IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

20 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

They have a 36 and 37 year old training with them this week, at this rate Joey will be putting his boots on.

Glenn Whelan has been playing for Wythenshawe Amateurs in step 9 of the pyramid. He looks quite fit for watched him play against team I volunteer for Saturday. Was basically sitting in front of the back 4 and controlling the game. Didn’t do much just simple passes and lots of organising. Should be quite fit, really surprised he was playing at this level.

2 hours ago, City Rocker said:

This chap drove past me in Bristol today, and what with the blue and white livery on his van, I got to wondering which football team he supports.

I just hope, I really hope....well, you know.

Does anyone here happen to know 'Mr Gapper'?

1.jpg

Mate of mine spunked on a gas head named gapper once. Not the pictured fellow but one of his clan I believe. 

• Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1

On 22/08/2021 at 11:20, TomF said:

So let me get this right. You've managed the team you support in a big football city who you've got to the Premier League who regularly play in front of 30,000 crowds in a lovely football stadium. So your next step in your career is to drop two leagues playing in front of a dwindling band of unwashed cretins with an atmosphere created by the romantic sound of numerous canvas roofs flapping in the wind.

And yes, you are delusional.

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

8 hours ago, City Rocker said:

This chap drove past me in Bristol today, and what with the blue and white livery on his van, I got to wondering which football team he supports.

I just hope, I really hope....well, you know.

Does anyone here happen to know 'Mr Gapper'?

1.jpg

Yes I know him.

Not a Gashead to the best of my knowledge.

Highly recommend him btw if you need anything done on your roof, very good.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan

19 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Posted on their FB page

Talk of changing the stands name.. Why arnt any of our stands and terracing named after.. Former legends... All teams.. Have some reference... Matthew harding stand.. Alex furguson stand.. Etc etc..

Because you don't have any friggin legends you stupid bustards.

You don't remember that unstoppable European signing the Fewers made, Poplar Insulation?

29 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Posted on their FB page

Talk of changing the stands name.. Why arnt any of our stands and terracing named after.. Former legends... All teams.. Have some reference... Matthew harding stand.. Alex furguson stand.. Etc etc..

I`m not sure naming something that could blow away in a mild breeze after someone is a very respectful TBH.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

They have a 36 and 37 year old training with them this week, at this rate Joey will be putting his boots on.

What I don’t understand about this is that after the transfer window closes the maximum number of players aged over 21 you can have in a L2 squad this season is 20 & the blue few already have 23 of them.

This means if they signed one of these codgers they would need to shift 4 players within the next week to comply, if they sign both of them they need to move on 5.

Norman Stanley Barton needs to bring in The Count from Sesame St, not any more effing players.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

What I don’t understand about this is that after the transfer window closes the maximum number of players aged over 21 you can have in a L2 squad this season is 20 & the blue few already have 23 of them.

This means if they signed one of these codgers they would need to shift 4 players within the next week to comply, if they sign both of them they need to move on 5.

Norman Stanley Barton needs to bring in The Count from Sesame St, not any more effing players.

He`s told Wally he`s anticipating big money bids for some of his superstars before next week and who are we to doubt him? I`m sure bigger clubs have been tracking his world-beaters for some considerable time......................................

7 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Posted on their FB page

I suppose the Smash and Grab Stand might be apt. When it gets smashed to bits by a gust of wind they'll need to grab hold of it to stop it disappearing up Gloucester Road.

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Posted on their FB page

Talk of changing the stands name.. Why arnt any of our stands and terracing named after.. Former legends... All teams.. Have some reference... Matthew harding stand.. Alex furguson stand.. Etc etc..

Good grief ... everyone knows it’s the “Sur Alex Furguson” Stand ... his name prowdly adorns the top of the structure ...

• Haha 1