Parade this afternoon

Haha! Now, I can add a bit of context to some of this....

I moved up towards the Drapers Arms during lockdown and this evening, myself and the Doris took a trip down to the Cat and Wheel to catch up with some pals. I said, 'we'll leave here at about half four, that way, we'll avoid the Fewers at full time'.

This was met with agreement.

Get to the bus-stop a bit later than planned, but still well within the 90.

Swarms* of 'em milling about. Overheard comments included 'Sunday league stuff', 'Shambles', 'Joke' and my favourite 'If he could bear teams like he beats others'...

At that point, they had just gone 1 down. By the time I reached my destination, they'd let in another.

Sadly, with our result being equally shit, there is no enjoyment to be gained from their failure. 

Suffice to say they are of limited social skills and the bloke who wanted to get on the bus without wanting to buy a ticket was called a ******** from one of his own as he was holding everyone up, and the argument that 'It's not very far and you are going that way anyway' didn't sway the drivers refusal.

*By Swarms, I mean 'both'.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, WessexPest said:

Hahaha - absolutely pathetic!

Out of morbid curiosity I went on their match report on the BBC website to see the attendance but didn’t find it, only a comment from (presumably) a City fan: 

“Why don’t you publish crowds any more? Too ashamed?

To be fair, there are a fair few sets of supporters that realise how much crap they spout, so could be someone else. Probably not but could be :P