IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

16 hours ago, BS2 Red said:

After reading your post, I was interested enough to wonder what the leagues would look like if we based everything on average attendance.

I found the 2019-20 stats ( http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attn/aveeng.htm ) for the last pre-covid attendances and then sorted them into one big list and then put them into divisions.

Obviously it's a flawed way of judging teams, but (purely on attendance) it shows that we are not crazy to think we should be pushing for the Championship play offs.

Whereas Rovers should be grateful at a mid table League One place. Talk of the Championship for them is insanity.

c2N2XAA.jpg

mB5hamj.jpg

PYuLppE.jpg

J9lU7M2.jpg

Good research - @Davefevs would be proud of that! However, attendances don’t necessarily equate to standings in the football world - eg Wimbledon, Wigan, Yeovil - etc - all got to dizzy heights that their initial attendances would have deemed unlikely ... it’s the players on the pitch not the number of people in the stands - although I do note you stated your stats are a “flawed way of looking at teams” ...

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Good research - @Davefevs would be proud of that! However, attendances don’t necessarily equate to standings in the football world - eg Wimbledon, Wigan, Yeovil - etc - all got to dizzy heights that their initial attendances would have deemed unlikely ... it’s the players on the pitch not the number of people in the stands - although I do note you stated your stats are a “flawed way of looking at teams” ...

Yeah I completely agree attendance is not, by itself, a way of measuring success/prestige of a team.

I only did it to counter the "we're massive! Loyal gasheads! Championship level, look at how many of us there are!" rubbish that the 15ers like to spout.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bs3 said:

This bloke is clearly deluded. I’ve heard the name but couldn’t pick him out in a line up.  Everything about this interview is Micky mouse.

Apart from your manager, the only person at BCFC that I could name or recognise is Scott Murray.  When we haven't played each other for a fair number of years, there's no reason for either set of fans to be aware of who plays for the other team.  Whereas going back to the days of regular derby matches, I could still probably name around 75% of your players. 

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 2

14 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Attendance: 6,005 (286 away). Thank you to the travelling Latics fans who have made the journey tonight.
Happy Cracking Up GIF by Regal

The gAsshole in work, who I've not seen for about 3 months, came bouncing in the office this morning like a dog with 2 dicks.

When I asked why their crowd was so shit, he mumbled something about ticket scanners not working and left with his tail between his legs.

I'll probably see him again around Christmas.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Apart from your manager, the only person at BCFC that I could name or recognise is Scott Murray.  When we haven't played each other for a fair number of years, there's no reason for either set of fans to be aware of who plays for the other team.  Whereas going back to the days of regular derby matches, I could still probably name around 75% of your players. 

We know a few of your lot on this thread, solely down to their picture perfect faces at their unveiling holding the scarf.

Stefan Payne being the ultimate imo.

24 minutes ago, In the Net said:

You have got a good memory Netty!

25 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Yep, that bloke who has just played in the quarter final of the Euros & against England no one has ever heard of him. Or the one who faced Germany, France & Portugal..

Or Andi Weimann, Chris Martin, Andy King, players with loads of Prem games behind them..

Gas always come out with this shit, let’s face it most of their team arrived this summer, in the latest 10 in, 13 out shitshow that happens in BS7 most seasons.

Most people don’t know who fourth division footballers are but I do know their goalie (genuinely don’t know his name) was in the Finland squad, though.

• Like 6

55 minutes ago, old parkender said:

Barca are back

AE8D6D84-7C4C-4FAA-83CC-34C407B87C27.png

I had to look and see if this was genuine, and you know what...

No only is it a real Twitter account, but his Bio may explain a lot 

"Bristol Rovers columnist for the Bristol Post. Probably the only Gashead in Peterborough"

W⚓ ✊?

?

45 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Sorry but this is complete rubbish unless you never watch , listen or read any other football content at all , on any platform. 
you’ve never heard of any of our players ? 
you’ve never heard of Andi Wiemann or Nahki Wells . You didn’t watch the Czech Republic in the euros & see Tomas Kalas. I think you’re bending the truth ITN 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Sorry but this is complete rubbish unless you never watch , listen or read any other football content at all , on any platform. 
you’ve never heard of Andi Wiemann or Nahki Wells . You didn’t watch the Czech Republic in the euros & see Tomas Kalas. I think you’re bending the truth ITN 

I think it’s more the along lines of peasants do not concern themselves with the lives of kings!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

To be honest I don't take a great interest in international football these days, certainly not enough to remember the names of players, unless it's somebody like Messi or Ronaldo.  I do remember Tammy Abram from when he was on loan with you.  I didn't say I'd never hear of any of your players, just that I wouldn't be able to name or recognise them, I'm sure I will have read some of their names somewhere at some point, but not enough to memorise them.

3 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Yep, that bloke who has just played in the quarter final of the Euros & against England no one has ever heard of him. Or the one who faced Germany, France & Portugal..

Or Andi Weimann, Chris Martin, Andy King, players with loads of Prem games behind them..

Gas always come out with this shit, let’s face it most of their team arrived this summer, in the latest 10 in, 13 out shitshow that happens in BS7 most seasons.

Most people don’t know who fourth division footballers are but I do know their goalie (genuinely don’t know his name) was in the Finland squad, though.

I did hear it mentioned in commentary that there was a Bristol City player in one of the teams, but can't remember which country, never mind the player's name.  The same with a lot of players who played for other countries, watching a match for 90 minutes doesn't ingrain the names in the brain forever.

9 minutes ago, In the Net said:

To be honest I don't take a great interest in international football these days, certainly not enough to remember the names of players, unless it's somebody like Messi or Ronaldo.  I do remember Tammy Abram from when he was on loan with you.  I didn't say I'd never hear of any of your players, just that I wouldn't be able to name or recognise them, I'm sure I will have read some of their names somewhere at some point, but not enough to memorise them.

That's fair enough about international football, I think there's the odd exception of recognisable players in our squad. The main being Danny Simpson (ex Leicester and Prem winning right back), but aside from that most  people don't know players from outside the Premier League. And then very like Pearson. 

I've heard of Wells for years, but wouldn't been able to recognise him until he joined City as a prime example. 

I don't think it's a bad thing from @In the Net. We don't play often so why would he know City players any more than he'd know e.g. Barnsley players? 

38 minutes ago, Selred said:

That's fair enough about international football, I think there's the odd exception of recognisable players in our squad. The main being Danny Simpson (ex Leicester and Prem winning right back), but aside from that most  people don't know players from outside the Premier League. And then very like Pearson. 

I've heard of Wells for years, but wouldn't been able to recognise him until he joined City as a prime example. 

I don't think it's a bad thing from @In the Net. We don't play often so why would he know City players any more than he'd know e.g. Barnsley players? 

In the Net is a laydeeeeee ?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

"Hoardes" of chances?

Bet he's prowed of his vocabulary and spelling. 

Let’s explain the subtle difference in language they can understand:

”A horde of Gasheads were locked out at Braintree Town.”

”They hoard crisps and Fanta long past their expiration dates.”

Edited by WessexPest
  • Like 1