IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 minutes ago, pommers65 said:

Also said "I want square pegs in round holes"

He’s genuinely crackers isn’t he. That interview is comedy gold. Saying they are going to be ‘everyone’s cup final’. ‘Knows there is no doubt we will get promoted this season’. Absolutely delusional. Hilarious.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Barton : "We are going to be everybody's cup final"

His delusion knows no limits. :facepalm:

Doctor for Barton.......

And I know the charges (potentially) against him for assaulting his wife/partner are serious, but I'm beginning to think she might have punched him....he really doesn't where he is or what he's doing.

17 minutes ago, lenred said:

He’s genuinely crackers isn’t he. That interview is comedy gold. Saying they are going to be ‘everyone’s cup final’. ‘Knows there is no doubt we will get promoted this season’. Absolutely delusional. Hilarious.  

Oh, don't spoil it.................I was going to listen to it later, and knock one out, on the strength of it !?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, SDBS36 said:
lastminutewinner
Rickie Lambert

Trust Lansdown to loan them a player before they play us....
yesterday at 1:54pm olskooltoteender likes this
Post Options

Post by lastminutewinner on yesterday at 1:54pm

They always find away to blame us

Yep that loan deal was personally sanctioned by Sir Steve himself.

5 minutes ago, SDBS36 said:
lastminutewinner
Rickie Lambert

yesterday at 1:54pm olskooltoteender likes this
Post Options

Post by lastminutewinner on yesterday at 1:54pm

They always find away to blame us

We can live with the guilt! ;)

On Barton, I normally try and find good in people but that bloke is just a deluded common thug without any redeeming traits whatsoever. An odious waste of breath! The sooner he's away from our fair City the better, even if it improves the sags.

Edited by Ska Junkie

6 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Oh, don't spoil it.................I was going to listen to it later, and knock one out, on the strength of it !?

It’s ok. I had a brief listen of the report of the game and some Gas callers at the start of the show. That should provide all the material you need! 

• Haha 1

I have to say this quite quietly as it makes me feel slightly nauseous to praise an ex Sag manager and Swindle however Garner has done a good job there so far.

Let's be honest, he got the job because the club was an absolute wreck and based on his previous form with the methane snorters he wasn't likely to get too many offers of employment. 

Since he's signed on he's assembled an entirely new squad out of thin air and won 2 and drawn 1 of his first 4 games.

Meanwhile, at delusion central Barton can't win a coin toss with a two headed coin 

Oh dear, how sad, never mind.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

I have to say this quite quietly as it makes me feel slightly nauseous to praise an ex Sag manager and Swindle however Garner has done a good job there so far.

Let's be honest, he got the job because the club was an absolute wreck and based on his previous form with the methane snorters he wasn't likely to get too many offers of employment. 

Since he's signed on he's assembled an entirely new squad out of thin air and won 2 and drawn 1 of his first 4 games.

Meanwhile, at delusion central Barton can't win a coin toss with a two headed coin 

Oh dear, how sad, never mind.

I think quite a lot of people (myself included) expected him to do quite well at the fewers.

He was taking on a team that had play-off ambitious based on the previous manager, was backed by Wally (although how many of the signings were his seems to be a mystery) and he came highly endorsed.

Would guess the squad he inherited had delusional views and considered themselves superior as they were being played to play (something he never managed), whereas now, he is working with a group of players who probably just enjoy being paid and don't have that attitude.

Either way, both Swindon and the Fewers can get I'm the sea.

• Like 2